Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 11:07:53 AM EDT
Zogby America Poll. Sept. 6-7, 2005. N=1,157 likely voters nationwide. MoE ± 2.9.

"Overall, how would you rate President Bush's performance on the job . . . ?"
Excellent/Good: 40%
Fair/Poor: 59%
Previous on 7/26-30/05: 45/55

"Is your overall opinion of George W. Bush very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable, or very unfavorable, or you are not familiar enough to form an opinion?"
Favorable: 49%
Unfavorable: 50%
Previous on 7/26-30/05: 53/45

Progression of job performance numbers for the week of 9/1-5:

President Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina:

code:             Excellent Good  Fair  Poor  Unsure
All                       12%      24    17    43        4
Democrats          2             8     18    71        2
Republicans        25          42   16    13        5
Independents      6            20   18    49        7

"How would you assess the government response to Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath . . . ?"

code:             Excellent Good  Fair  Poor  Unsure
All                        10%    22      24   43        2
Democrats            3          9       25    62       1
Republicans         17       39      24    17       2
Independents        7        17      22    54       -
--------------------------------------------------------------

What's going on here?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like people are basing their opinion on their party affiliation.

If John Kerry was president and acting as GWB is now, I would say the same thing that I do about Bush: things went wrong, but he seems to be doing  the best that he can.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Overall how would you rate Zogby's political agenda?

A: liberally biased, but in a good way.

B. conservatively biased, just like the evil Haliburton corp.

C. Fair and balanced like an innocent baby with fluffy puppies and kitty cats all around.
It is hard to take his polls seriously any longer.
Especially when a USA Today poll shows almost twice as many assigning blame to the Governor and Mayor, as to Bush.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If John Kerry was president and acting as GWB is now, I would say the same thing that I do about Bush: things went wrong, but he seems to be doing  the best that he can.

While you'd expect the Dems to be negative, it's telling that the Reps are down on him as well...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess anything ciritical of Bush is biased, but if it's not, it's balanced?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, where's the poll on the Mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin?

...or the one on the Governor of Louisiana,  Kathleen Babineaux Blanco?

Polls are easy to manipulate.  Is it not obvious?

Obviously something was different about this Hurricane and the place it hit.

Florida has a series of Hurricanes and no one was busting GW's chops about any of them or FEMA for that matter.  

Now comes the Storm of the Century and people expect perfection, lightning reactions, and timely execution.

It's a War against Mother Nature and we lost, big time.  The biggest reason we lost is the storm overwhelmed the planning, both locally and nationally.  It is not feasible nor is it fiscally responsible to plan for the storm of the millenium or a 10.0 Earthquake or a tsunami hitting a major metro area.  But you're welcome to plead otherwise.  Just bring facts and plans.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#6]
People with an axe to grind are the usual respondents to these polls.

They would be liberals and Democrats.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm really not even looking at the Kartina part, but mainly the overall approval rating.  No doubt Katrina has something to do with it from going from 47% to 40%, but still, he has the lowest approval rating of any second term president since they started taking polls.  Coincidence?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I guess anything ciritical of Bush is biased, but if it's not, it's balanced?

No, not really.  In the case of this poll, the wording looks very straight-forward.
However, Zogby tends to make the quesstions lead pollee's with carefully constructed answers, so it is hard to take him serious.
And, as I mentioned, in a USA Today poll - "Who is to Blame?" poll the results were 13% Bush, 25% local gov't, a8% Federal agencies.

Quoted:
I'm really not even looking at the Kartina part, but mainly the overall approval rating.  No doubt Katrina has something to do with it from going from 47% to 40%, but still, he has the lowest approval rating of any second term president since they started taking polls.  Coincidence?

No, it is no coincidence "FAIR" was included with "POOR".  See below.

"Overall, how would you rate President Bush's performance on the job . . . ?"
Excellent/Good: 40%
Fair/Poor: 59%
Previous on 7/26-30/05: 45/55

Why label Fair with Poor?  If 1/3 the respondants meant "Fair" and 2/3 meant "Poor", had they rearranged the poll to Excellent/Good/Fair the percentage would be 59% Positive and 40% Negative.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

C. Fair and balanced like an innocent baby with fluffy puppies and kitty cats all around.
Especially when a USA Today poll shows almost twice as many assigning blame to the Governor and Mayor, as to Bush.

Exactly, having a poll like this qualifies Zogby personally as an ass-hat, Bush hater, non-pareil.  (I thought combine an Arab with a french phrase was suitable.)
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Almost all data analysis groups similar groups.  On the flip side he might have had only a tiny percent say he was doing excellent, while most of the positives said good.  There's the top half and the bottom half, although it should be more like excellent-good-bad-poor or something like that
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Zogby polls cannot be trusted in reference to the President. I refer you to what Zogby was doing before the last election. And ALL of his polls/predicitons last year were WRONG because of his bias.

Zogby is ethically Arab… Very anti-Iraq War… Very anti-Bush... and has an agenda.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Almost all data analysis groups similar groups.  On the flip side he might have had only a tiny percent say he was doing excellent, while most of the positives said good.  There's the top half and the bottom half, although it should be more like excellent-good-bad-poor or something like that

But you don't know.  And neither do I.  I suspect that is intentional.  If it made Bush look worse, I truly believe it would be separated out.

Look at all the political bickering over race right now.  Who in the world can believe that anyone that would rise to the level of President in this country would intentionally withhold aid to US citizens?  That is so asinine, it makes me sick.  To hear so many local gov't leaders, as well as black "leaders" charge this is just atrocious.

The truth is starting to trickle out.  The Red Cross had caravans of food and water ready to enter New Orleans, to go directly to the SuperDome, but was ordered not to by the Louisiana state homeland security dept.  Bush and the Hurricane tracking center had to make personal phone calls to the Democrat Governor of LA begging her to order an evacuation, but she held off as long as possible. Why? Does she hate black people?  I doubt it.  Dis she get caught unprepared?  It sure seems like it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#13]
doubletap
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While you'd expect the Dems to be negative, it's telling that the Reps are down on him as well...

Yeah, the only thing it is telling is that lowlifes will take every opportunity, legit or not, to slam Bush.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You just never stop, do you.  Polls only mean something to those grasping for straws.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Asking common ordinary people off the street questions of vital importance is a worthless endeavor since most of these people don't know $hit to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The truth impaired leftist media has been hammering GWB hard ever since he won in 2000.  I guess the hard work is paying off.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top