Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:47:47 AM EDT
the wife was watching the opra show on it, and lisa ling and the guy she was with was talking to people and there was a guy and his 14 year old chow mix that help save another man... when they told him he could not take his dog with him, he and the man he saved stayed with the dog and didnt get on the bus.

the guy with ling said "F this!.. ill take care of your dog, hers is my number and where im staying.."

they all hugged and cryed..

would you have done the same?

i would, i feel more sorry for the pets then i do the people. 90% of the people could have left, the chose not to.
all of them were told to go.

pet's, kids and people truly to sick to find someone to help them get out. thats all i feel sorry for.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Loyalty is loyalty, be it man or dog. I'm not leaving them behind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i would, i feel more sorry for the pets then i do the people. 90% of the people could have left, the chose not to.

Yes, and yep.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I would never leave my dog behind. I'd rather give my dog my spot on the bus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife and kids would leave ME before they ever left the dog. If nothing else,  they would voluteer me to stay behind with him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Big +1

The "girls" are comin' with me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would never leave my dog behind. I'd rather give my dog my spot on the bus.

I totally agree...unfortunately, some asshat would toss your dog as soon as you were out of sight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the wife was watching the opra show on it, and lisa ling and the guy she was with was talking to people and there was a guy and his 14 year old chow mix that help save another man... when they told him he could not take his dog with him, he and the man he saved stayed with the dog and didnt get on the bus.

the guy with ling said "F this!.. ill take care of your dog, hers is my number and where im staying.."

they all hugged and cryed..

would you have done the same?

all of them were told to go.

pet's, kids and people truly to sick to find someone to help them get out. thats all i feel sorry for.

I'd have done exactly the same

No huggin' and cryin' though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#8]
It's just a dog.

Dogs ≠People or Family
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Oprah teh sucks
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't want to leave them to fend for themselves

I would kill them 1st if I had to.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I would not leave my dog behind. She treated me better than my family.

I've seen many family many families leave behind a family pet, and the little children be traumatized for years to come, and will never forget it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1

Beside, Dexter brings his own BOB.  Which is better than I can say about alot of the refugees I see on TV...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The dog never leaves my side.

Uhh, I think you meant to say, "the dog never leaves my leg".  Now didn't you?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#15]
our dog is our family, leave no one behind!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#16]
The dog stays with me. PERIOD.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Cant leave the dogs to die wondering why you left them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#18]
No freakin way would my girls get left behind.  They are as much family as my kids.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Me, my family and my dog would have been at the Comfort Inn in Memphis on Saturday night. Long before Katrina made landfall.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I was 25 when I got my first dog; I never thought I could become attached to an animal.  She's coming with me, come hell or high water.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Some of the pets are being taken to other shelters, and held to be reunited.  I could understand the not wanting to leave without your pet, but if the choice is family vs. pet, family comes first.

And if it was back when the water was still rising during/just after the storm, It'd be seeya buddy.  Mabye put the pet down before going on the helicopter, but if it seems very likely you would die if you stayed, your own life is more important that the pet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#22]
You will risk your life for a pet?  That's Ok, Darwin has your number.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Ahh, but the real question is, what do you do when they tell you the only way you can get on the bus is to be patted down, disarmed?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Reminds me of that great old Twilight Zone episode...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You will risk your life for a pet?  That's Ok, Darwin has your number.

If you've gotten yourself into a situation in which your choices are...

1. getting on a gov. bus unarmed heading to another holding pen

or

2. stay and die

Then Darwin has had your number for quite a while...  

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The one where the dof kept the guy from taking the wrong road.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#28]
No way I'd leave my Labs behind . I don't really understand why they dont save them too ? I'm pretty sure this will come back to haunt them (the"authorities") too . They'll have to go back to save those folks and their pets or risk looking like shit some more . It would have sounded ridiculus to me as well 15 years or so ago . Not anymore , Willie is my partner and freind .
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The one where the dof kept the guy from taking the wrong road.

Yea no shit where "The Angel" was trying to get him to leave the dog to get into heaven ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Leave no man (or dog) behind!

Man's best friend.

Hell at this point you could wait a day or to and walk out of NO without getting wet!.  Most of the city is still flooded but there should be dry routes open now.

My dogs are smarter than 99% of the asshats that stayed in the super tomb anyway.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#31]
if i saw a buring crack house that had a crack head in 1 window and a dog in the other, i wouldnt be betting on the crack head getting my help 1st.

You will risk your life for a pet? That's Ok, Darwin has your number.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#32]
My dogs are like children, they depend on me.  With that said, where I go, they will go.  I will never leave them behind.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#33]
[Dexter] It's because I'm a black dog!  YOU RACIST! [Dexter]

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#34]
No, I'd leave the dog. No, scratch that, I'd barbecue the dog!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Nope! Ohana. No one gets left behind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#37]
All of my pets come with me.  Shit, I love my animals more than most people I know.  I'm with the Hun on this one.  It would be a long, arguous hike/swim to get out, but a hike/swim it would be.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#38]
A man that would abandon his dog cannot be trusted.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I guess I'm the only one that would get on the bus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#40]
The dog comes.  

I will say that it would come because I don't think I would die if I didn't get on the boat.  

If [insert favorite SHTF senario here], and it was my life or the dogs life, sorry buddy.  I still believe a human life is worth more than a pet's life.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Absolutely NO fucking way I would leave my best buddy behind. -The dog stays with me -so Ill stay with the dog.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#42]
You mean that there are dogs there that are still alive?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
No way I'd leave my Labs behind . I don't really understand why they dont save them too ? I'm pretty sure this will come back to haunt them (the"authorities") too . They'll have to go back to save those folks and their pets or risk looking like shit some more . It would have sounded ridiculus to me as well 15 years or so ago . Not anymore , Willie is my partner and freind .

Because they have to have somewhere to house them seperate from the refugees.

Imagine if there were packs of dogs, previously owned by those upstanding citizens from the projects, staying in the superdome or astrodome.

Dog bites, fights, and worse would be common.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ahh, but the real question is, what do you do when they tell you the only way you can get on the bus is to be patted down, disarmed?

Same response.

My dog and I would walk out of New Orleans...still armed.

This is still America.

Eric The(ABoyAndHisDog)Hun

Damn right,

the heel-toe express runs all times of day.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It's just a dog.

Dogs ≠People or Family

I like my dogs as much or more than a lot of people out there.  Sorry, but it's the truth.  My ugly mutts have never turned on me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I would have gotten the hell out of Dodge long before landfall, but, if for some unexplainable reason, I were to have ended up in the aftermath, there would be no way that I would leave my dogs behind. Hell, I'd probably try to take as many abandoned ones with me as possible. Last time I checked, they're not the 'tards that decided to wait out a Cat 5 storm, so I don't see why they should be punished for the stupidity of their owners.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Same response.

My dog and I would walk out of New Orleans...still armed.

This is still America.

Eric The(ABoyAndHisDog)Hun

No truer words spoken.

I have had my Bulldog for just 6 months. I could never leave him and I couldn't put him down to be marched onto a bus, disarmed. Puppy and I would be walking out of the area, with weapons intact. If puppy had opposible thumbs, he'd have his own .45. Of course, we'd be out of the area before the masses.

I like the idea of the puppy BOB. I guess I need to hit the Singer machine today. Thanks for the idea. Actually, I was thinking about this way before this last disaster.

One another note, I was thinking about a motorcycle as a BOV, but with puppy, not feasible. But, with a sidecar.......

Sidecar for doggies on a motorcycle?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#48]
The dog and I would have been smart enough to get the hell out of dodge long before this would have become a problem.  I could never look at myself in a mirror if I left my best friend behind.  I guess she and I would be losing some weight because it is a long walk out of dodge if we are that deparate.  My dog depends on me for everything and there is no way I could consider it looking into her big brown eyes.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#49]
NOAH's Wish is an organization that is rescuing all types of animals from NOLA!

No need to worry about all the animals dying.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#50]
I'd find a way out with the animals.  Better yet I would have left when warned to leave
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top