Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 4:54:38 PM EDT
So we were shooting the other day.  Sometimes I can really get it going, sometimes not.  He wanted to know how to do it and I couldn't explain at all to him.  He had no luck.

So fellow arfcommers, this is your chance to put together a "bumpfirers" manual.  Ingredients include bushmaster M4 w/ collapsible stock and Beta mag

Share your wisdom...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
First you need a lake...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First you need a lake...

funny you say that, where we shoot it borders an old riverbed that holds water year round
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother can't figure it out either.  I just tell them how it works, show them a couple times (or more), and if they can't get it, oh well.

I burned four or five mags before I got it.  It works most of the time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
There are plenty of video clips on Al Gore's Internet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell.  I wish somebody could learn me how to do it.

I know how to do it.  I just can seem to do it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Umm... WHY!?

If you want to scatter lead in a barely-aimed burst of idiocy - use a shotty. It'll spare you the idiocy part.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You hold your trigger hand and arm rigid, with your finger on the trigger.  You use your left hand to move the rifle forward, depressing the trigger.  The recoil will force the rifle back, but you keep using your left hand to push the rifle forward.  Hard to control, not very battle-effective, but interesting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump Fire

At the bottom of page
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bump Fire

At the bottom of page

What he said Wait till you try it with a M1 Garand! Good thing those things run dry after eight rounds!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't get my AR to do it anymore after I swapped the muzzlebrake for a phantom.
AK's I can do fine. Got a Saiga 12 gauge to do it a few times, thats something to hold onto!

Took me 5 or 6 mags to get the hang of it. Now with the right gun (wire stock SAR1) I can rip full mags and keep them on target at 25ish yards. So its good fun.

There was a thread a while back I remember seeing about someone doing it, and everyone said it was a full auto gun. Was going to post a video but didn't have webspace to host it then. So heres the video anyway!. Stock RRA 16 inch in winter 2003. I have the hammer fall with the bolt twice so I have to clear it. But it rips like 10 rounds, clear, 2 or so, clear, then the rest of the mag. Wish I had a video of a full uninterrupted dump.

Bumpfiring
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:50:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Umm... WHY!?

If you want to scatter lead in a barely-aimed burst of idiocy - use a shotty. It'll spare you the idiocy part.

You must be great fun at parties, man.

TRG

W00t!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There was a thread a while back I remember seeing about someone doing it, and everyone said it was a full auto gun.

Was this the one?

www.pixparty.com/buck/photos/2XMJXUJ4K2.wmv

I met this guy at a shoot once.  He was freaking amazing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep that would be the one.
I can do it pretty close to that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Are you using SCUBA gear, a snorkel tube or just holding your breath?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top