Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:59:16 AM EDT
Well, she made it folks.  Now an official LEO after 1600 today.  I am sad my best friend is moving on, but oh, so very proud of her.  It is not what I wanted for her, but it is what she wanted.  Through BS defensive tactics, my dogs eating her boots, school, and frustration with a fear of failure, she has come to fruition.

What pees me off is that out of everyone she invited, all of her family had something better to do.  Every single one of them had another place to be.  She was in tears last night, half of relief, and half of remorse that, yet once again, our willingness to help others means nothing to them.  

Well, as much as I should be working...  By God, I will be there.  Her (get this) brother's ex-girlfriend, my mom, and myself are the only ones who seem to have the time to celebrate this day with her.  Normally I am a shallow person when it comes to such things, but the look of disappointment in her eyes was too much.  I will be there.  

So, hating change as I do, I will say goodbye to an old part of my life and welcome, as much as possible, a new aspect.  If you can make it, I will be the guy in the black T-shirt in the front row, with plenty of room for you.  If not, I ask for your prayers and well-wishes - this is my best friend, and I love her.  

I will post pictures tonight for any who are interested.

I'd like to ask a favor, please?

No matter if you are TBO, txleapd, partspin, OITW, Pontificator, etc...  Will you send her an email of congratulations?  Please?  She has so little support, and yet such a heart, and what dedication!  Even if you don't agree with her chosen career, she made her goals come true.  Surely that is worth a few characters of text?

Just a little email saying congratulations, thank you, been following your progress, wanted to let you know I care, etc, anything.  Her family gave up on her this time (a redundancy in her life) so I am asking for my friends here in ARFCOM to type a short note.  It would be the best present ever for her.

Her email is [email protected]

Here is a chance for us all to support someone trying to do good in this world.  Whether we like cops or not, I would be in debt to you if you could just type her a small mail - tell me here, of course, as we might foster encouragement of others to do the same.  But the more she recieves...  Well, I can't think of a better present.  Will you join me in this, please?

Richard
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
E-mail sent.  What city?

Scott
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll send one.

ETA:  Sent.  I should have probably mentioned your name, so she doesn't think I'm some sort of creepy stalker LOL.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Consider it done. Need more like her!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
E-mail sent.  What city?

Scott

Phoenix, AZ, sir.  

Thank you all, so very much!  This means the world to me, but oh so much more to her!

God Bless you all!  You'll bring a smile to her face, I assure you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Please tell her congratulations from me. It is very refreshing to see someone follow their dreams and overcome obstacles in reach their goals. She should be proud of her accomplishments. We are. She will be rewarded richly.

ETA: email sent as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top