User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 12:14:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Any context with it?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Curriculum Vitae...a resume, but a fancy term like in many technical and other professions.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If they are asking for your CV, it means curriculum vitae. It's a fancy name for resume.

ETA: IAMLEGEND hit the submit button quicker...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
In general industry terms, CV is Curriculum Vitae, basically a resume.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If they are asking for your CV, it means curriculum vitae. It's a fancy name for resume.

w00t!!!   QUICKDRAW!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I would guess that guys who could answer that aren't refugees sitting in NO waiting for a handout
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t!!!   QUICKDRAW!!!

Yeah, but I took the time to italicize curriculum vitae.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No wonder I never got a job mailing people constant velocity joints!

I'd still be figuring how to properly box a conventionally powered aircraft carrier.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

w00t!!!   QUICKDRAW!!!

Yeah, but I took the time to italicize curriculum vitae.

All I italicized was the word 'quickdraw'...in my follow up post.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No wonder I never got a job mailing people constant velocity joints!hr

You beat me to it... 20 minutes ago???  Holy crap I'm slow.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No wonder I never got a job mailing people constant velocity joints!

Damn IFS...I want to get rid of mine and do a solid axle swap.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Crown Vic?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Actually, not quite.

There are differences between a CV and a resumé, which is a problem I'm still trying to deal with myself ever since I came over from Europe.

Basically, a resume touches pretty much upon your highlights. I've been told that an ideal reusmé is one page, two pages is acceptable if you've had a good career. Anything more than that, and I'm told the thing gets canned.

A CV, on the other hand, is much more detailed. As a new job hunter just out of college with no full-time work experience at all, my CV had to be edited down to fit onto two pages. By way of example, I don't believe I have 'hobbies and interests' as a section on my resumé.

There are other differences as well. For example, the 'objective' is a resumé-specific concept that I really haven't figured out. What the devil is a cover letter for then?!

Do a search for CV templates and examples before simply firing off your resumé, especially if it's to a European contractor.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top