Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That's wild, mon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
No thanks, I like where my TV is.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:No thanks, I like where my TV is.

I just got an email from an old high school friend - her family is adopting a family with 6 kids.  Mind you I love kids but geese louise her house is tiny.  Where she going to put everyone??

Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Nightmare in the making. No way
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]

"We suggest that you screen the family carefully. While 99% of these people will be very appreciative, there is always that 1% who can create problems."

Ummm... no thanks.

Here's another thing to consider

How easy would it be to "disadopt" them when they overstay their welcome (or start selling shit from your house)?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

"We suggest that you screen the family carefully. While 99% of these people will be very appreciative, there is always that 1% who can create problems."

Ummm... no thanks.

How easy would it be to "disadopt" them when they overstay their welcome (or start selling shit from your house)?

Boy no kidding!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]
my mom won't let me.  Says i'm not responsible enough to feed them, and take care of them and clean up after them......
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
 Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't stand relatives staying at my house.  Why would I open my abode to a family that has nothing left to lose?  Give it some time and you will hear horror stories from people who open their hearts and homes to some of these folks:  pawned household items, pregnant dogs, and having their homes converted to a Jesse Jackson bed and breakfast.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ummm... no thanks.

Just what I was thinking...

If I wasn't married and a few single young females needed a place to crash then MAYBE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top