Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:25:52 AM EDT
Heard from a gun shop behind the counter commando yesterday that Glock was making a big announcement at the end of the month and he speculated as to what it might be based on a new 100yd Range in Smyrna?

Anybody heard anything about this?  Maybe give the Beretta Storm a run for its money?

Yes I did a search - so dont "dupe" my ass if I missed it a couple weeks ago.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#2]
There was a rumor Glock was going to announce a carbine of some sort before the SHOT show but nothing appeared.

Perhaps this is it...?

It would have to be really flippin cool for me to give anything more than a "meh"  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever it is you can count on it being black, ugly and uber-functional .  

Where do I sign up to buy one?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else get a chuckle over "Sam Colt" asking about new Glock products?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Whatever it is you can count on it being black, ugly and uber-functional .  

Where do I sign up to buy one?

Form a line, right behind me.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh goody, I hope this is true. I'm scheduled for Glock Armorers and Instructors school in Smyrna that week.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
didn't we hear this 2-3 months ago as well?

if it was a gold plated 1911 i still wouldn't buy it if GLOCK was stamped on the side.

They'd probably mess with the grip angle anyway.   And it would flex when you shoot it.

Does it do that for other people too? I have shot a couple of Glocks and the frame flexed when the shot went off. Flexed. Is that the "recoil absorbing" quality that people talk about? If so it felt to me like driving in a car with the lugnuts two turns from falling off.

/sorry 'bout the threadjack, wasn't important enough to start my own thread though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#8]
In Aug. of 2002, I toured the Glock factory in Wagram, Austria. Robert "Norbert" Glock was our guide. He showed us around the plant, gave us a bag of Glock trinkets, then he asked us if we wanted to see the range in the basement. The range had 4 bays, where they test fire all of the Glocks. Robert apoligized for the mess, as they had just renovated 2 of the bays.  The 2 "renovated" bays, he explained, had been lengthed from 25 meters to 100 meters. Of course I wondered what a pistol company would need a 100 meter range. I did not ask Robert why, although I had my suspicions.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Heard from a gun shop behind the counter commando yesterday that Glock was making a big announcement at the end of the month and he speculated as to what it might be based on a new 100yd Range in Smyrna?

Anybody heard anything about this?  Maybe give the Beretta Storm a run for its money?

Yes I did a search - so dont "dupe" my ass if I missed it a couple weeks ago.  

No its not a dupe. But it does come up about once a month or so. Especially on the Glock forums.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#10]
The haters must be learned.

And I will teach.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Groundhog Day
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Robert Glock is a complete dickhead.  I speak from personal experience.  Not only is Robert a complete and uber douche, but so is the VP of North America, an Ex-BATF JBT.  Now, I'm not talking out my ass here, I've had numerous personal interactions with both at the plant.  Other than those two, everyone at Smyrna are really good people.  The armorer folks are top notch and do a good job and were a pleasure to work with.  

As a funny aside, a long time back when they were hiring a lot of production personnel, the HR manager was a complete dumbass and misread the direction that Vietnam veterans should be given preferrential treatment during hiring.  So instead of hiring Vietnam vets, the guy hired Vietnamese!  I shit you not, there are still signs around the Smyrna plant written in Vietnamese.  Just a little trivia tidbit.  

Oh, I'll ask my buddy that works there what the deal is about this upcoming thing.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And I will teach.

tinypic.com/b3kb9s.jpg

What distance?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And I will teach.

tinypic.com/b3kb9s.jpg

Sounds neat... But does it still "Sproing" in your hand? That recoil absorbing "feature" is more like a bug to me.

/gimme a 1911 any day

//but that's not what this thread is about... I'm hoping for a Beretta Storm type carbine...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]
yeah I want  a Glock carbine
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I will teach.

tinypic.com/b3kb9s.jpg

Sounds neat... But does it still "Sproing" in your hand? That recoil absorbing "feature" is more like a bug to me.

/gimme a 1911 any day

//but that's not what this thread is about... I'm hoping for a Beretta Storm type carbine...

You complain about the "Sproing", guess you don't like AR's then either ?

Never ceases to amaze me.   Month after month, have a couple older, die-hard 1911 fans talking shit about my Glock at our pistol club matches.  NEVER, not even once has my Glock had a failure during one of these matches, but I have lost count of how many 1911 platform guns fail ON A MONTHLY BASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Don't care who you are or what you like/don't like, can't argue facts . . .
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#17]
only recent news I heard is they are making frames in Smyrna now, not all of them but several.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag for any new info.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#19]

What distance?

It's written on the target.  15 yards.  

(As fast as I could gain a sight picture I fired.  It was very fast.  3 mags.)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Also:

I have never had my 2 glocks "sproing"  EVER.

That you say that they do, makes me think you believe that they are indetectable in xray machines and metal detectors.  Those pesky plastic pistols, doncha know.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#21]
My glock rep has said they were coming out with a rifle for 2-3 years
I got news for you factory reps are 10x worse BSers than  us gunstore commandos they are the ones who people cannot stand enoguh to have in a gun shop  so they drive around and only annoy pmanagers and sales people  for 1 hour a year
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#22]
tag...

What the hell.  Might turn out to be true.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#23]
it better be either a:

glock carbine in a pistol caliber w/ a folding stock, 14in bbl+FH, bayonet lug, all of the banned stuff, and take glock mags

bigger glock mags

a glock built like the XD

NOTHING in gap caliber
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in for one.  It will save me from buying one of those Olympic carbines that uses GLOCK mags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#25]
If they come out with a carbine how much you want to bet its in 45GAP
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If they come out with a carbine how much you want to bet its in 45GAP

that would be the GHEYest crap....

not a big announcement, just a big disapointment
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I read rumors long ago about Glock coming out with a steel-frame version of their basic design...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd like to see a rifle in 5.56
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I heard the new Glock surprise is a new and improved folding shovel.  I can't wait to be the first one on my block to get one!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Also:

That you say that they do, makes me think you believe that they are indetectable in xray machines and metal detectors.  Those pesky plastic pistols, doncha know.

Only the Model "7"...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:59:38 AM EDT
[#32]
It's the new GlocKB carbine called the "FACE GRANADE"  can't wait for another cheezy, plastic mall ninja carbine that sucks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:02:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My glock rep has said they were coming out with a rifle for 2-3 years
I got news for you factory reps are 10x worse BSers than  us gunstore commandos they are the ones who people cannot stand enoguh to have in a gun shop  so they drive around and only annoy pmanagers and sales people  for 1 hour a year

They've been talking about a carbine since about a *week* after the G17 came out.

Sigh.

Carbine + 33 round mags =  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It's the new GlocKB carbine called the "FACE GRANADE"  can't wait for another cheezy, plastic mall ninja carbine that sucks. [ puke ]

Just more for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Well,  I started this one - some funny posts in here.  And I finally had one go 2 pages.  

Been tied up with katrina BS for a few weeks and just now getting back.  Anybody heard anything?

SC
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#36]
So what if they did come out with a plastic 16" carbine that took Glock mags?

Not exciting. I'll stick with my AR unless it was around $400.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Also:

I have never even heard about "spronging" Glocks......mine is solid as a rock.
Some people must talk shit about what they don't like,and they usually have little or no experience with what they're bitchin' about.
I gave my Beretta neos many hundereds of rounds, of all kinds, before I said it was apiece of crap....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top