Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2005 12:53:16 PM EDT
Just picked this up from an associate regarding Houston refugees...

<snip>
Guys,
I just got relieved from my post at the Astrodome. I spent my glorious
Labor Day weekend guarding Displaced Persons. It's kind of a cluster
down there. The Reliant Arena is used as a Medical clinic/triage area.
DP's are housed in the Dome and at Reliant Center. I guess the "DP's"
are getting comfortable as car burglaries in the area have
skyrocketed. A fence had to be erected around the parking areas to
keep the DP's from breaking into the cars of the volunteers and cops.
Pretty sad, if you ask me. Assaults, drunks, rapes and other crimes
are being committed by the DP's against each other. They are a
different kind of people. Way different than your run of the mill
Texas turd. I'm sure when they assimilate into the Houston area, we
will be seeing a upswing of crime all across the city. I am on the
list to be sent over to N.O. after the first crew does their 90 days.
Hopefully things will be under control by then and I will not get
called up.
And now back to your normal programming... </snip>

Jeez......and here we are trying to help and this is what we get???
~m38a1

ETA:
Tone the verbage down in RED
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTL

Freedom is when you have nothing left to lose - Janice Joplin

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had a doubt.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
....and I'm getting ROACHED in another forum for saying my soccer mom stepmother shouldn't work for the red cross when they bring them to the .mil camp in Jackson next week...

They'll see her as nothing more than food.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
...remember the movie "FMJ" "its a huge shit sandwhich and we are all going to take a bite"....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Houston got the housing project people. Really helped La and hopefully they will stay in Houston.

The project people in NOLA are different from other people.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Houston got the housing project people. Really helped La and hopefully they will stay in Houston.

fuck you
hope they go to your town and stay there
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
How sad and how sadly predictable.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There is nothing like generalizing and lumping all people from one area into a single group.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
....and I'm getting ROACHED in another forum for saying my soccer mom stepmother shouldn't work for the red cross when they bring them to the .mil camp in Jackson next week...

You won't get roached here. I want no part of this.

First two things I said when I head our Canadian Governess say we could accomodate up to 10,000 people:
1: Her and Kwame want Federal money for housing them and
2: That's 10,000 more prospective Democrat voters on the rolls.

This whole thing eats it.

BTW nice way to return the Houston's hospitality... GEEZ. I used to go there a bunch on business years ago... I really liked the parts of Houston I saw.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How sad and how sadly predictable.

It might get so bad down there in the Lone Star State that you can run a new series of tests called "Punk o' Truth"!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck you

We mostly received Mississippi and Mobile area DP's.

Houston got screwed. These people are not going back. They are now going to be Texans.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Is she lib? Do you predict a conversion?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck you

Rut Roh...

I was criticized at work earlier for suggesting that the "DP's" should be doing their own cooking.  I don't mind sending food and what not, but if they've got the time to burglarize and rape they've got the time to cook for themselves.

No jobs?  Some of the money provided for assistance should be redirected for payroll.  Those that need to eat...need to work.  "Tap" 'em for part time kitchen duty during meal times.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Great, I'll be in Houston Sunday thru Thursday.

Mental note to self, bring extra ammo.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#15]
All of the texas problems will go away as soon as the knowledge gets around!!
It is legal  to shoot these burglers at night 4 this shit!!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#17]
BTW I read the blog of a guy who volunteered in TX last weekend... he was super angry because he was treated horribly by the ingrates getting off the buses and planes. I wish I could remember it, does anyone know the one I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Texas might now be called "The Lone State".  Them jokers gonna steal the "Star"..

j/k..Jynx
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#19]
That snippet from your "associate" is nothing but prejudiced propaganda, and is completely full of untruths and rumor.

Please stop spreading racism and hate.

Some people have absolutely zero compassion.

I hope this gets locked soon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That snippet from your "associate" is nothing but prejudiced propaganda, and is completely full of untruths and rumor.

I don't know, sounds like reasoned observation to me....

Please stop spreading PCism and stupidity.

Maybe you should volunteer to take a bunch of these fine citizens into your home.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck you

Hehe, this is like all the arab nations arguing who WOULDN'T get the Palestine refugees that got pushed out in 1947(?)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have plenty of compassion.

I haven't got tolerance for ingrates, so FOAD.

Oh and DU is ----> that way!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't know about all of it. But I did notice in the new videos from the Astrodome that fencing had been brought in around the cars.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Breaking into the goddamn cars of the people there trying to help them.....

Fucking scumbags  

Anyone caught doing that crap should get the ever-loving shit beat out of them.  Might deter a few follow-ups.....   Absolutely makes me sick.  

What a fucked up world we live in.  Some people really need killing.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Fellow Texas or not logem - you seriously need to get a grip on reality.  This is the real deal.  The email came FIRST HAND from the field, not some chain e-mail passed round the world.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I have heard similar first hand accounts from close friends delivering medical care to this population. I know these guys well, and they're neither racist nor hate filled. i would relish being present if you were to call either of them racists or liars to their face.

As far as compassion goes, they're down there caring for this population. I've submitted my FEMA paperwork, and will hopefully be deploying to NO soon as a rescue worker. If that doesn't happen I'll be going to shreveport with my other job to help get the SSA disability program back running in LA. What about you? How are you expressing your compassion?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#27]
A friend from a town just outside of the damage area said the first few days they had about 60 people staying in the parish hall of their church.  These were people who drove out just before the hurricane hit, and not the ones who came from the superdome.

He said they were polite, kept the place clean.  He came in in the early morning, and one of them had found the vacuum cleaner and was vacuuming the carpet.  Some ladies were in the kitchen, washing dishes, cleaning up.  The garbage was in the big bin that had been brought in so it would not be blown away.  In short, they treated the place like their own home.

They were grateful for whatever was given them, but did not expect to be "taken care of".

Yes, the people that came out of the dome were the dregs from the housing projects.  A different sort, and not typical of all people from New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#28]
If I lived in Texas, which i wish i did, this shit would have me fired up. Now that i think about it, maybe I don't wish I lived in Texas.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#29]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
IBTL

This is IBTL lock post #2 which I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.  The initial post by me is simply an informative, non-offensive first hand account of what is going on in Houston.  That first hand account is corroborated now by other accounts that are filtering in.

IF the thread DOES get locked, it's only because of asshat comments.  KEEP IT CIVIL GUYS!
~m38a1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL

This is IBTL lock post #2 which I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.  The initial post by me is simply an informative, non-offensive first hand account of what is going on in Houston.  That first hand account is corroborated now by other accounts that are filtering in.

IF the thread DOES get locked, it's only because of asshat comments.  KEEP IT CIVIL GUYS!
~m38a1

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#32]
We have been feeding most of these people all their lives, they are used to being waited on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
We have been feeding most of these people all their lives, they are used to being waited on.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok, who's troll account is logem?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Displaced Persons

Ah, my new windshield washers have arrived! It's no surprise that crime is going up, those are ghetto people.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hehe, this is like all the arab nations arguing who WOULDN'T get the Palestine refugees that got pushed out in 1947(?)

Hey, maybe we should send the ghetto DP's to Israel! They can fight the Palestinians, and we'll have two problems that solve each other.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#38]
After the SHTF the DP is the new scourge of the JBT.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Why am I not surprised???  
Keep us posted on the happenings,
and great post!

myit
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I just spoke to a co-worker who lives in Shreveport.  First day after the hurricane, he started up a web site to help people get in touch with their friends and families.  He then went down and volunteered to help at the shelter.  After 3 days of dealing with some of those folks, he said "Screw this!"  They were the most ungrateful, ignorant, POS's he'd ever dealt with on the whole (not all of them).

Spa King
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#41]
There have been an awful lot of threads locked on here of late...I'm hoping this is not one of them...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#43]
OK Guys, I'm not trolling.

First off, I'll admit that I was quick to prejudge your associate, apparently wrongly.  I apoligize.

It's just that these tales have been going around for several days now about rape, robbery, etc. but have been completely discounted as rumor.  Apparently, things are escalating and have begun to occur within the last day.  I haven't kept abreast of today's news, unlike normal days.

Anyway, this large concentration of people is bound to have some crime issues.  The Astrodome has more people now than some small cities, which are not immune to crime.  And of course this particular group of people are not all the most upstanding, but to lump them all into one stereotype is quite unfair.

I'm not justifying anyone's actions, but trying to explain mine.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
OK Guys, I'm not trolling.
I apoligize.

Accepted.

For the rest of those reading this thread, again I IMPLORE you to KEEP IT CIVIL!

I've just received a 3 page document detailing a personal friends trip from Texas to NOLA to provide assistance.  It will be out in a day or so.

~m38a1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Everyone calm down.  If it is one thing that Texans understand it's to give charity with one hand and to keep a club in the other.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It's just that these tales have been going around for several days now about rape, robbery, etc. but have been completely discounted as rumor.  

Dude, what planet you been living on?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Everyone calm down.  If it is one thing that Texans understand it's to give charity with one hand and to keep a club in the other.

Texans are very wise
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#48]
tag
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#49]
FIrst hand account from an arfcom member;
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387710
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Did you type that with a straight face, dude?!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top