Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 6:03:54 AM EDT
The truckers have gone on strike in New  Brunswick Canada, The ripples  are being felt in Northern Maine, The gas stations in Border towns are packe with Canadians, And the
grocery stores are selling stuff as fast as they can, I seems that the shelves are getting empty along the border in New Brunswick, Rumor is that there are 1k of trucks parked on the trans canadian hyway.   If this continues for one more day McCains foods the multi-national food proceser will shut down, This could be very big.

Are the trucker talking about a strike in your area???
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Right now? they wouldn't dare!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd support 'em, somebody needs to do something about the raping we're all getting handed by oil companies.

Especially given what their next quarter profits are gonna look like.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure most OTR companies are paying a fuel surchage to trucks that are leased to them.

Most freight hauling companies get the surcharge themselves, so the fuel price isn't kicking their ass like it is the smaller companies who dont have a whole lot of leverage.

I haven't heard an OTR driver bitch about fuel prices lately.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, its offical there is no bread or milk in most of the canaidaian border commuties and the buying is crazy on this side of the border my wife is just back from the the local market and the manager said that , the truck that come on monday didn't come because of the holiday, If he doesn't get a delivery they will be out of stock, It is crazy in the store, the local gas station said he be out of gas by tonight, This shit is getting serious, The panic buying has started, and it dosen't help that Canadians/New brunswickers are for the most part sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Truck strikes in Canada are far more likely than in the USA.  The Canadian truckers are far more organized in terms of "organized labor".  They've struck in the past.  They'll even strike over specific American trucking companies undercutting them.  When JB HUnt first strated operating up there, they undercut everybody like they did here.  A bunch of Canadian truckers didn't like it because they couldn't compete and went on stirke.  It's a difference in culture.  I doubt you'll see any such thing in the US.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Truck strikes in Canada are far more likely than in the USA.  The Canadian truckers are far more organized in terms of "organized labor".  They've struck in the past.  They'll even strike over specific American trucking companies undercutting them.  When JB HUnt first strated operating up there, they undercut everybody like they did here.  A bunch of Canadian truckers didn't like it because they couldn't compete and went on stirke.  It's a difference in culture.  I doubt you'll see any such thing in the US.

Yup. They're not as organized as they used to be.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#8]
US to Canada- "Will trade gas for prescription drugs."
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Tell those Canucks that if they strike, we'll take away their hockey ... AGAIN!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top