Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:04:35 PM EDT
I eat Vietnamese food quite often. taste great to me.I frequent many restaurants and many times it surprises me how many non asians there are seated.Sometimes its more than 60%. Chinise food was the rage in the beggining then japanese/thai/indian/korean. Chinese food is defenitely on the way out.

Do you guys like vietnamese food?Not just PHO but the real stuff.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Vietnamese is fantastic. I like Korean more so.

Nothing beats Indian.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It's good stuff. I like most asian food.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Japanese and Indian are probably peaking; wouldn't be suprised to see Vietnamnese get the next boom.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Only thing good in Vietnamese food is Pho. Everythingelse is generic like most other asian foods.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]

so, so

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
not for me
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Only thing good in Vietnamese food is Pho. Everythingelse is generic like most other asian foods.

Gui Con is the bomb man.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is Veitnamese food the current in food?

Engrish, plueze.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't particularly care for any of the Asian foods myself. Give me Italian.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Only if you wanna get fat...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Vietnamese is great.  Pho, bun, com...all great.  And that fish sauce is really good like a ripe woman .

But the best is Korean.  I can eat enough kimchi to run a small gas turbine.  Don't like sojou though...I just drink tea.  

And I am the only round-eye in the place so the fad must not be here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Toi Thich Thuc An VietNam.
Thuc an viet nam co mui vi giong nhu cat con cho chet.

myit
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
nuthin better than fresh fried puppy.

used to work with a vietnamese guy and i have always wanted a nice dog dinner..

anyway the standing joke between me and him was 'when you gonna cook me a nice dog dinner?'.

his reponse was always 'dog good! dog good!'.

got quite a reaction of some of the more ....ah... touch-feely types.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Real Korean food rocks!!!!

Those little side dish's are to die for.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My friend's roommate is South Korean. She used to make this thing for us, where you put sliced beef and other goodness on a piece of lettuce and wrap it up and eat it. Oh my god, it was to die for.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My friend's roommate is South Korean. She used to make this thing for us, where you put sliced beef and other goodness on a piece of lettuce and wrap it up and eat it. Oh my god, it was to die for.

Yeah!!! I had that a few times!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that wasn't beef
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I eat Vietnamese food quite often. taste great to me.I frequent many restaurants and many times it surprises me how many non asians there are seated.Sometimes its more than 60%. Chinise food was the rage in the beggining then japanese/thai/indian/korean. Chinese food is defenitely on the way out.

Do you guys like vietnamese food?Not just PHO but the real stuff.

When pho hit urban areas in the 90s it was only a matter of time before someone asks what else they had on the menu and then liked it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Pho is like one of the only original dish's I have seen. Most of the others derived from other nationalities and goes by different names when done by the others. (French Bread = Bun Mi ...)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It's good stuff. I like most asian food.

Agreed. I think Vietnamese food is the best of all of the varieties.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#21]
ive been eating vietnamese food for the last 7 years.. but i noticed a huge pho joint boom over the last 4 years.

hehe.. it helped when i had a viet gf for 5 years.. mmm home made viet food!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Toi Thich Thuc An VietNam.
Thuc an viet nam co mui vi giong nhu cat con cho chet.

myit

ROFL
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#23]
he he he

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I really like the clear soups.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a lettuce wrap to me.  My wife orders something like that at Chilli's.

Is it me or the GD forum starting to sound like the mommy forums?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:17:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Vietnamese food is very good, especially when cooked at home by an expert....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:39:26 AM EDT
[#27]
They make a good soup.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yepppppp
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#29]
The reason non-asians eat at Asian restaurants is because the Asians know what goes on in those restaurants and wouldn't touch the crap with a 10' pole unless of course they DON'T know what goes on. The non-Asians think the food is the rox0rs but they don't know it until they've tried real home-cooked food. i.e. Noodles aren't supposed to be crunchy. The chef WILL spit into your food if you piss him/her off. The chef will go as far as deep-frying the spit and mixing it nice with your food. Stray cat and dog meat can also be used in a pinch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:03:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yepppppp

A BIG +1 there!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yepppppp

Same here. I think it's the soy sauce that makes me gag the quickest.  I'll take Italian, Mexican, or American any day. Just a matter of personal taste.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:08:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes, I particularly enjoy rats, cats, and dogs.  And rice is delicious and filling too.  Don't forget the nuoc mam.

Give me a nice spinach & romaine lettuce salad made with red beets, tomatoes, peppers, cukes, cheese and either sunflower seeds or chick-peas along with a chicken breast or burger and i'm happy.  It doesn't have to be foreign to be cultured.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:12:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I like it.  It is good to go.

Max
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:28:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Vietnamese has been the in food for 25 years. they have the best hot sauce
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:21:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I sometimes have a real hankering for that pho....especially during the cold weather....nothing like a hot soup!!!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I love Pho, but just for general knowledge it is pronounced like the FU in fuck.  fuh.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Try Bun.

In particular Bun Thit Nuong.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Vietnamese food for the most part is godly. Some stuff though....naaasty. Well not even the food....but their shrimp sauce..its a purple paste that smells like rotted catfood with a dash of pain. Horrible!

One of the things I can't get enough of is this dried pork, its really salty and shredded. Just mix it with rice and my god its delicious!

My gf is vietnamese, lived there for the first part of her life.
I go to eat her mothers cooking at least twice a week
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Thai food is also popular

I think Chinese food is still popular too, because of all the Chinese buffets popping up everywhere
[but thats not really authentic Chinese food]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Careful guys..

Vietnamese food is strongly influenced by the french.

And you don't like the french right?

So ergo... its boycott time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll have either Vietnamese or Thai for dinner tonight.  We have a big Vietanamese shopping center up the road, with a slew of outstanding resteraunts to choose from.  

I had Korean for lunch yesterday...3 blocks from here is a place with the hibachis built into the tables so you can do your own bbq...had some Kalbi and Daeji Gui.  Unfortunately, the kim chee in this place has gone way down hill...now it's old and sour...a bummber for sure.  

I love all Asian cuisine.  I don't know what I'm gonna do when I move out of this area...the though of not being able to get Thai/Vietnamese/Indian/Chinese delivered to the house with one phone call is gonna be a serious adjustment for me.  

As for my favorite, it's a tossup between Vietnamese or Thai, w/o a doubt.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#42]
A Vietnamese place just opened up near here.  First one in this area, as far as I know.  Guess I'll have to go try them out.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#43]
PHO!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Vietnamese is great but does it beat Thai?  Does anything?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Lets see, the past month, the family and I had:

1. Chinese/Cantonese (dim sum Los Angeles chinatown)
2. Thai (Garden Grove, restaurant use to be in Anaheim)
3. Vietnamese X3 (take home spring rolls, pho, bun, and the sandwiches, small places in Westminster)
4. Chinese/Shanghainese (Rowland Heights)
5. Japanese/Korean X3 (actually sushi, but Korean owned, in La Habra)
6. Chili's ( Huntington Beach)
7. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (Irvine)
8. Flamebroiler (Fullerton) A hybrid place that is apparently a franchise. The local place had an East Indian? taking my order, Mexicans in the grilling area. The food is like Yoshinoya but also includes Korean short ribs.
9. Hole in the wall places for carnitas, carne asada and tamales throughout anaheim
10. Bucco di Peppo (Garden Grove)
11. Maggianos (Costa Mesa)
12. Macaroni Grill (Tustin, my son's favorite)
13. Dollar days at McDonalds (mcnuggets) weekly and Rubios (fish tacos)

Yup, typical American food!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Lets see, the past month, the family and I had:

1. Chinese/Cantonese (dim sum Los Angeles chinatown)
2. Thai (Garden Grove, restaurant use to be in Anaheim)
3. Vietnamese X3 (take home spring rolls, pho, bun, and the sandwiches, small places in Westminster)
4. Chinese/Shanghainese (Rowland Heights)
5. Japanese/Korean X3 (actually sushi, but Korean owned, in La Habra)
6. Chili's ( Huntington Beach)
7. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (Irvine)
8. Flamebroiler (Fullerton) A hybrid place that is apparently a franchise. The local place had an East Indian? taking my order, Mexicans in the grilling area. The food is like Yoshinoya but also includes Korean short ribs.
9. Hole in the wall places for carnitas, carne asada and tamales throughout anaheim
10. Bucco di Peppo (Garden Grove)
11. Maggianos (Costa Mesa)
12. Macaroni Grill (Tustin, my son's favorite)
13. Dollar days at McDonalds (mcnuggets) weekly and Rubios (fish tacos)

Yup, typical American food!!!

I love where we live!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#47]
My wife is vietnamese so we eat it about half the time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Ever have Vietnamese pie? I have, and it was very good, it was about 5 feet tall and about 90 pounds.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that wasn't beef

She wasn't South Korean either.   Or female...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Sounds like a lettuce wrap to me.  My wife orders something like that at Chilli's.

Is it me or the GD forum starting to sound like the mommy forums?

Except, you know, this was made by a South Korean and had a Korean name.... and wasn't even remotely close to something at Chili's. The ingredients were certainly uniquely Korean.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top