Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 12:41:47 PM EDT
Probably a dupe....but last night while watching either NBC or CBS (I was switching between the two) at 20:00, they had a segment with Harry Conick Jr. taking a boat to his neighborhood to check his dad's house, and see if anyone needed help.

He was sitting near the bow, and there was a shot of him, where you can see on the decking in front of him was an M-4 type weapon, collapsible stock, with a Beta mag in it!!!

Later you can see he was with some NO SWAT looking guys, so it may have been theirs, but he didn't appear uncomfortable around it (most Hollywood typed would be shitting kittens...)...maybe he's an AR fan?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Now we need pics! screen captures, or whatever
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Harry was arrested in the early 90s for CCW at JFK right? Some kinda pistol. He's at least that familiar - so it doesnt surprise me.

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't surprise me much.  He is from the South and I've heard he's a pretty decent guy.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
aint he the guy that was bad mouthing bush?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Now we play the "what screen name does Harry Conick Jr. go by" game.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Ehh, I don't know I was just searching Dateline (NBC) and 48 Hours (CBS) but couldn't find the video I saw....

I believe it was a Dateline story, it was on later in the hour. Harry checked his dads house, it was in good shape, pretty dry...a nighbor told him about an old guy layed out on his porch, Harry and the boat went and got the guy (who was in his 80's) and brought him out.

The shot where I saw the M4(gery)...the boat was like a bass fishing boat, with a broad blunt bow, there was a platform on the bow set below the gunwales...he was sitting on the first seat back from that....the M4 was either on the platform or near his feet...I just remember thinking...what the hell is that, it looks like a Beta mag...sure enough it was, attached to a carbine length AR, in another shot you could see the M4 stock. Conick was the closest person to the weapon, none of the cops were visible, it seemed to be located where only Conick could grab it...

First thought was wow...second was, I bet Sean Penn didn't have one of those on his boat....

Maybe someone can find some screen caps or video....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw that too, I caught a glimpse of the f/h and the ras.  Definately an m4.  Looked like a 14.5" barrell too.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
First thought was wow...second was, I bet Sean Penn didn't have one of those on his boat....

Well, Sean Penn doesn't want his sheeple to know about his own CCW in California..    in fact,  his car was stolen in Berkeley last year and he had to report one or two handguns that went missing with it.

I'll try to dig up the SF Chronicle story on it.  (btw, he is also a contributing writer / editor of said paper)

-Niel

ETA - here is the SF Chron story on Sean Penn and CCW in the SF Bay Area - CCW & Sean Penn
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I did security and CPP for Harry a few years back when he did a concert up here in Ann Arbor. He had some quirks but seemed pretty cool for the most part.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I did security and CPP for Harry a few years back when he did a concert up here in Ann Arbor. He had some quirks but seemed pretty cool for the most part.

Seems to bang quality poon as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#12]
He probably enjoyed some lobster and steaks with Oprah after they got done shooting their footage.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Rumor has it that he "hides" his conservative politics. Self described Code word "A-Political" ..
I think he's alright. Especially if proven that it  IS his M4gery.

myit

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#14]
All i can see in this video is his persoanl security carrying an m4. Low res.

Rescues a dehydrateed naked oldtimer and everything
Connick Jr. helps in New [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#15]
He's been doing Suncom commercials around here, didn't know who he was for a while, came across as creepy
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Harry's hot!

Oh come on! You guys do that all the time when someone mentions a famous chick!

<slinks back to Womens' Shooters Forum>
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Always seemed a decent enough guy, he's also a lot bigger than I thought he was.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Always seemed a decent enough guy, he's also a lot bigger than I thought he was.

Scarry. I thought that was more of PlaymoreMinds Post. TMI!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I saw that too, I caught a glimpse of the f/h and the ras.  Definately an m4.  Looked like a 14.5" barrell too.  

Didn't look like a flash hider to me, it looked like a flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I tend to be a big fan of old school big band and standards.  Always have liked Harry Connick as well.

Ah well, call me a fag.

But, it is nice to see a sign as to how his political leanings may lay.

BTW, I have heard he puts on one HELL of a show.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snarfing 'tini>
You owe me a keyboard!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, you're the one with the bio photo that mentions inserting a penis, not me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I think he shot a hole in Sean Penn's boat!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I spoke with Harry Conick Jr very briefly at the Baton-Rouge airport on my first trip there during the medical evacuation of the flooded NO hospitals.

He had just got off the plane and was visably shaken by the scope of the disaster. The airport was a crazy place, with all the EMS aircraft and the beginnings of the various rescue efforts. I'm sure it was a little overwhelming.

I asked him if he still had family in NO and if they were OK. He said that his family was safe and patted me on the shoulder and thanked us for helping out.

He seemed like a regular guy, just really worried about what was happening to his hometown and friends etc. Not show-boating at all like other celebs that I saw there during a later visit.

Fly safe,

EMSflyer
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I tend to be a big fan of old school big band and standards.  Always have liked Harry Connick as well.

Ah well, call me a fag.

But, it is nice to see a sign as to how his political leanings may lay.

BTW, I have heard he puts on one HELL of a show.

Fag.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:37:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, you're the one with the bio photo that mentions inserting a penis, not me.

Oh now that's just evil!
I like evil.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#27]
harry connick's a gun nut and that old school "rat pack" slicky cool. i heard he said he'd had a good day, that his dad's home was ok and he found a bar open on bourbon street! hahahahah
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#28]
He got arrested once for having a 9mm Beretta in his luggage at an airport.  I think he said he just forgot it was in there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
aint he the guy that was bad mouthing bush?

This really narrows the list of celebrities down a lot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#30]
He does put on a hell of a show.
I was trapped into going to one of his concerts with my wife and one of her friends I find annoying. I knew he played big band stuff, but that was about all I knew. I had a great time, and so did everyone else I saw there. It was more like watching a private jam session than a concert.
If he has an M4gery, I might have to buy one of his CD's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:02:55 AM EDT
[#31]
"Penn admitted to using marijuana 20 years ago and had a couple of arrests for assault and driving recklessly, factors that could have disqualified him for a permit for carrying a concealed weapon. In this case, however, Penn got FBI and state Department of Justice clearance and completed firearms training early last year. "

I am sure the average Joe could have got clearance ,in the same situation. YEH RIGHT?!?
FU govt.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:12:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, I've actually always like Harry Conick Jr. I dig his music, I like old Big Band and Swing stuff. I also liked him in some of the movies he's been in (ie the fighter pilot in Independence Day).

I never heard his political views, but do remember the pistol in the bag incident.

He always seemed pretty cool to me...

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Now we play the "what screen name does Harry Conick Jr. go by" game.

He often uses Harry911 - dont ask how I know

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Carrying the old guy out, legit, or photo op?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Seemed legit...a neighbor came and told them about him....they went and found him....

The whole thing seemed pretty legit....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#36]
That'd be my vote too.  With all the shit he's gonna take for having that AR I don't think anything short of kissing kerry's ass at high noon could redeem him in the eyes of our favorite libtards.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yup, you can always tell a 14.5" from a 16" inch by looking at it from 30 feet away.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top