Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 3:57:55 PM EDT
They cashed my checks for a suppressor and SBR 6 months ago.  5 months ago my apps went "pending".  Last time it took 60 days from that point to get my stamps.  After 90 days I called and was told "still pending, but by 120 days it should be good to go.  We're moving, blah blah, etc."

Since then, I have called 6 times, left messages with my inspector (Butch Shipman), but can never get through to him.  Now when I call they won't even pull up my items on the computer but say they'll connect me to my inspector (who never answers his phone or returns calls.)

What recourse do I have?  160 days and counting.  Should I call again and ask for his supervisor?  Call Dept. of Treasury?  Call my pro-gun congressman's office?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Call my pro-gun congressman's office?

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
you aren't alone...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
corp or individual?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
*Nelson* HA HA

Just messing with you Eric.  Adam doesn't seem to think your mount is gonna work with his design BTW.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm suprised someone hasn't said to "sit down, shut up, and be glad the govt is even allowing you to apply".
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Individual.  Seems the people who are incorporated get theirs in 30 days.  Depending on who your inspector is, individuals either wait 45 days or fucking forever.  My first two I did last year were 90 days total.

I have one "ace in the hole" I will use early next week, but if that doesn't get me any satisfaction, I am going to call ATF, talk to my inspector's supervisor, and then go to my congressman.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#7]
If communications are not in writing, it might as well not exist.   However, inquiring nicely might not be a bad idea, just remember, a lot of the desk-level people in gubmint are buried with more work than be done in an 8-hour day.   Having been in a non-government, but similar, situation I try to be assertive but not an asshole.  They are people, too.  You mean you can't get their address to write a letter?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:42:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If communications are not in writing, it might as well not exist.   However, inquiring nicely might not be a bad idea, just remember, a lot of the desk-level people in gubmint are buried with more work than be done in an 8-hour day.   Having been in a non-government, but similar, situation I try to be assertive but not an asshole.  They are people, too.  You mean you can't get their address to write a letter?

Here's the problem - I have enquired nicely for 3 months.  I have been told for 3 months now that my app is pending and it will be done by August. 1 - well, here we are, almost 45 days later, and I'm being given the runaround.  Others who apply for this stuff get theirs done in 45-60 days tops.  It is THIS particular inspector (who, by the way, has been known in the past to have been caught shredding apps) who apparently has decided to just stop working on this stuff.  Unfortunately, I can't request another inspector.  I'm stuck with this one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here's the problem - I have enquired nicely for 3 months.  I have been told for 3 months now that my app is pending and it will be done by August. 1 - well, here we are, almost 45 days later, and I'm being given the runaround.  Others who apply for this stuff get theirs done in 45-60 days tops.  It is THIS particular inspector (who, by the way, has been known in the past to have been caught shredding apps) who apparently has decided to just stop working on this stuff.  Unfortunately, I can't request another inspector.  I'm stuck with this one.

Is it possible to send another application with proof of the $200 tax payment?  If in fact he did shred it/lose it then it would be worth sending in another copy.  It's just an idea.

I've been waiting for a dealer-to-dealer transfer on a suppressor.  It has been 2 1/2 months and it still hasn't gone through.  So hang in there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They cashed my checks for a suppressor and SBR 6 months ago.  5 months ago my apps went "pending".  Last time it took 60 days from that point to get my stamps.  After 90 days I called and was told "still pending, but by 120 days it should be good to go.  We're moving, blah blah, etc."

Since then, I have called 6 times, left messages with my inspector (Butch Shipman), but can never get through to him.  Now when I call they won't even pull up my items on the computer but say they'll connect me to my inspector (who never answers his phone or returns calls.)

What recourse do I have?  160 days and counting.  Should I call again and ask for his supervisor?  Call Dept. of Treasury?  Call my pro-gun congressman's office?

Mel Martinez sir... very pro gun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It is THIS particular inspector (who, by the way, has been known in the past to have been caught shredding apps) who apparently has decided to just stop working on this stuff.  Unfortunately, I can't request another inspector.  I'm stuck with this one.

Is your pro-gun congressman aware of the fact that he's been shredding apps?  I'd imagine that would be enough to get his ass fired, even from a cushy government job.  Telling your congressman about this might be the fastest way to get your app reassigned to a different inspector.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#12]
<<Hijack on>>

Greywolf 2112,

Congrats on your registry and that's an outstanding score! I saw the earlier thread, but didn't have time to reply.

<<Hijack off, back to your regularly scheduled thread>>
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
<<Hijack on>>

Greywolf 2112,

Congrats on your registry and that's an outstanding score! I saw the earlier thread, but didn't have time to reply.

<<Hijack off, back to your regularly scheduled thread>>

Thanks, man!  I was shocked myself at the score!

And hey - you should move down here - I can get you a job at Tampa General, pay is awesome, benes are incredible, and the women . . . woo hoo!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Last I heard even dealer transfers were taking 3+ months. It wouldn't suppries me if yours took 6+.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:48:52 AM EDT
[#15]
e-mail sent
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about requesting his supervisor?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Bummer man, the individual transfers seem to take f..o..r..e..v..e..r, the reason I've heard is pending the fingerprint check and that seems to be getting worse and worse.

Who knows, it could just be bureacratic finger-pointing. Also I hate to say it but your times to this point don't look wildly different than other people I've talked to.

It stinks but just one more reason to use an Inc if you have a business.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Shit, I'm already incorporated...that pretty much makes up my mind how I am going to do mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top