Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 8:13:52 AM EDT
Why is a beer with breakfast frowned upon, while Vodka with Tomato Juice (aka Bloody Mary) is an acceptable before noon drink?

My job requires me to play golf once in awhile.  Guys order up Bloody Mary's and I get my beer.  What's with 12 o'clock rule on beer?   An alcoholic you must be if it's beer, but a couple shots of vodka with tomatoe juice is fine.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
When I was in my 20's before I got married I used to use Bud with Wheaties
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell, I like pizza 24/7.  Pizza doesn't get consumed without beer, therefore beer  is an option 24/7.  It's just the snickering comments  "Geez, a beer already.  You gotta be kidding me".  Like dude, you're sucking down 2 oz of vodka so F-off"  Don't get me wrong, the bullshit doesn't stop me, I just don't get the mindset.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Notice the Budweiser in the corner?  

This pic was taken Sunday morning at the Virginia Blastfest.  Photo courtesy of U352.  MJD
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/u352/Bigbreakfast.jpg

This pic was taken Sunday morning at the Virginia Blastfest.  Photo courtesy of U352.  MJD

Good God, is that corned beef hash.  

Any icy cold bottle of Bud from that cooler in the background and some CB Hash has gotta be a winner.  I know what I'm having for breakfast this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#6]
It's all a matter of perspective.

I don't think it's a good thing to drink to get rid of a hangover - you can get into a vicious circle.

If you're on an early morning turkey hunt and get up at 3am, when you get back at camp at 9 or 10 it seems like afternoon, so if I'm done hunting I'll crack one open.

We once went to a ball game and picked up my cousin at 7am: he tossed us all a beer and we got started for the day.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Next time mix a tomato juice in with your beer and drink it with your pinky up and you'll be just fine.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
When my sister went to Germany she said that specific beers are brewed as "breakfast beers".

It's just a beverage after all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Next time mix a tomato juice in with your beer and drink it with your pinky up and you'll be just fine.  Patty

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When I was in my 20's before I got married I used to use Bud with Wheaties

Ah yes, the Breakfast of Ex-Champions.

.....good times.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#11]

I'll drink to that
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's all a matter of perspective.

I don't think it's a good thing to drink to get rid of a hangover - you can get into a vicious circle.

You got it all wrong. You keep drinking to AVOID hangovers.

Besides, tomato juice is a breakfast beverage, adding vodka is a natural extension.

Add tomato juice to your beer and you'll be fine.

I once was on a long all night drive. Stopped at McD's for breakfast (hate McD's with a passion). Got some OJ for the beverage. Took a drink, and it didn't taste right. Took it back and got another one. Took a drink of that and it tasted the same. I got to thinking, I don't think I ever had OJ without vodka in it before...... True story. <shakes head> Don't really like OJ but I drink it in Screwdrivers.

Vodka is okay, but Gin hits harder. I'm a gin guy myself, however when the doctor puts me on a clear liquid diet, I drink vodka as well to keep it interesting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#13]
A local club back home works in conjunction with a hard rock radio station to offer a "beer and breakfast"several times during the week.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fine have it your way, drink it with your pinky down. Patty
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#15]
It's always NOON somewhere

GM
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Just put some OJ in your 40oz bottle. It's called a Brass Monkey and is a perfectly acceptable breakfast drink. (paper bag required)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fine have it your way, drink it with your pinky down. Patty

Alrighty then.....that's much better
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just put some OJ in your 40oz bottle. It's called a Brass Monkey and is a perfectly acceptable breakfast drink. (paper bag required)

Wow.  Here's to having A beer with breakfast  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/u352/Bigbreakfast.jpg

Hopefully whoever was drinking that beer was finished shooting for the day.
Alcohol and firearms do not mix!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top