Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 6:40:25 AM EDT
Just wondering what precident there is for defacto disolution of a public office.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Nonsense - there's a proud tradition of the dead voting in New Orleans.  All the people who are now dead because of his ineptitude will no doubt vote for him in the next election, and he'll win in a landslide!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just wondering what precident there is for defacto disolution of a public office.

Under that situation, the governmment usually defaults to this gentleman

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Under that situation, the governmment usually defaults to this gentleman

tinypic.com/bi5ob6.jpg

That guy is a true hero!

Despite having looted a huge tub of stolen beer, he still had the presence of mind to shove one more in his back pocket!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to see the mayor stay behind in some twisted Twilight Zone "Last Man On Earth" kind of thing.  Let him oversee the city as it rots and decays beneath his feet.  Wait until he goes insane and offs himself and then go in and rebuild.

LL
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If i appoint myself king of a non existant land... am i really a king?

With that in mind, i'd love to se him be the only one left behind and be stuck cleaning it up. After all, he booted everyone out. But he cant' abandon that mess.... he's responsible for it; He's mayor.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No idea about the law in LA. Although I like the idea in concept - aint going to happen. Want to know more than you ever wanted about the difficulties of getting a incorporated municipal entity dissolved, google New Rome, Ohio.  Still like the idea.

Luck
Alac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top