Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:39 AM EDT
This is a tough question, but a serious one.

Let's say the SHTF in your area.  You have to evacuate, you have to evacuate fast, and you can't take the dog with you due to the exigencies of the cirumstance.  Hypothetically, a dam burst, you are in a flood and the water is going to rise 10' over your neighborhood and the only way out is by chopper rescue.  You can't stay behind as it's virtually certain you can't survive the SHTF at home.

What do you do?  Do you leave him behind to fend for himself?  Stay with him and probably both perish?  

FYI, I have 13 year old lab.  The dog has been my best and most loyal companion since I've had him.  This scenario is not an abstract possibility after seeing what happened in NO and I'm looking for SHTF planning options for him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Eat it If I dont get out in time
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Please stop watching Oprah--dupe by another Oprah watcher--http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387521
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top