Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 7:40:27 PM EDT
Neither do I.  A friend of mine at work is looking to buy this electronic dart board here:
www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=FIT&pid=00612351000

Anyone ever used this or have recommendations for an electronic dart board or a link to a page that has reviews?  This one is apparently special because it's electronic and doesn't have the little holes in it to "hold" the darts when you throw at it.  It also can accept steel darts.  He did some google searching and could find nothing.  I told him I knew just the place to ask and if no one knew, there was no answer.  

Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
i have had good experiences with the two synthetic cork dart boards that i have played on.  

ETA: i think one of the boards i played on was that kind.  it worked great.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that took 2 minutes.    Thanks Anteverius.

Anyone else??
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Man I need a setup like that, I've always bought the plastic tips darts cause I don't like to keep track manually, our cricket games can get out of hand at times.

Darts is something my friends and I are playing more and more and we're all getting pretty good at but the plastic tips are killing me as of late, I need a real setup that can keep track of scoring.

If the board itself can last, $150 is worth it but only if you play alot.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got 3 or 4 dart trophies from back in the day.  

Darts is a man's game...you play it in a bar, and can even play it with a beer in your hand.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the same setup from Sears.  I love it.  I also have a Boar Bristle Tournament board that I like too.  But for playing around the house while having a few beers, this is great.  I can use either plastic or steel darts.  It has a variety of games that help you hone your skill and keep you from getting bored with it.  The board itself isn't like those found in bars where the tip has to fit into a round hole, but rather is more like boar bristle or a plastic composite that is soft enough to accept the darts and register a hit.  

Definately worth the money.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I play twice a week with friends. I have only used an electronic board once and hated it. The darts would not stick in the board sometimes.

Do yourself a favor and just get a real cork board and be done with it. If you can't keep the darts on the board (even with a few drinks in ya), then maybe darts isn't the game for you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#9]
As a former captain of a dart team for three years, real darts are played on a bristel board, with steel tipped darts, that you can modify the weight and custom flights.

What's all this new fangle plastic syntho Sears stuff? Real men play on real boards and try to do the subtraction of the 501 game (double in and out) while packing down six beers. All the while trying to impress the hot women who appear to be attracted to guys with pointy objects.

Besides that, what you're looking at looks pretty good.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top