Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 3:46:02 PM EDT
We finally had our Beagle Sarah bred.  She has had her first litter and these are some great pups with lots of potential.  She is from North Georgia hunting stock.  Her and her litter mates are all natural hunters.  She is pure Beagle, but as is often the case, hunters don't care if their Beagles are registered.  They only care if they hunt or not.

We wanted some purpose bred Beagles.  I wanted to cross natural hunters with Champion European stock....if I could find a Sire.  I am in the Air Force, and it just so happens that a friend of ours moved to Georgia from Italy.  They bought a Beagle while in Europe.  What I found while searching his lineage is amazing.  Here is the Sire's father...

home.hetnet.nl/~leush/BUTTERMERE%20CLANSMAN%20OF%20DIALYNNE.htm

"Made up by the world famous Dialynne Kennel. Clansman sired Ch. Dialynne Augustus and was used at stud by many top winning Kennels before being exported to Belgium to gain his International title."

Google search of Sire

And the Sire's mother....

Google search for Dam

www.hund.ch/zuechter/zpages/z4667.htm

The European Beagles have larger heads than American Beagles.  There are American Beagles with larger heads...but it seems to have been mostly bred out of them.  Also the European males have larger, stronger chests.

Without further adieu...here are the pups....

Mama's favorite....nick named "My Boy"  

"Tommy" the escape artist.

Tommy and Happy

"Happy"  This dude is cool as a cucumber!  He's a tough fighter(puppy gladiator fights)...but is as  calm as can be when handled.

Toward the end of the photo shoot...we lost track of Happy.  This is how we found him...

And lastly is our female "Little Bit"...

Little Bit is the only bitch we have left as the owner of the Sire wanted a female from the Sire's line.  The bitch she picked out was marked up just like the Sire....so that is the one she wanted.

Little Bit is the sweetest and calmest one of the bunch.  She will rough house if jumped on...but is just as happy to let the boys slug it out while she watches.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Cute lil poop ploppers, aint they?

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
They're adorable!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You gonna sell any? My kids would love to have one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice looking pups.  Congratulations.  Do you trial them?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
My dad had a beagle growing up but somebody stole her once before hunting season.

He never did find his beagle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Patty, are there any trials can you put non-registered dogs through?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
ill trade you a nevada gopher for.....there really cute.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
All of those Beagles and none of 'em named Snoopy?

Nice lookin' pups, can I have one?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
My first dog was a Beagle, loved that dog!!!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
They look cool.

Tag for the wifey to see and go "OH they are sooooooooo cute."
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
All of those Beagles and none of 'em named Snoopy?

Nice lookin' pups, can I have one?

None are just black and white like the snoopmeister....  Also those are just nic names so we don't have to say..."go get that dog...the one with the brown spot....kinda on half...of the....ah heck I'll get him myself!"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can apply for an ILP through the AKC and then trial them in hunt tests and field trials.  They can not be shown in conformation.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Get those pups some wabitts
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Get those pups some wabitts

Ya mean wike dis?

These are my NZW rabbits the day I got them....they are in a better facility now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Damn this looter is everywhere

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
img277.imageshack.us/img277/8998/looterdog5na.jpg

img277.imageshack.us/img277/2499/looterbitch7rt.jpg

Why did I have the feeling that was going to happen...

Great looking dogs Treelander.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah that is kinda messed up...but I doubt  it's against the CoC, so...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:00:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can apply for an ILP through the AKC and then trial them in hunt tests and field trials.  They can not be shown in conformation.

Patty

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:22:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I've always liked the looks of the block headed European beagles.  All my dogs have been pure hunting stock without ever being registered.  I was going to join a club once, but everything thing was focused on running trials, grading dogs, etc. when all I wanted to do was hunt.  I only have one Beagle at the moment.  He's a 17"er so he's too big for trials, but he can kick ass in the deep snow.

I let my field over grow so now there's great rabbit cover and I can train him whenver I get a moment.

In a few years I'll be looking for a good female to buy and start having some litters of little hunters.  I'll take some pics of some hunts and post them in the Hunting forum this winter.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:44:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah that is kinda messed up...but I doubt  it's against the CoC, so...

+1....That was about as poor taste as you can get.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:48:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Great looking pups, bro!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:14:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Those dogs will be a holy terror.  We ( by we ,I mean the wifey),  brought one of hopme from a rescue society.  Not pure berad, but cute as hell, same markings as most beagles, but he now weighs in at a hefty 55lbs, and is about 40inches tall at his head.  A liitle big for your average fax chaser, but our pet none the less. Anyway back on topic.  She shows up with this dog nad says " youshould have seen him, he was at the back of the kennel, and he was getting stood on by the other mean dogs, ( who were from the same litter mind you, so you can imagine how mean they must have been).  He was being so quite, so he won't bark, and look he has a cold".  

Great, A sick, runt.  I ask "How much did you pay for that dog"...............Silence..........................Shoving dog in my face...............Puppy licking my nose...............$250.00, she says.......................Heart stopping.  

Soo now we have a 250dollar sick runt of the litter.  I know I seem mean, but I really do love this dog.  Since I'm an EMT and curious by nature, I listen to him breathe, and can tell he is not moving good air, very poor color in his eyes and mouth as well, suggessting respiratory problems.  All night long he whimpers, and gags.  The next day he's very lathargic and weak, so I take him to the vets office.  $300.00 for X-rays, $85.00 for anti-biotics, and of coures and extra $50.00 for opening on a sunday.............................
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:30:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:51:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Nutt'n' like liddle dawgeez!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:06:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a beagle. I love him to death. I'd have more if I could.

By the way, do you know how to tell if you're driving to fast? Ask your beagle.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:07:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Thats the same dog I had when I was a kid.  I love those little guys.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#29]
hounds are the best, I miss mine
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:21:01 AM EDT
[#30]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:27:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
"Half nose half brain, Will Travel"

1/4 nose, 1/4, brain, 1/4 ears, and all fun.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Beagles are awesome dogs. My beagles had several litters when I was a child. I loved how their ears would dangle in their food. It was too cute.

Thread hijack on!

As a response to the earlier "my wife brought a dog home from the pound" story I am in the same boat. I drug my wife to a gun show (she wasn't kicking and screaming, just kicking). I bought a bushy m4gry that day and was feeling pretty happy. We stopped off for pizza on the way back. When we got back in the car she pulled out mapquest directions. I told her that I knew the way back and she just smiled. The directions were to a local pound/Humane Society. We had just lost a dog she had since a child so I told her we would go look.

The pound was overrun with large dogs. We had an old  min schnauzer at home so we needed a small dog. Ends up they just had a min schnauzer come in that morning. She wouldn't come out of her crate, cowered, wouldn't make a noise so we figured we could give her a good home and she wouldn't bother the other dog. We had to come back a week later to pick up the dog to give the original owner a chance to claim her. (I had no doubt he/she was not going to claim the dog b/c she was filthy.) We picked up the dog that still wouldn't make a sound.

Fast forward a few minutes and we are driving out of the parking lot. We had not even exited the parking lot and that dog has not shut up since. She tells us when its time to wake up, she tells us when its time to feed her, she tells us when someone walks down the sidewalk, she really tells us when a rabbit is in the yard, and sometimes she just tells us to tell us.

I figured this is OK b/c she would be a good watch dog (notice I didn't say guard dog since she is 14 lbs) and it kept my wife from buying an AKC puppy like she wanted to do...but...two days after we adopted her she came down with pancreatitis (spelling?). A $450 vet bill later we could have had a puppy but even so I'm glad we have this dog. She is now sleeping in my office door so in case I try to leave she will know and can follow. A great companion even though she is a little loud.

Thread hijack off!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You gonna sell any? My kids would love to have one.

Check thy IM's Sire.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Glad everything worked out well for you and the pups treelander.  

GM
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Glad everything worked out well for you and the pups treelander.  

GM

Yeah bro...your advice was a great help.  Thanks a bunch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top