Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 5:45:24 PM EDT
So I'm at my parents to pick up my son after school & were heading for the car. He likes to compete with me on everything even if I don't know were competing. He went for the front door & I went out the garage as it's closer to the car, & I start a quick shuffel/jog for the car to beat him to having my seat belt on 1st. I got about 3 paces from my Jimmy & my Kimber CDP II flies out of my Galco S.O.B. hits the cement driveway Clackity bounces & clackity clack!

I have a slight scratch on the grip diamond, but surprizingly enough not another mark to be found!,...........

I would say this is probably about the 5th time I have had it "fall out" of 3 different style holsters at unexpected times, & still not a mark of any consequence to hurt my feelings.

2 times on carpet, from a Galco Miame shoulder rig. Once from my belly band on a soccer feild in a city park while playing Frisbee with my son. A few others I don't excatly remember at the moment.

I love my 1911's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, losing your carry weapon is bad juju.

Also, rethink the SOB holster.  If you ever get in a wreck or altercation and land on it, it would be very bad.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
A long time ago (like 10 years plus) me and my family was mattress shopping at Sears.  My dad laid down in a bed to see what it was like, and when he got up his Beretta 92F came out of the shoulder-holster and landed on the floor.  The salesman just gave him a funny look then my dad reholstered the weapon.  Needless to say, my dad never used that holster again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dude, losing your carry weapon is bad juju.

Also, rethink the SOB holster.  If you ever get in a wreck or altercation and land on it, it would be very bad.

It fits perfect. Sometimes when I'm seated I have to reach back & make sure the gun is there as I can't feel it with my back anywhere. It's like I don't have it on, & today that was true for a short time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I suggest you find a new holster... one with a retention strap perhaps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]

I don't give a crap if it "fits perfectly" a holster which CANNOT RETAIN YOUR WEAPON is worthless.

Hell, other than my Galco FLETCH for my P99 and Summer Comfort for my SA Ultra-Compact I use cheap Passport nylon IWB and pancake styles for the rest of my collection.  I've NEVER had even those basic ones fail to retain my weapon.

You need to *SERIOUSLY* consider some other options.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#8]
My Uncle Miles Kydex for my HK USPC9 has never, ever failed me,  Super retention and a great release.  I'm still searching for a comperable IWB for the USP.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
From the title, I thought this was going to be about the M-57 firing device.

Point front toward enemy.

Crossed my mind too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#11]
hell we might even take up a VMII donation and save your spine for you.
or not.
if you carry isn't  part of that responsibilty the proper  retention of your weapon?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#12]
That could be a load of unexpected fun if you were to drop it in a bank or airport.  Dropping it once is a mistake, five times is a bad habit and a lawsuit, beating or gunshot waiting to happen.
matthew  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#13]
If your not going to get a new holster, buy a Glock they are made and tested for that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#14]
The only part that bothers me about the story is the "three steps from my Jimmy." My Jimmy is always with me!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That could be a load of unexpected fun if you were to drop it in a bank or airport.  Dropping it once is a mistake, five times is a bad habit and a lawsuit, beating or gunshot waiting to happen.
matthew  

Different holsters, belly band, shoulder holster, & now my s.o.b. Usually at home, only once in public at a park on a soccer feild. Pluss it's a 1911, it won't go off from a dropping.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If your not going to get a new holster, buy a Glock they are made and tested for that kind of stuff.

If I had a glock I probably wouldn't have bothered with picking it up.

I was checking out the holster the other day, & found the tension screw had loosened up on me, so I tightened it down & & it's all good now. Maybe some lock tight if I find it it loosening up again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Please do yourself a favor and get a Versa-Max II from www.lightningarms.com.

All of us who rave about this holster are not just talking out our asses.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Pluss it's a 1911, it won't go off from a dropping.

I could not disagree more with the sentiment which underlies this comment.  

I do not trust a holster without a thumb strap or other positive retention device.  I have them but use them only for competition purposes.  That a holster does not retain the weapon at all times is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE to me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top