[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
MOLON LABE
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the only legal handguns in San Fran anymore are manually operated ones, right?

Like a Savage bolt action pistol?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
California has a preemption law, and San Francisco is going to get the shit sued out of it if it passes and they start arresting people.

ETA: no compensation for seized/forceably surrendered property = unconstitutional, too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think the only legal handguns in San Fran anymore are manually operated ones, right?

The state SC has ruled repeatedly that municipalities can't override state gun laws.  Any gun that you can buy anywhere legally in CA is legal to buy and own in SF.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
So their ban on "small" handguns is not enforceable?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
It baffles me trying to comprehend how liberals think. BANNING GUNS WON'T MAKE EVERY GUN IN THE WORLD SPONTANEOUSLY DISSAPPEAR. CRIMINALS WILL STILL BREAK THE LAW AND USE GUNS ILLEGALLY.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]
a grand canyon size +1

Quoted:
MOLON LABE

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So their ban on "small" handguns is not enforceable?

Theoretically that's right.  But until the courts bitch slap the city enough with losing lawsuits, there may be  some test cases.  I doubt the SFOPD is going to go out of their way to enforce it if they don't get forced to by the Mayor.  Even then the only way somebody is going to get caught is when they use it in a defense situation and the bad publicity will be enormous in that kind of case.  If they catch a criminal committing a regular crime with one, what difference dows it make?

Remember the Rothenberg case for a ccw?  Some of the libs were arguing he needed a ccw.  (Not sure I disagree, sometimes a guy needs killing.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top