Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:09:22 PM EDT
www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/woodman/

Heard any good things? Bad things? History on it? any info?

-FOX-
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have one that I took camping a lot.I had the leather washer handle...............It was great for light brush and clearing branches or ground cover with the hook.......It will not replace a good ax, or buck saw for doing anything over 4 inches or so..........all in all a very handle tool.....I'll get another someday!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one (a very very old one) the story I got with it was that it was some sort of pilot survival tool.  Regardless it is very handy and just looks cool IMO.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You will cut your head off kid....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've lasted so far, before my parents let me get guns I used to collect knives. I collected hundreds over the years.

Here are a few that I just grabbed from all over.

The Ka-Bar and bayo are real the rest are made by Uknighted
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've lasted so far, before my parents let me get guns I used to collect knives. I collected hundreds over the years.

img365.imageshack.us/img365/1346/img05194ug.jpg

So YOU are the reason for all the damn 'fantasy' knives at the gunshows.

Glad I finally found the guy feeding that monster
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#6]
A couple of us have them on the Survival Forum. I like mine a lot, but it is a compromise tool. It's not and axe, and not a machete. Does passably well as both, and the brush hook is a real bonus for clearing a campsite. The blade is thick and does a lot for putting a little "ass" into the swing when chopping a tree down.

The only real negative I see is that the handle is a bit large for small hands like mine and it's slippery. I'm going to have to trim it and coat it with something. It's hard to hold when you are sweating.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is that the knife thing from Krull?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought I saw an article in the American Handgunner about that thing recently.....wish I had it on hand.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#9]
That'll put your eye out!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

is that the knife thing from Krull?

Which one?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top