Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 9:17:53 PM EDT
You hold a door open for a woman and they walk right by you without a "Thank You?" Thats when you yell out "YOU'RE WELCOME!!!" and make them feel like shit... looks like it is happening more and more... Where the fuck did manners go??
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not around me it doesn't.  I appreciate a gentleman opening the door for me.  I don't expect it but I know better to say thank you.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm usually too busy staring at the back 40 to notice of they said anything or not.

J/K  yeah I hate that too
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear that.....happens to me all the time.

especially when you hold the door open for a party of 10 entering a resturant.

What did happen to manners?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The most polite response I've had in recent weeks was when I was in Los Angeles, on vacation. I was entering a Sears store, and I noticed some people coming in behind me, so I held the door open for them. It was a group of 3 gangbangers, and they each said "thank you" as they passed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, at least you're not in the Bay Area where all the feminazis yell at you for "implying that [they] need help because [they] are a woman!"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm just scrappy looking enough, I think it surprises them when I hold the door open...
I can't recall a time when someone didn't thank me.

Then again, I'm just trying to be polite, I wouldn't really expect anything in return...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The most polite response I've had in recent weeks was when I was in Los Angeles, on vacation. I was entering a Sears store, and I noticed some people coming in behind me, so I held the door open for them. It was a group of 3 gangbangers, and they each said "thank you" as they passed.

You were in LA... and you didnt look me up???  ....

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not around me it doesn't.  I appreciate a gentleman opening the door for me.  I don't expect it but I know better to say thank you.  Patty

Yah but you are a class act and DONT live in Materialistic Phony Plastic People Southern California.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hell, at least you're not in the Bay Area where all the feminazis yell at you for "implying that [they] need help because [they] are a woman!"

god I hate that.  I had a girl do that to me at school, so I when ever I saw her walking towards a building, I went out of my way to enter that building just before she did and slam the door in her face.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

god I hate that.  I had a girl do that to me at school, so I when ever I saw her walking towards a building, I went out of my way to enter that building just before she did and slam the door in her face.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+10000 chances are she's too dump to realize it though.  If she can't figure out a good deal on her then what's her chance of understanding this?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, had I known you live in LA, I would have...you should have seen all the babes that were at the tar pits!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, had I known you live in LA, I would have...you should have seen all the babes that were at the tar pits!

The LaBrea Tar Pits?? Please tell me the only reason you went there was because your car got a flat on the way to the King Tut Exhibit!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+10000 chances are she's too dump to realize it though.  If she can't figure out a good deal on her then what's her chance of understanding this?  Patty

oh no, she knows.  I made it *very* clear that I was intentionally closing the door on her.  She's called me an asshole more than a few times now
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The LaBrea Tar Pits?? Please tell me the only reason you went there was because your car got a flat on the way to the King Tut Exhibit!!!

Hey, it was "freebie Tuesday", so I figured wtf...the art museum is the lamest I have ever seen, though. You could fit all the ancient art into a semi-large garage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top