Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 5:04:34 AM EDT
I have pondered what to post for my 4000th.  BOTD, Weapons, Photochops etc???  I couldn't decide, but yesterday morning I got an interesting call from my cousin and the rest...well is up to you to decide.

While on his way to work on a wet rainy Florida morning, his truck died...the altenator would go no more.  On a fairly busy 4 lane road in Orlando he coasted from the center lane to the side hoping he would make it an not cause an accident.  He didn't quite make it to the side and came to a stop in the slow lane.  As the window fogged up and the rain poured down, he got out to push his truck out of harms way.  

With his American flag in the rear window and a "Support the Troops" ribbon on the tailgate, he was sure that someone would stop to give him help.  Car after car passed, no one stopped.  Half hour, 45 minutes...one hour...nobody.  He popped the hood pretending to have a remote clue as to how to fix his broken machine...nobody stopped.  The rain came down harded, it was a miserable beginning to a miserable day.  As the water poured heavier from the darkened skies, a lone car finally pulled over, the driver in a suit on his way to work braved the rain to help out.  After an quick evaluation, the man confirmed it was the alternator and called another family member who owned a repair shop and a tow truck to help.  

My cousin was grateful for the help and ashamed at himself and his fellow Americans.  You see, he was wearing his Infidel shirt he bought from me.  The man who stopped to help was of Arab descent.  He never said a word about the shirt, just said that he was glad to be able to help a fellow American.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have pondered what to post for my 4000th.  BOTD, Weapons, Photochops etc???  I couldn't decide, but yesterday morning I got an interesting call from my cousin and the rest...well is up to you to decide.

While on his way to work on a wet rainy Florida morning, his truck died...the altenator would go no more.  On a fairly busy 4 lane road in Orlando he coasted from the center lane to the side hoping he would make it an not cause an accident.  He didn't quite make it to the side and came to a stop in the slow lane.  As the window fogged up and the rain poured down, he got out to push his truck out of harms way.  

With his American flag in the rear window and a "Support the Troops" ribbon on the tailgate, he was sure that someone would stop to give him help.  Car after car passed, no one stopped.  Half hour, 45 minutes...one hour...nobody.  He popped the hood pretending to have a remote clue as to how to fix his broken machine...nobody stopped.  The rain came down harded, it was a miserable beginning to a miserable day.  As the water poured heavier from the darkened skies, a lone car finally pulled over, the driver in a suit on his way to work braved the rain to help out.  After an quick evaluation, the man confirmed it was the alternator and called another family member who owned a repair shop and a tow truck to help.  

My cousin was grateful for the help and ashamed at himself and his fellow Americans.  You see, he was wearing his Infidel shirt he bought from me.  The man who stopped to help was of Arab descent.  He never said a word about the shirt, just said that he was glad to be able to help a fellow American.

True Americans are getting to be very few and far between nowdays. Sounds like your cousin met one yesterday. Its not about skin color, but how you treat your fellow man.

-Storm
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Should have had a jacket in the car.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Should have had a jacket in the car.

Suprisingly, that is what I told him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:26:52 AM EDT
[#5]
How did you know the guy was of Arab decent?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How did you know the guy was of Arab decent?

I wasn't there, but I trust my cousin.  If he said it was a green alien, then it was a green alien (unless he didn't take his insulin on time ).
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Pause for thought...great post, number non-withstanding.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You always say the nicest things!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You always say the nicest things!

Moi?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top