Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 6:48:39 AM EDT
Listening to the radio station KMPS in Seattle. They are recommending a packpack with 3 days worth of survival gear and supplies for everyone.

Thought you survival guys would like to feel vindicated. Good time to own stock in Surefire, if it's available...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#1]
What is their reasoning for this?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:00:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Listening to the radio station KMPS in Seattle. They are recommending a packpack with 3 days worth of survival gear and supplies for everyone.

Did they also recommend arming yourself for protection too?

Didn't think so.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They have wet their panties.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So true.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So true.

***Make note to self about Depends shortages in Wahington State***
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
FYI for out of staters, KMPS is the local country station, and whether or not you like country they are the only station that plays the national anthem at noon every day and are generally fully supportive of Pres. Bush.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone on there recommended a gun
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FYI for out of staters, KMPS is the local country station, and whether or not you like country they are the only station that plays the national anthem at noon every day and are generally fully supportive of Pres. Bush.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone on there recommended a gun

I just figgered it was "Seattle" so...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thought you survival guys would like to feel vindicated. Good time to own stock in Surefire, if it's available...

Maglites are better survival lights than surefires. Longer battery life, more durable bulbs...

I love my surefires, but they are meant for a specific purpose. When used for that purpose they are great. Outside of that purpose, the Maglite is a much better option.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did they also recommend arming yourself for protection too?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did.  KMPS is a country station in Seattle.  When I lived up there, I listened to KMPS a lot to avoid the usual drivel.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]
As I recall, didn't GW also recommend having on hand 3 days worth of food and water shortly after 911?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Not me, THe Federal Government will save me during any disaster
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maglites are better survival lights than surefires. Longer battery life, more durable bulbs...

I love my surefires, but they are meant for a specific purpose. When used for that purpose they are great. Outside of that purpose, the Maglite is a much better option.

Get an LED light from Brinkman. Brighter than hell, tough as nails, love you long time!

I see the SF has leaked into GD!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
As I recall, didn't GW also recommend having on hand 3 days worth of food and water shortly after 911?

Yeah, but he only meant that for rich white folks. Poor blacks can feed on the corpses of their loved ones. It's in the official FEMA manual.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And feed me and clothe me and find me a job and give me money and be the one I can blame for all MY problems.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I just spoke with one of my good friends in Seattle yesterday, and I was telling him to BOB up. He was pretty receptive, to say the least.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

September was dedicated as "Preparedness Month" a while back, there have been plans
to air PSA's and such for several months now.  The NO thing has just made it hit
closer to home so people are listening for now.

Here is the link.  It's mostly touchy feely "feel good" BS, but that's why it's on
all the radios and TVs this month.

Preparedness Month
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#17]
And then the Feds would sieze your BOB to make more space for the evacuation.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yup, and the Red Cross, and Tom Ridge, ad nauseum.  They have been saying for 4 years it may take three or four days for the Feds to get to you.  Until August, you were a nutjob if you actually believed that and kept some supplies on hand.  My libtard in laws thought I was nuts for having supplies on hand.  Now that the Feds have actually shown that it just might take three days to get in, everybody's bitching that it took three days.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
And then the Feds would sieze your BOB to make more space for the evacuation.

Mine wouldn't make it past the airport security screeners anyway...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I got a 1 min ad on my local NBC station on the same thing this morning.  Have 3 days of supples, food, meds, and important papers handy.

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top