Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 4:44:02 PM EDT
I can get a job as a foreman of a crew hanging blue tarp for FEMA.  Already turned im my paperwork - as good as a done deal.

Here's my questions.

I heaqrd from one source that FEMA is providing crew leaders (at least three five man crews under them) with $4,000 to purchase equipment to get the job done.

The guy who is the crew leader that I would be working for said that I needed to provide ladders and nail guns.  The "equipment list" that he gave me had a portion whited out.  well, I wrinkled up the paper to get rid of the white out, and the portion that he had covered said that it was the crew leader's responsibility to provide trucks and or trailers to move the material.

What *I* am bringing to the table is a 4x4 quad cab, a trailer, a huge tent to sleep multiple guys, and all of the equipment and then some that a foreman needs (according to the list).

I tried to call half a dozen FEMA numbers to get the straight scoop today - no luck.  I searched on the Internet 'til my fingers were bloody knubs - no luck.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

I don't want to be buying ladders and nail guns when the guy above me has already been paid for the stuff by Uncle Sam.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a guy call me about this today.

He said he needed nail guns and nails.

I really don't know anything other than that. I tried to help him get with someone to sell then to him, but it seems that ALOT of supplies have been bought up.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife found out that the money was given to the initial group of contractors only - about 100 people in the Dallas area.

Thanks for the info, krpind.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#3]
FEMA has cancelled the contracts for the tarp program and has decided to give the work to volunteer groups.

Lawyers are headed to Biloxi to battle it out right now.

FOCK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top