Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2005 12:34:59 PM EDT
The only thing good about being cash broke is that is when the deals come along.

Some LE department has been sitting on a dozen of these (HK94s) since the early 80s.

I just nabbed 2 of them for myself.

When I free up some cash these are going to the smith for installation of a factory 3 lug threaded barrel, registered sear install and a complete refinish and tune up.

$2,400 each.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score!

However, those long-assed barells have got to go.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You really only need one of those.  I'll save you the room in your safe, but you'll owe me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice score!

Yup. Like I said...When I free up some cash these are going to the smith for installation of a factory 3 lug threaded barrel, registered sear install and a complete refinish and tune up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm trying to hate the GAME, not the PLAYA but I'm coming up short...

/great score... those are some great little carbines.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn you. I would be happy with just one good clone....much less 2 genuine ones......
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I hate you.

No you don't.

But I'm thinking about grabbing 2 more if I can manage it.

Now you hate me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hate you.

+1  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice score!

Yup. Like I said...When I free up some cash these are going to the smith for installation of a factory 3 lug threaded barrel, registered sear install and a complete refinish and tune up.

How much does a registered sear cost these days?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Post, pre or transferable sear?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice score!

How much does a registered sear cost these days?

Around 10k depending who made it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hate you.

and you suck, Steyr.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#14]
You sir are a despicable show off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate you.

No you don't.

But I'm thinking about grabbing 2 more if I can manage it.

Now you hate me.

Now I'm plotting your timely demise.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought only HK94's had the long barrel?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Post, pre or transferable sear?

Kharn

I've got a few pre86 transferrables cached away.

Post samples sears are mainingless unless you are a SOT manufacturer, which I'm not, and you may as well buy post sample factory guns rather than install them in pre89 imports which then cannot be owned by anyone.

Same deal with sears from pre86 dealer samples. The sear itself isn't registered in the case of dealer samples, the receiver is. Installing a sear from a pre86 dealer sample would only create a post sample machine gun that nobody technically owns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#18]
You lucky SOB steyr.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#19]
They look like 94's to me.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

They are HK 94s, they will BECOME HK MP5s.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope that BS law will be revoked and these will just be used mg's that no one wants...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Psst. look up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then your title was misleading...

Imagine that around here...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#24]
couple of questions,is it's 9mm?? and has semi/burst/auto??
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psst. look up.

I see it.

So how does that work?  You have registered sears with paperwork for them and you can drop them into the receiver?  I thought the receiver had to be registered.  Or does it become registered when the thing is assembled?
If not, and you dropped a semi-fire control into the receiver afterwards would it be an illegal SBR b/c of the shorter bbl?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But the content of the post AND the picture made it obvious.

Gotta read.

And TECHNICALLY they are MP5s because I already own the sears. I just finally got the host guns.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#27]
This is kind of off-topic, but does anyone sell fake suppressors for the HK94s and clones other than the ones you see on all the new BW5s these days? The kind I'm thinking of are the integrated suppressors that use a new handguard. I found a site that sold this kind a ways back but can't remember anymore.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psst. look up.

I see it.

So how does that work?  You have registered sears with paperwork for them and you can drop them into the receiver?  I thought the receiver had to be registered.  Or does it become registered when the thing is assembled?
If not, and you dropped a semi-fire control into the receiver afterwards would it be an illegal SBR b/c of the shorter bbl?

Registered receiver is in the trigger pack. Swap packs and you are ready to roll.

When I have the work done I will register them as SBRs as well so they will be good to go if I don't have the pack in them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Post pictures of your stashed away sears.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Plus serial numbers of each sear.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

9mm.

And the registered packs I have are standard S-E-F config.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#32]
How about leaving 'em as-is?

Reason being, real HK94's aren't exactily growing on trees, and the number of them in original configuration/able to be transferred as a Title I weapon are shrinking, because people pony the money up for one and then have it re-barreled with a 3-lug, turning it into an SBR...

I love my HK94 and I've considered re-barreling with a 3 lug and having a fake supressor tacked onto it for legality...but I don't like the thought of totally dorking it up, especially when, honestly, it doesn't need it. The barrel's gotta be 16" regardless...

Admittidly, I don't have any sears (illegal here, unless someone made some that qualify for C&R ), so I don't have that temptation.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You don't know what a trigger pack looks like?

Or did you want pics of the Form 4s as well?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta read.

And TECHNICALLY they are MP5s because I already own the sears. I just finally got the host guns.

The fact is not as many ppl. would have checked out your post if you said you scored some HK94s, and if you want to get techincal, no, you do not have an MP5. You have a sear gun...different thing...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#35]
$2400!??   Please hook me up !    I want one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought you ATF guys already had that info.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psst. look up.

I see it.

Registered receiver is in the trigger pack. Swap packs and you are ready to roll.

When I have the work done I will register them as SBRs as well so they will be good to go if I don't have the pack in them.

OK, so the SBR issue is a reality...but you've planned for it.  I don't know the NFA rules very well at all.  I think I'm going to get my first stab at NFA stuff with a suppressor or two (22LR and/or an AR).
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
How about leaving 'em as-is?

Reason being, real HK94's aren't exactily growing on trees, and the number of them in original configuration/able to be transferred as a Title I weapon are shrinking, because people pony the money up for one and then have it re-barreled with a 3-lug, turning it into an SBR...

I love my HK94 and I've considered re-barreling with a 3 lug and having a fake supressor tacked onto it for legality...but I don't like the thought of totally dorking it up, especially when, honestly, it doesn't need it. The barrel's gotta be 16" regardless...

Admittidly, I don't have any sears (illegal here, unless someone made some that qualify for C&R ), so I don't have that temptation.

Shhh...let the boys who like to rock and roll keep cutting them up. It will just drive up the price of the nice virgin examples out there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought you ATF guys already had that info.

We just would like to be sure you haven't had any boating accidents with your sear packs
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Big deal, it's cheap german made knock-offs of a Special Weapons / Todd Bailey gun....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

9mm.

thanks can you get .45 mp5's ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This is kind of off-topic, but does anyone sell fake suppressors for the HK94s and clones other than the ones you see on all the new BW5s these days? The kind I'm thinking of are the integrated suppressors that use a new handguard. I found a site that sold this kind a ways back but can't remember anymore.

E&L Manufacturing make 'em..click on the barrel shrouds link.

I had one.

POS. Melted around the muzzle area after a couple hundred rounds...also required removing any sling.

Admittidly it does look nice; hitting it with black Krylon really made it look great...just, well, it melted around the hole for the muzzle. Bleh.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta read.

The fact is not as many ppl. would have checked out your post if you said you scored some HK94s, and if you want to get techincal, no, you do not have an MP5. You have a sear gun...different thing...

Then NOBODY has a MP5.

All the "transferrable" MP5 are ALL HK94 registered sear or registered receiver conversions.

There are NO pre 68 transferrable MP5s.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#44]
You shouldn't have....

And I didn't even tell you my birthday was coming up.

Three cheers for Steyr!

/mumble lucky sonofabitch /mumble
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

E&L Manufacturing make 'em..click on the barrel shrouds link.

I had one.

POS. Melted around the muzzle area after a couple hundred rounds...also required removing any sling.

Admittidly it does look nice; hitting it with black Krylon really made it look great...just, well, it melted around the hole for the muzzle. Bleh.

That's what I was looking for!

So you had this model, and it was junk?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

9mm.

No such animal.

HK made a few prototypes, and did produce .40 and 10mm versions, but went with the UMP instead of going into production with a MP545.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

9mm.

No such animal.

HK made a few prototypes, and did produce .40 and 10mm versions, but went with the UMP instead of going into production with a MP545.

I know Special Weapons just finished making their own model in 40S&W. Looked very sexy
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#48]
anyone have the pic of the guy with a necklace of sears?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

www.brasscatchers.com/pics/311.jpg

I wouldn't exactily call it junk...I mean, it DID fit very well, it DID stay on, it DID look awefully nice.

It just isn't exactily designed or meant to be..you know, shot

It probably would be just fine if you don't go through 2-3 mags in a string like I do, and then let it cool down for a bit...part of the thing is that it distances your hand from the slim grip (mine has the slim foregrip) so you don't feel the heat when you shoot a lot...so going through 3-4-5 mags in a string is suddenly possible because, well, you don't feel the heat.

Problem is, that much heat...it'll start to melt the plastic around the muzzle area of the barrel.

I'm not saying don't buy one...just saying that if you DO get one, understand it's limitations. It does look real sweet. One guy thought I had a real can on it, last time I took it out with that shroud on it..the 16" barrel + 9mm = pretty damn quiet for a centerfire cartridge. Probably still need to wear ears, but it's not very loud at all.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.brasscatchers.com/pics/311.jpg

I wouldn't exactily call it junk...I mean, it DID fit very well, it DID stay on, it DID look awefully nice.

It just isn't exactily designed or meant to be..you know, shot

It probably would be just fine if you don't go through 2-3 mags in a string like I do, and then let it cool down for a bit...part of the thing is that it distances your hand from the slim grip (mine has the slim foregrip) so you don't feel the heat when you shoot a lot...so going through 3-4-5 mags in a string is suddenly possible because, well, you don't feel the heat.

Problem is, that much heat...it'll start to melt the plastic around the muzzle area of the barrel.

I'm not saying don't buy one...just saying that if you DO get one, understand it's limitations. It does look real sweet. One guy thought I had a real can on it, last time I took it out with that shroud on it..the 16" barrel + 9mm = pretty damn quiet for a centerfire cartridge. Probably still need to wear ears, but it's not very loud at all.

Hell, I'd need to buy an HK94 or a clone before I even consider buying the shroud .

Is the actual fake suppressor some sort of metal with the rear shroud a cheapo plastic?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top