Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 4:29:58 AM EDT

From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>  Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book
To: [email protected]
Subject: Special Announcement from SIGARMS®
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:30:02 -0400
Dear nationwide:

SIGARMS® is responding to emergency requests from law enforcement in the hurricane ravaged areas of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama and is expediting orders to agencies in those states. Already SIGARMS has shipped extra pistol magazines for the Louisiana State Police who carry the P220 pistol, and at the agency's request will be sending all available remaining P220 magazines. As a result, SIGARMS has suspended sale of the P220 pistol magazines to the commercial market. Commercial sales are expected to resume in October.

Additionally SIGARMS is working closely with officials at the ATF to expedite required paperwork for law enforcement agency transfer of the SG 551 and SG 552 select-fire rifles. Already, SIGARMS has made preparations to ship several hundred rifles to one Louisiana agency.

Due to the magnitude of the emergency facing law enforcement in the region hit by hurricane Katrina and the surrounding states which have taken in thousands of refugees, SIGARMS will give immediate priority to requests from area law enforcement agencies and expedite shipments of firearms, parts and accessories. Agencies in other parts of the country that are sending personnel and supplies to the region will also receive priority status to assist them in their efforts.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to our commercial dealers and customers. We deeply appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you. - SIGARMS
Delete Reply Forward

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck! I was ordering this week too. Where can I get some Novaks or quality mags on the cheap?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Vanilla, go to CDNN Investments.

Here ya go:

www.cdnninvestments.com/sigsauer.html
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:41:59 AM EDT
[#3]
1911 that's all I'm saying.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not hardly, maybe you just need some coffee to help yer mood.

Never had a problem finding good mags for my 1911's!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Bachman still had some 2 wks. ago?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not hardly, maybe you just need some coffee to help yer mood.

Never had a problem finding good mags for my 1911's!

Who gives a fuck?  The purpose of this thread was simply PSA.

status STANDS!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Additionally SIGARMS is working closely with officials at the ATF to expedite required paperwork for law enforcement agency transfer of the SG 551 and SG 552 select-fire rifles. Already, SIGARMS has made preparations to ship several hundred rifles to one Louisiana agency.

The horsey company is going to be pissed!

Maybe they'll have to condescend to us cilivian folks if the Sig rifles take off?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bachman still had some 2 wks. ago?

They've had a bin of them forever.  The nice stainless 8 rounders... I've got 5, so I should be good... but then again
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:03:28 AM EDT
[#10]

SIGARMS Marketing must be going NUTS at all the Bubba-Special Mini-14s they've seen being toted by all those LEOs in the news.  

Say what you want about the Mini-14,  It seems to be THE "Looter-Shooter" of the Katrina disaster.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Say what you want about the Mini-14,  It seems to be THE "Looter-Shooter" of the Katrina disaster.

Well, before the AR craze, I had a friend that was a game warden in WI... all they guys at the DNR were getting them (Mini-14's).  There's got to be as many Ruger's out there in LEO inventories as AR's...  one would think.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

SIGARMS Marketing must be going NUTS at all the Bubba-Special Mini-14s they've seen being toted by all those LEOs in the news.  

There is another reason for this.

Last month, SIGARMS started dumping all of their foreign-made SIG 55X-series rifles by offering them at significantly lower prices to US Law ENforcement Agencies (prices comparable to those for a stock M4) to make room for the new domestically produced ones, which is all they will selling to US LEAs in a few months, as SIGARMs diverges farther from SIG in Switzerland and SIG-Sauer in Germany.

This is probably another way they figured they can clear those stocks out quickly, while helping at the same time. It also bodes well for those wanting a post-ban SIG rifle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Got it too.  Good thing I am stocked up on 220 mags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]
For dragging around in nasty water and mud, a stainless Mini-14 with synthetic stock has a lot to be said for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top