Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:15:42 PM EDT
Have you ever been given a hard time because you had one of those worthless man killing assualt rifles.  I shit you not some old guy was disgusted with me because of my m4gery.  My M4gery is pretty tricked out with most of the bells and whistles( Eotech, OTAL, supressor,surefire taclight).
I have never been given so many dirty looks by the hunter crowd.  One older man sad I was doing a disservice to gun owners every wear and people who own man killing weapons like mine were the reason guns will be eventually banned.  This was while we were waiting for a range spot to open up. I tried to claim that his deer rifle was just as much a man killer as my "semiautomatic sporting carbine" he just continued on his tirade.  Not one other shooter would stand by me. I am sure most of them were hunters.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That's when you bump off a beta-c from the shoulder
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell them it's a free fucking country and you can own whatever the hell you want.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Where were you?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
not really my range is club members and guests only.  I make fun of the non EBR types though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems that every range member of my club has an AR, AK, FAL, etc..  I don't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one guy give me some crap at a local shooting area (not really a range).

I just told him to keep his fucking mouth shut, and mind his own business.  Last I heard out of him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
My range used to be like that.........Ever since they have monthly AR-15 shoots which yield approx 150-200 people, everybody has shut up.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have found out that most of these so called hunters are the ones really giving the bad name to gun owners.these guys go out and just blast away at anything that moves. most of the farmers in my area are democrats and not even legal to own guns. they think the 2nd amendment is about deer hunting and only this. I hate farmers that own guns and even with a criminal record they still go hunting.
I hate when assholes come to the range and ask you to sight in thier hunting rifle and then they put down your ar-15. What nerve! Come to the range once a year and then they put down your semi-auto. I have had many bad range encounters with farmer/hunters. Most of these guys don't even have ear plugs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a old guy give me a dirty look when I lit off a .50 BMG.
Guess his glasses flying off his face because he was too close to the side blast wasn't to his liking.

Just kidding, he didn't like that "big" gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I've said it before, I'll say it again.....
As gun owners, they are Our own, worst, enemy!

I like to wait untill I out shoot them with My EBR, then I say I'm going to switch to a bolt gun........ And pull out the .50BMG.

KMA! Mother F**ker!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I get it a lot from old guys at the range, I usually just take it like a bitch cause they control the place and there's no where else around here to go.

"If you want to shoot guns like that, you should have joined the Army." -That never gets old.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I have only had people that wanted to make a comment put down their boring Ruger M77 or Win 3030 and come over and ask me questions about my AR which they obviously wish they had.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I would tell them to "FUCK OFF!"

Assholes like that are why we will all lose our right to own guns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#14]
It kind of made me feel stupid.  I started to wonder why I did have this rifle.  My main reason for having my EBR is that I like to keep the skills I learned in the army current.  Sure I have been out of the army for about three years but, I hope to teach my future children the same skills drill Sergeant Barnes taught me. But still I keep wondering if all those accessories are really necessary.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It kind of made me feel stupid.  I started to wonder why I did have this rifle.  My main reason for having my EBR is that I like to keep the skills I learned in the army current.  Sure I have been out of the army for about three years but, I hope to teach my future children the same skills drill Sergeant Barnes taught me. But still I keep wondering if all those accessories are really necessary.

fuck that.  

You are an American.  If they don't like it, then fuck them.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Next time tell him the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I had an old man at my hometown range ask me what I wa shooting, then he said "oh just soem old war shit"  (pristine M1 Garand, 1911, Minty Webley, etc.)

He kept goign on about how inaccurate war rifles were, until I out shot his hunting rifle (boltgun) with my Garand AND my Webley @50 yards, continued to outshoot him with the Garand.

I have also had hunters and EBR lovers look down on my leverguns, I can still outshoot most aroudn here with my old 25-35 at any range than they can with their superwonder bolt guns and ARs...     Plus it holds more rounds
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#18]
You should of told him that steriotypical poachers like him who go out and get drunk and blast away at other hunters was the real cause of gun control.    
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck that.  

You are an American.  If they don't like it, then fuck them.  

+1. If they don't like it, tell them they can FOAD.

THEY are the reasons your guns are getting banned. Damn "sportsmen" that think the 2nd was just about hunting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Been there, Done that, got the T-shirt
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Can't say that I have had that happen to me.  If/when it does, I will try to remember to say something like "well, at least I have the right to have this rifle, and I'll use it till my death, if need be, to defend your right to have yours .
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Have you ever been given a hard time because you had one of those worthless man killing assualt rifles.  I shit you not some old guy was disgusted with me because of my m4gery.  My M4gery is pretty tricked out with most of the bells and whistles( Eotech, OTAL, supressor,surefire taclight).
I have never been given so many dirty looks by the hunter crowd.  One older man sad I was doing a disservice to gun owners every wear and people who own man killing weapons like mine were the reason guns will be eventually banned.  This was while we were waiting for a range spot to open up. I tried to claim that his deer rifle was just as much a man killer as my "semiautomatic sporting carbine" he just continued on his tirade.  Not one other shooter would stand by me. I am sure most of them were hunters.

You should have picked up a useless "man killing" stick and wacked the old f#@k in the head.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

"If you want to shoot guns like that, you should have joined the Army." -That never gets old.

My reply would have been: "Who do you think taught me how to shoot this "weapon"?"  

(I say weapon, because in the Army or any other branch of the millitary, that's what it's called.  "Gun" is not in the vocabulary.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Tell them it's a free fucking country and you can own whatever the hell you want.

Well, almost everything!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I had an old man at my hometown range ask me what I wa shooting, then he said "oh just soem old war shit"  (pristine M1 Garand, 1911, Minty Webley, etc.)

He kept goign on about how inaccurate war rifles were, until I out shot his hunting rifle (boltgun) with my Garand AND my Webley @50 yards, continued to outshoot him with the Garand.

I have also had hunters and EBR lovers look down on my leverguns, I can still outshoot most aroudn here with my old 25-35 at any range than they can with their superwonder bolt guns and ARs...     Plus it holds more rounds

Whats even better is when you take out a Swiss K31 or Swedish M96 and out-shoot the guys with their super-duper-uber-tactical expensive .308 bolt actions and 100x power scopes. The look they have on their faces after they see what kind of groups that "old war shit" makes is priceless!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#26]
You didn't draw down on him?

Should've smiled politely at him, and then asked if he'd like to shoot your "man killing gun" while you shot his "gun which would never take life."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yeah, I love those "6-shots-per-year" warriors of freedom.
You should've asked him when the last time was that he sat his walnut-stock toting, fat-ass down in front of a pen and paper and actually did something proactive like write his congressman.

Fuck him and the succubus that spawned him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I would have offered him to shoot my rifle, That would have ended the argument. I mean REALLY have you EVER seen anyone put down an AR after shooting with it and NOT have a smile on his/her face?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I love those "6-shots-per-year" warriors of freedom.
You should've asked him when the last time was that he sat his walnut-stock toting, fat-ass down in front of a pen and paper and actually did something proactive like write his congressman.

Fuck him and the succubus that spawned him.

I agree.

In Illinois, this makes up a majority of shooters. i tell them the same thing.

i get a dumbfounded look and they walk away not knowing how that argument backfired on them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I went to the desert to shoot, as soon as I pulled up and took out my ar, the person that was already there packed up his rabit launcher and rifle and took his kids home.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I went to the desert to shoot, as soon as I pulled up and took out my ar, the person that was already there packed up his rabit launcher and rifle and took his kids home.

He probably didnt want the ridicule of his kids.

"Daddy, why cant you get a cool rifle like that guy has got? It looks like it works a lot better than yours"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I always have 2 things I tell these hunter types:

1. If they have a bolt action: If my AK gets banned, I'll be sure to ban your sniper rifle you have over there.

2. If they have a shotgun: If my AK gets banned, I'll be sure to ban your streetsweeper, its not sporting in giving you more than 1 bullet per shot.

This ALWAYS shuts their mouths and usually makes them rethink what just came out of their mouth.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats even better is when you take out a Swiss K31 or Swedish M96 and out-shoot the guys with their super-duper-uber-tactical expensive .308 bolt actions and 100x power scopes. The look they have on their faces after they see what kind of groups that "old war shit" makes is priceless!

With iron sights no less? I know a guy who did the same thing with his Garand. Not intentional, but the guys with the uber bolts with scopes got pissed at their rigs when they found out a IHC M1 shot tighter groups at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#34]
My reply is always the same.  "If we are the militia, what sort of weapons do you suppose we ought to be shooting when the U.N. troops come to take ours away?"

PJ
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I would have offered him to shoot my rifle, That would have ended the argument. I mean REALLY have you EVER seen anyone put down an AR after shooting with it and NOT have a smile on his/her face?

Yup, that has worked every single time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#36]

What can they say when you show up with not one, but several ARs and FALs? I'm planning on getting suppressors next so that ought to really freak them out.

Any deer hunters use suppressors?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With iron sights no less? I know a guy who did the same thing with his Garand. Not intentional, but the guys with the uber bolts with scopes got pissed at their rigs when they found out a IHC M1 shot tighter groups at 200 yards.

The Garand is an inherently accurate shooting system, though I will admit I was shooting relaods that were more accurate than M2 ball......    And as for using Irons against them, most "shoot 5 rounds a year hunters" aim for general hits I have found, 5" groupings at 200 yards are good enough for hunting, I don't think I hve a single firearm that shoots THAT badly, I have three handguns that shoot better than that consistently if I rest on a bench...

I am sick of hunters trying to put me down, I got a load last friday when I hit the range, except that day it was because i was shootign 100 year old winchesters and old 6 guns (also had 2 1911 pistols with me)  soem of the safety violations and accuracy ( or lack thereof) I saw scared the crap out of me
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#38]
tell him that deer, quail, turkey, squirrels, doves, ducks, and other animals DON'T shoot back

but people do, and there are more bad people than dangerous animals where i live

if he says sh*t, tell him to visit the nearest ghetto...

besides, most hunting rifles are more powerful than ARs

and "man killer" rifles like these help keep your right to bear arms, talk sh*t, and be FREE

and i hunt too (and i dont mean people), its just that rapid fire 5.56 is CHEAPER and more fun than hunting rounds....

or maybe, they just envy the fact that YOU have an AR and know how to operate it and they have sniper wannabe rifles, and no fun stuff
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Went to my indoor range today.. Got the stall next to a guy with a 22lr.  I dumped a30 rd mag all at once. Inside, 11.5" bbl is loud to me.. I thought the guy next to me would have a fit.. Instead, I got a big smile from the dude and he asked me to run another one so his kid could watch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#40]
There is a tried and true way of dismissing fuckwads at the range.

I got a "lecture" about my FAL by a goofy codger once, how it was just a loud noisemaker, no good for hunting, blah blah blah.

About halfway into his speech, I looked at him calmly and said "Your opinion means nothing to me", and I turned and kept firing my gun.

He walked away.

It's rewarding to dismiss jerkoffs effectively.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I was out with my 1919 once and had some bench shooter call it a nice toy, could tell by his tone that he didn't really approve of it..   I smiled and said yep sure is fun to shoot.

Another time I had my .50bmg out at the far end of the range and some guy complain about it, and the RO told him I had as much right being there as anyone else.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
There is a tried and true way of dismissing fuckwads at the range.

I got a "lecture" about my FAL by a goofy codger once, how it was just a loud noisemaker, no good for hunting, blah blah blah.

About halfway into his speech, I looked at him calmly and said "Your opinion means nothing to me", and I turned and kept firing my gun.

He walked away.

It's rewarding to dismiss jerkoffs effectively.

Dont have asshats at our range like that but, there was a guy Sunday that came in with his AR out of a case, and on a sling slung around behind him... What a dipshit, one of the guys behind the counter coulda blasted the douchebag. Anyway, he comes in talking about FA and NFA laws bla, bla.. So... I get my targets, earmuff up and go into the rifle side of the range and wait till the dude comes in. Load up the Kimber and shoot a mag.. He does his best rapid fire string.. Target about 20ft. back.. Then  I dump a 30..... Look on the dudes face... Priceless...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I just say that I consider it every Americans responsibility to be armed to the teeth.We hear alot about our rights and any jailhouse lawyer can rattle them off, but what about our responsibilities.The individual has the four boxes that are part of the individuals arsenal of checks and balances.The soap box,if you believe in something then say it loud and try and convince others,open their eyes.The jury box, we are under no obligation to find someone guilty in a trial, a man goes to trial for illegal "assault rifles" you as a juror can say not guilty regardless of proof he broke the law if you believe the law is unjust.The ballot box, get involved in electing officials that will be true to the Constitution.Even people who vote unfailingly every 4 years often don't get involved in local politics,which is a huge mistake.Weeding out the vipers is easier BEFORE they wield real power or have the advantage of incumbency. Finally,the cartridge box,the final and most extreme of the checks and balances.The Founding Fathers were rich and powerful men who knew that signing the Declaration of Independence could (and often did) cost them everything.They revolted as a final recourse when no other way but to submit to injustice or fight was open to them.It's our obligation that this final check always have the teeth to keep the government from being too careless in it's treatment of it's citizens.More than that we must foster and maintain that fire of independence in our hearts that allows a man to leave the safety of his home to fight for the good of the nation.Men like this have grown increasingly rare and I am greatly saddened by it.
"The summer soldier and sunshine patriot will,in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country;but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like Hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.-Thomas Paine 1778
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't see anyone from TEXAS posting range horror stories.

I can't imagine someone saying something like that to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I don't see anyone from TEXAS posting range horror stories.

I can't imagine someone saying something like that to me.

Yeah, to be honest, it's never happened to me while in TX.  I came close, once.  I was shooting next to an old guy, WWII vet with an M1 and a 1911.  He was unimpressed with my AR, but I can only speculate that that had more to do with the terminal ballistics of .30-06 vs 5.56 than with the AR looking evil.

I think it's funny how cops in the South are the guys that are most conducive to private ownership of EBR's.  One time a Tallahassee cop and I were the only ones at the range, and he was doing some failure drills or something with his handgun, but he noticed my brand spanking new Remmy .308 PSS and we started shooting the shit about guns and AR's and such, then he actually GAVE me some Federal Gold Medal match that he apparently just had lying around in his range bag.  Dude, if you happen to be an ARFCOMer, thanks again, it gets the best groups!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I never had this happen at a range, but someone at work gave me the same "why do you need that man killing rifle."

I told him that I owned it because some people needed killing.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#49]
guns will be banned because "gun owners" like him sit around with their thumbs up their butts bitching and moaning about some guns being bad
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#50]
The only shit I got was when I had my AR and some guy told me all the shit I was doing wrong, which he gladly corrected and I happily accepted.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top