Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 2:39:26 PM EDT
Looking for a heavy duty digital watch with a built in compass.  Would spend up to $150, but under $100 would be nice.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Casio G-Shock

with one of these:

Approved by Spec-Ops, Infantry, REMF's, and wannabe's worldwide.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
There's always the Suunto.

Dunno if G-shock has a model with a digital comp yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Casio pathfinder series. Several different models with extra features, like altimiter etc.

The thermometer is affected too much by body heat, but everything else is great.

Often show up new in box on Ebay for $70-$100
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Casio Triple sensor "Pathfinder" with the compass and I love it. I paid around $100.00 or so. Just do a Google search for it and hit the "Froogle" button and sort by price "low to high".
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The Suuntos are little more than I wanted to spend.  I was wanting a G-shock, but I couldn't find a compass model.  Any idea if they have one or are coming out with one?  Seems strange that they wouldn't have one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Suuntos are little more than I wanted to spend.  I was wanting a G-shock, but I couldn't find a compass model.  Any idea if they have one or are coming out with one?  Seems strange that they wouldn't have one.

their pathfinders have digital compasses built into them.  Excellent easy to use watches.
ebay one
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Have had a Timex Expedition for 3 years now, $40.    Just replaced the band with one less prone to mildewy stink.

Works great, but if you work around equipment with strong magnetic fields, it may need to be calibrated from time to time.    When it's out of calibration, it's obvious as it gives crazy values, and only takes 30 secs to recalibrate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 on the Pathfinder, I have one and love it. The altimiter is great for land nav too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top