Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 3:36:34 PM EDT
I think the two old survivors picked will be Gervis Peterson, and that black chick that shook her finger.

I say this because the pictures of the new cast are all white. So it stands to reason the two previous contestants will be black. I figure those two are the ones with the most audience appeal.

On a further note, I still think the chick from last season was preggers.

M4-AK

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I won't lose any sleep when all this reality TV horseshit goes belly up. I hate those shows.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never watched the show, but I'm all too well aware of it.

One thing that bugs me is that every series takes place in a hot or tropical climate.

Just for once I'd like to see the 'survivors" placed in a cold weather environment... like Siberia, the Yukon or somewhere near the Arctic Circle. Then lets see how long they last.

Then again... the viewers wouldn't tune in if they didn't get to see half-naked, tanned athletic types.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Survivor New Orleans
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I havent ever seen one of those survivor shows....I havent watched network tv in probably 15 years. I have heard enough to understand the premise though.....its weak....want survivor? Join the Marines.....see if these tv pansies can even make it through boot camp. Lets go Army and take the Ranger Challenge.......or hey, here is a great timely series...

SURVIVOR - New Orleans!!!!

Take in a helo and push a bunch of folk out about 50 feet from a flooded area.
Leave them with no supplies, no weapons, and no plan to help them or extract them.

See how long they 'survive'.

I always said that if I was on that show, the first day I would kill all the other people....then i win...I survived, period.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think the two old survivors picked will be Gervis Peterson, and that black chick that shook her finger.

I say this because the pictures of the new cast are all white. So it stands to reason the two previous contestants will be black. I figure those two are the ones with the most audience appeal.

M4-AK

Okay, I found out I'm wrong. It's gonna be 2 white folks. I won't say who. Is Mark Burnett be a racist? Why no blacks. This is a first. maybe  Jessie Jackson will show up and protest. Who knows.

M4-AK

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I didnt watch the first series and still dont give  a crap about it now.

Family Guy, Futurama, and ATHF  and BSG on Fridays is the only reality I need.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont recognize any of them.  I think it's all new players.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I dont recognize any of them.  I think it's all new players.

Shhhhhhh
It's a surprise according to the blogs and on TVguide channel.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd watch it if they made it a real survivor show.

Give 'em a knife, some fishing line, a couple hooks, and a poncho. Give them an "extraction point" that they can go to if they want to quit. Last one in the wild wins.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Give 'em a knife, some fishing line, a couple hooks, and a poncho. Give them an "extraction point" that they can go to if they want to quit. Last one in the wild wins.

Or at least have the contests be a little more real.

Put a floating deck in the middle of a lagoon, chum the water and put 5 million cash on the deck. Each swimmer has a big bloody grouper head strapped to their back as well. Make it a 100yd swim. First one there get the money and gets a hammer to use to keep the others away once he is on the deck.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That would be like watching paint dry.  The Discovery Channel decided to try that, didn't work out too well.  Survivor's essentially about politics, with games and contests to keep the political situation dynamic and unpredictable.  That's the interesting thing about the show.  The contrived "survival" things are interesting insofar as it shows how truly dumb some of those people are, and how it sets the stage for conflict.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm all for "Survivor El Salvador a la 1982".  That would be fun to watch... The "Matchetero" tribe.  Yup.  Entertainment at its finest...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:45:20 AM EDT
[#15]
btt
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Survivor New Orleans

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Bobby Jon and Steph are the...old people.

Nice eye candy on this rendition.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Bobby Jon and Steph are the...old people.

Nice eye candy on this rendition.

Good to see steph back again......nicest eye candy EVAAA!!!!!! I'm gonna watch this one because that part of the world is somewhere I always wanted to visit.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Hogeboom isn't revealing his identity.  

Most of those kids probably have no idea who he even is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I wasn't interested until my wife told me steph was back. My wife asked why my interest perked up, then she hit me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Seems fair.  Those two were very strong competitors but their tribe was the most loosingest tribe in Survivor history.  I think they won ONE food reward (which wasn't even that good, potato chips and margaritas) and lost every damn immunity challenge until only Stephanie was left.  She did pretty well in the new tribe, too.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]
35 minutes in and this is officially the toughest Survivor so far.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#23]
This is the first one where they may actually be struggling to survive. I can't believe how many have gone down so far
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#24]
They've started them off with no food, tools, or water before.  What's so hard about this time?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#25]
The next one should be "Survivor Darfur"

Just drop them off in the middle of Western Sudan by parachute , with only a handgun and one loaded magazine and nothing else and see who escapes alive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
They've started them off with no food, tools, or water before.  What's so hard about this time?

They've never had to take a 24 hour, 11 mile hike to their camps either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Just drop them off in the middle of Western Sudan by parachute , with only a handgun and one loaded magazine and nothing else and see who escapes alive.

I'll take that Pepsi Challenge for 1 mil.
First order of business?
Shoot all the other contestents and take thier ammo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Do you think they gave the ones slipping into heat stroke medical attention off screen before they drifted into death?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Do you think they gave the ones slipping into heat stroke medical attention off screen before they drifted into death?

M4-AK

No.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

M4-AK

Which chick?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4-AK

Which chick?

The chick in the final 2 or 3. I forget her name. She was fatter and fatter as it went on as opposed to skinny and gaunt. At the end show, they showed her very very little. Still looked preggers or post preggers.

M4- AK
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4-AK

Which chick?

The chick in the final 2 or 3. I forget her name. She was fatter and fatter as it went on as opposed to skinny and gaunt. At the end show, they showed her very very little. Still looked preggers or post preggers.

M4- AK

Ok so now I am at the website because I just dont recall this....
here are the 2 chicks who were in the final 4

and

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#33]
The top one. She never got skinny, only plumper. In the final episodes, they would only show glimpses of her body. Usually she wore something that covered her midriff.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4-AK

Which chick?

M4- AK

There's no way on god's green earth the producers of that show would allow a pregnant woman to compete in Survivor.  The liability would be off the charts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Don't forget to save one bullet for yourself in that situation, there is a lot of folks taken as slaves over there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget to save one bullet for yourself in that situation, there is a lot of folks taken as slaves over there.

Great idea.

I really hate what survivor has become. Used to focus some time on every day tasks, needed for SURVIVAL. Now its just bullshit converastions and award challanges. Quite obvious they eat steak every night. I would have eaten RAT every day, a couple of weeks into Survivor:Palau

Bogus crap. With mostly lazy ignorant contestants who would rather lay around all day then work to improve their situation.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great idea.

I really hate what survivor has become. Used to focus some time on every day tasks, needed for SURVIVAL. Now its just bullshit converastions and award challanges. Quite obvious they eat steak every night. I would have eaten RAT every day, a couple of weeks into Survivor:Palau

Bogus crap. With mostly lazy ignorant contestants who would rather lay around all day then work to improve their situation.

No, it's never been about srurvival skills and whatnot.  It's always been about politics, ingratiating yourself to curry favor, flying under the radar to avoid being targeted, deception, etc from the get-go. And there's always been no shortage of blindingly stupid players to laugh at and lazy fucks who refused to pull their weight around camp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top