Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:30:06 PM EDT
The guy sitting next to me starts telling me that he was a mercenary and went into Vietnam in 75', carrying out top-secret operations under the direction of the US govt., and helped rescue over 1000 American POWs. He tells me of the hundreds of guys he had to kill, and the dozens of villages he annihilated to accomplish these missions. He then fails his shooting portion of the CHL test, scoring a 170 (5 points under passing). He was the only one in the class to fail. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! My 65 year old Mom that has never fired a gun in her life passed the CHL class.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Can we assume this mercenary was in the 350+lb range that seems to be a requirement
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can we assume this mercenary was in the 350+lb range that seems to be a requirement

Actually this guy was 5' 4" and about 120 lbs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny my  dad, uncle, and father-in-law where all it Vietnam and they don't like to talk about what they did.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
did you ask if he has ever been on the space shuttle?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]
No wonder we lost Vietnam.
(Just kidding.)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
in '75?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually this guy was 5' 4" and about 120 lbs.

even worse, small and angry
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have my CHL yet.

What kind of shooting does it take to score a 175 (passing)?  I'm curious just how bad this guy was.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
What is his screen name on ARFCOM ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Did he look like this guy?

TC

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
in '75?

He said 1975.

BTW, The 52 year old female school teacher sitting on the other side of me scored a 215. She was shooting a Makarov w/ Wolfe ammo and doing pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#13]

The helicopters took the last Americans out of the US Embassy Saigon April 13, 1975.
The release of POW's was Operation Homecoming, in 1973.

Another asshat wanna be with a mediocre high school history grade.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The guy sitting next to me starts telling me that he was a mercenary and went into Vietnam in 75', carrying out top-secret operations under the direction of the US govt., and helped rescue over 1000 American POWs. He tells me of the hundreds of guys he had to kill, and the dozens of villages he annihilated to accomplish these missions. He then fails his shooting portion of the CHL test, scoring a 175 (5 points under passing). He was the only one in the class to fail. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! My 65 year old Mom that has never fired a gun in her life passed the CHL class.

How the hell do you fail the shooting portion of the test?  I don't know what's required in Texas, but here in North Carolina all you have to get is 24 out of 40 in the black of a B27 target.  I got 40 out of 40.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]
thats awesome you got to sit so close to the hero. Did you egg it on or did he just spurt out all his greatness without being asked? What did you say when he washed out of the qual? I think that I would have had to ask what happened, just for the quote.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, this shit sounds familiar.

What is it with poseurs?

Anyone interested in his backround?

HS1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't have my CHL yet.

What kind of shooting does it take to score a 175 (passing)?  I'm curious just how bad this guy was.

I was the only one in the class that scored a perfect score (250). To be honest, I could pass the shooting test if I was blind folded. Like I said, my 65 year old Mom that has NEVER fired a gun in her life passed it.

Here's my target from today. First round of each string was double-action.

Center is 5 point. Next ring is 4 points. Next Ring is 3 points. You fire 50 rounds and a 175 is required to pass.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I think you shoot 20 rounds at 3 yards, 20 rounds at 7 yards and 10 rounds at 15 yards. Best score would be a 250. Think of an eight inch bowling pin with a tall wide neck. That is the "kill" zone on the qual target. Do your part in close and you can miss all 10 rounds at 15 yards and still pass. I have heard there have been several legally blind folks who have passed the test.

It ain't that tuff.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Had a similar type of charachter in boot camp.  He claimed to be ex-Green Beret.  Said that he just wanted to "try out the Marine Corps".

No joke, on the very first string of rifle fire, on the first day of our range training, he went berzerk.  He just started wailing and crying and he curled up into the fetal position.

Total nutcase.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I don't have my CHL yet.

Let's put it this way, if you can't pass the shooting qualification in Texas, you SHOULDN'T be carrying a weapon!

I think with a little practice, you could literally do it with your eyes closed (although I don't recommend you try that with the instructor there).
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I think I already know...  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Funny my  dad, uncle, and father-in-law where all it Vietnam and they don't like to talk about what they did.

Hmmm, same thing with my Father. If anyone asks he'll tell em when he was in country, but that's about it.

Before my parents got divorced my Mother was constantly waking my Father up to stop the nightmares. It got so bad at one point that she had to use a broomhandle to wake him-because he'd frequently wake up swinging
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#24]
The merc in my class was just back from 10 months in Iraq. His stories had more to do with squeezing grooves into the handguards of his M4 whille in convoy and getting out before the IEDs got him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I think you shoot 20 rounds at 3 yards, 20 rounds at 7 yards and 10 rounds at 15 yards. Best score would be a 250. Think of an eight inch bowling pin with a tall wide neck. That is the "kill" zone on the qual target. Do your part in close and you can miss all 10 rounds at 15 yards and still pass. I have heard there have been several legally blind folks who have passed the test.

It ain't that tuff.

THREE yards?

ha!

Ok, I get the idea now.  Thanks for the clear up on that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

And wearing Camo or Fake Marpat fatigues
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Damn, this shit sounds familiar.

What is it with poseurs?

Anyone interested in his backround?

HS1

Did you get his name?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It ain't that tuff.

I got a 245, but then again, I was never a mercenary in "Nam"  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It ain't that tuff.

What's the time limit?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#30]
No real time limit. I believe there may be a description of the shooting sequence in the CHL book. Range master will have you load five rounds in the mag and on his command fire one round, back to ready position, fire one round etc.  Some double taps and if I remember right one five round string. Some will make you decock before each shot some won't. Just depends on the rangemaster.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I bet the fellow was about 2 years old in 1975.  That'd make him a battlefield child-prodigy, and awesome instrument of war.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I already know...  

Is it the uber ninja, sniper, super survivalist, farming since he was 2, tactical assault felon that started his own website b/c he got kicked off of most other firearms related boards?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The guy sitting next to me starts telling me that he was a mercenary and went into Vietnam in 75', carrying out top-secret operations under the direction of the US govt., and helped rescue over 1000 American POWs. He tells me of the hundreds of guys he had to kill, and the dozens of villages he annihilated to accomplish these missions.

Are you sure that wasn't the story you told him? You made him nervous and he failed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It ain't that tuff.

I'm coming up for renewal, think I'll use the 3 yd shots to see how good of a face I can make on the target.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#37]
You guys are soooooooo mean !

My gun was not calibrated !  

I was not feeling good that day !

My agent orange was acting up !

The ammo was bad !

I immediatley took it to the uber tactical gun-smith and demanded he fix it.

And don't ask me any questions about my ultra secret military service / organization while I was in 'Nam, it is still classified but I can tell you I was a Scout/LRP/sniper/Pilot/Door Gunner/Seal/Green Beret type and carried everything, killed everyone, and got the medals to prove it !  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#39]
WTF, you gotta take a test?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Let's put it this way, if you can't pass the shooting qualification in Texas, you SHOULDN'T be carrying a weapon!

I think with a little practice, you could literally do it with your eyes closed (although I don't recommend you try that with the instructor there).

Well what's even scarier, here in good ol Orygun you can get your CHL by passing a non-shooting class. At least that was still an option several years ago when I took mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#41]
So did you get the funnel cake recipe, or not?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#43]
We had about 15 people in our class that had never fired a gun........no one failed the test
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
We had about 15 people in our class that had never fired a gun........no one failed the test

Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  In my class everyone also passed, including the fucktard who's pistol jammed and he muzzle swept the entire firing line like 7 times with his pistol while turning back and forth say "hold on, hold on, just a minute, my shit is jammed!"

Fucker should have been throw out of the class in my opinion...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Its not surprising that he failed.  After all, aiming the door gun on the space shuttle is entirely different from operating a normal pistol.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Its not surprising that he failed.  After all, aiming the door gun on the space shuttle is entirely different from operating a normal pistol.  

Now THAT is funny!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Ya know its strange that you should say that cause my usual reply to nutjobs like that (or a joke I tell my friends) was that I was in the Nam in 75 doin POW rescue with an M16 from Mattel that shot plastic cyanide filled bullets that were lighter and flew faster and ripped enemies to shreds on impact. After the Nam I was transferred to Area 51 where I fought a secret war against aliens with a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. And btw folks im the only one in this room professional enough to carry a plasma 40.................
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if that's a good thing or not.  In my class everyone also passed, including the fucktard who's pistol jammed and he muzzle swept the entire firing line like 7 times with his pistol while turning back and forth say "hold on, hold on, just a minute, my shit is jammed!"

Fucker should have been throw out of the class in my opinion...

EPOCH

I cannot decide what to do if one of them is shooting at me
stand still, because the safest place would be where they are aiming
or take evasive action and risk jumping in front of one of their misses
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:50:52 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
No real time limit. I believe there may be a description of the shooting sequence in the CHL book. Range master will have you load five rounds in the mag and on his command fire one round, back to ready position, fire one round etc.  Some double taps and if I remember right one five round string. Some will make you decock before each shot some won't. Just depends on the rangemaster.

There is a time limit on all rounds. You load 5 or 6 rounds for each station (3, 7 and 15 yards) and you have about 2 seconds per round. All 5 or 6 round string must fire the first round from a safe-gun position (DA for 1st shot for a DA auto, and cocked and locked for a 1911)
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:09:03 AM EDT
[#50]
A guy I know who has a MI CCW said he shoots at the range and occaisonally even hits the target.

So if I can manage to put all my shots on paper at 25 yd standing, I should pass the test w/o any problems?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top