Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 4:08:51 PM EDT
Is the safe sold by Sam's club a good deal?

I saw it tonight and it looks sort of cheap, with the flat black paint and the winchester decal.

Is there another safe in the price range that's better? say less than $600

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It's fine. Regular wally-mart may have the same one for less money than Sam's, though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't seen it at the Dallas Sam's stores?  Could you find it online or give us some more details about it?

Weight?
Holds what # of guns?
Approx. size?
Cost?
Digital keypad or combination lock?

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
try some local safe stores and see if they have any used safes. a lot of the time people trade up into a larger safe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Haven't seen it at the Dallas Sam's stores?  Could you find it online or give us some more details about it?

Weight?
Holds what # of guns?
Approx. size?
Cost?
Digital keypad or combination lock?

EPOCH

here it
is

winchestersafes.com/

actually, it looks better than the liberty centurion safe and it's 2/3 the cost

www.libertysafe.com/Safe_Centurion23.lasso

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
it's better than no safe, but it has external hinges, only about 500lbs, it's thin, poor fire rating,    but still better than no safe at all. I  finally bit the bullet and bought a safe about 6 mos ago, the peace of mind was well worth it. About 1500.00 shipped. If you have a business it is sometimes possible to write them off as an expense, that's my plan. if you have 5-6 grand in weapons a safe should be considered a reasonable expense IMO.

edit to add after viewing the link ,there are much worse safes than this one, and if you're on a budget it's still OK
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
it's better than no safe, but it has external hinges, only about 500lbs, it's thin, poor fire rating,    but still better than no safe at all. I  finally bit the bullet and bought a safe about 6 mos ago, the peace of mind was well worth it. About 1500.00 shipped. If you have a business it is sometimes possible to write them off as an expense, that's my plan. if you have 5-6 grand in weapons a safe should be considered a reasonable expense IMO.

edit to add after viewing the link ,there are much worse safes than this one, and if you're on a budget it's still OK

the external hinges just swing the door.  there is a full height mechanical interlock on the hinge side when the door is closed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I've looked at it and think its an ok deal if you can live w/ its size.  Definatly better than just a locking cabinet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
i have one and love it.  my. .02.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems like a good safe!  I wish they had some here in Dallas

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Good deal.

Not big enough, but no gun safe is big enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top