Posted: 9/6/2005 9:48:09 PM EDT
See topic title
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
'cause guns are for killin'!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know and working in a gun shop everyday it bugs the shit out of me
fat toothless bastard eyes the 20 or so  scary black rifles and bellers don't cater to hunters much huh?
Completely ignoring the 500 other  bolt action , pump ,over/under , "good" semis (1100 BARs Benellis etc) long guns on the same wall
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Because they think the 2nd Amendment is about hunting....

.....and people like "us", give gun owners a bad name.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
They don't appreciate all the shooting and noise.  I probably shoot more rounds in one trip to the range that most of the pure hunter do/have done in a lifetime.  They come to my range w/o ear protection, give me shitty looks, shoot 10x to sight in their scope, and strut off.  I'm just a crazy fuck that like to make noise to them, I'm certain of it.

I went deer hunting once, with a friend.  Shit, I couldn't take all the sitting around.  All I wanted to do was shoot, hell at anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If there were an easier, cheaper method of taking game alot of these folks would never even lay eyes on a gun.  Sad.  The purists are "pro- hunting" opposed to pro- gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Because they're hunters, not shooters.

There is a difference.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
maybe you are just hanging around the wrong hunters?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No, they give US a bad name by calling us things like "killing freaks".

They use the same weapons we use to kill harmless animals instead, and we're the killin freaks???

We kill only those who threaten our lives.  They kill gods living creaturs as a hobby, and much much less for survival.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
They have bought the "divide and conquer" strategy of the anti-gunners hook, line and sinker. When Feinstein looks at them and earnestly says "Not your guns." they want to believe her.

Simply put, they are the weak-minded my Jedi friend.

If a particular individual seems up to it, point out Great Britain (zero guns, no hunting) and ask them how PETA feels about their "pointless" blood sport.

One could argue self-defense utility trumps recreational Bambi killing any day of the week (or at least the Founding Fathers thought so).
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#10]
We all need to be pro-RKBA.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been a hunter most of my life (46 years) I have never met an anti-gun hunter in those 46 years.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Because many of them are criminals and gun laws dont mean squat to them. Most I hae observed are dumber than any liberal when it comes to range safety and safe firearms handling. They make a huge friggin mess in the woods. They shoot at signs, across roads, and generally act like asses. Many poach and many shoot animals for the heck of it and let the carcas rott. Even after they have taken their "legal" limit, they still blast away at good game just to see if they can hit em.

They dont follow the law so they dont care what laws are passed.

They are also Democrats. When the DIms tell them they want "reasonable" gin control and tell them that their weapons are going to be ok, they buy it. They are like the French in that aspect. As log as they are on the side they feel is winning. Will it eve r come to an al out ban including hunting rifles? MAybe though I bet it will tae a LONG time. The .gov does not fear the old timers and their bolt guns. Our standing Army can take em out pretty swiftwly. Then again it would be quite impossible for the US populace to put down the .gov if it ever went out of control. Sadly we lost in that area. Even our semi auuto "military style" wespons are much of a match.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it more of an attitude difference than anything else.  They look at Hunting as a sport, and shooting as a means to an end.  Those that just shoot to blow stuff up are a simple and noisy nuisance.  Feudal Land Owners vs. us Peasants.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have been a hunter most of my life (46 years) I have never met an anti-gun hunter in those 46 years.

+1-Really wonder if some of these people actually know a hunter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#15]
See what happens when you eat feral meat?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not anti gun.

Anti Black Gun, Anti AK , and certanly not all hunters. I've been told by "sportsman" types that people like me are going to get all of our guns banned, my offense was to show up at the Fish and Game club range with my old SP1.....They seem to feel it is no great loss to have evil black guns banned because they are not for hunting...and that the antis will then leave them alone......
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they give US a bad name by calling us things like "killing freaks".

They use the same weapons we use to kill harmless animals instead, and we're the killin freaks???

We kill only those who threaten our lives.  They kill gods living creaturs as a hobby, and much much less for survival.

Exactly. That's what bugs me about SOME hunters. They actually ENJOY killing animals.

I'm sure there's a bit of a rush to it all, but damn!
I don't hunt because i am not going to use the meat. I don't like the taste of deer that damn much, and I'm not going to go shoot one just to give the meat away...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't say that I've met an anti-gun hunter, and I defintely know plenty.  That said, I have known/spken to and been given an significant amount of attitude from "those that only use their guns to hunt with" that are not fans of those of us that pollute their twice/thrice yearly trips to the range with 500 hundred rounds blown downrange in 2 hours.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its the "you no one needs one of those guns" crowd were talking about.

The ones that dont understand the 2nd was about  military weapons not simply "hunting" arms.
its about all guns.

in other words the "you cant hunt with dat der assualt weapon so ya dont need it crowd"

Granted those people are in the minority of hunters I know. but Theres the occosianl guy at the range shooting his token box of ammo to sight in for Deer season who says that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Now you guys are just as bad now for dumping on hunters
" why the hell do they like killing animals "
" why the hell do they like shooting those black guns"
sounds pretty much the same  both are still legal and moral pursuits
I hunt rarely  but i do enjoy
shot some doves this week end it was nice i had not ben out in a year
that said a couple of other hunters i ran into gave me the WTF at my 20" rifle sighted surefire forearmed 870 but my hit ratio was about 70% verses their %25
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They have bought the "divide and conquer" strategy of the anti-gunners hook, line and sinker. When Feinstein looks at them and earnestly says "Not your guns." they want to believe her.

Exactly....They're more than happy to give up those 'evil black rifle' as a offering to the gun grabbers in hopes that they'll be ale to keep their precious hunting rifles............The Libs will divide and conquer, and these morons are falling for it hook, line and sinker...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its the "you no one needs one of those guns" crowd were talking about.

The ones that dont understand the 2nd was about  military weapons not simply "hunting" arms.
its about all guns.

in other words the "you cant hunt with dat der assualt weapon so ya dont need it crowd"

Granted those people are in the minority of hunters I know. but Theres the occosianl guy at the range shooting his token box of ammo to sight in for Deer season who says that.

My experience exactly.  Except it's been more than just a token number, at least at my range.  I use the range 12 months out of the year and a few weeks before hunting season, my range is suddenly filled with the shity look crowd.  It's like put some fuckin' ear plugs in, take you 10 shots and leave me alone.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Because BOTH side IGNORE the overlap.  Hunters do not participate in organized matches.  And the majority of the "evil black rifle" crowd doesn't either.

If more of the "black rifle" crowd were to take up one of the oldest, organized matches in this country, namely the Civillian Marksmanship Program, both sides might get along a bit better.

Sure, you have to use a 20" barreled rifle and iron sight only but it is still one of the BEST way of demonstrating the usefulness of this rifle.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Why do so many purist hunters seem to be so anti gun?

Because they have,  THEIR  (Sophisticated, Purty, Expensive, Rare, Works-Of-ART)  ..   GOOD Guns,

and then there's....

EVERY OTHER GUN EVER MADE.  

Once again,

How many of 'em are boating through New Orleans with Trap Loads?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#25]
cause they suck

seriously: they see ARs just like the media potrays em--EVIL weapons of mass destruction

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I took a hunter acquaitence to the range I belong to this week. He brought his Savage scoped, bolt action rifle to sight it in.

I brought an M1 Garand and a Yugo SKS.

He let me shoot his, then I offered to let him shoot mine. I showed him how they worked because he had never seen them before.

HE WOULD NOT EVEN TOUCH THEM!

He was like, "I would not want to break them..........I shoot better in the woods...........etc." I asked him if he was suffering from "performance anxiety?"

I also told him that unless he planned on running over these rifles with his truck 10-15 times, then he could not break them.

He then said he had to go, then left.

HE WAS SCARED OF AN M1?????
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#27]
real guns for hunters are steel and wood
scary weapons for nuts and criminals are black and have plastic
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:35:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I used to be one of the bolt action crowd at the range.  I used to get REALLY irrate when one of the semi-auto crowd did a magazine dump right next to me with a .308 while I was trying to concentrate on working up a load and trying not to flinch.  Uh, kinda makes it difficult with brass raining down on you.  I have both kinds of guns now, but still think you have to be nice to your range buddies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top