Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:43:38 PM EDT
OK. My wife is conservative, but has always smirked at me reading the "crazy gun forums" and "wasting time" writing arguments against the libtards. Now after viewing the Oprah broadcast from the Astrodome, in which Oprah basically made 1 hour of unsubstantiated claims about the .gov hating blacks and dragging feet, she is infuriated and wants some ammo for writing a rebuttal to Oprah.

The main points needed are

1)the documents or links to the failed/fraudulent NO disaster plan

2)the release of prisoners prior to the hurricane into the city

3)Bush's fight to make the evacuation mandatory in the face of local/state resistance

4)local/state resistance to federal aid

Thanks guys. Pretty soon, I will have the wifey cleaning bores and giving my rifles names.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest merely showing the NO school buses flooded in their parking lot when they could've been used to take the poor trash out of the city. Ask a liberal why THAT wasn't done & see how hard they sputter???????
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Oprah won't give a shit about such a letter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It is the new American way, blame everything on someone else, play race cards often, throw fuel on the fire, conceal truth. I believe there are many Americans who are not buying it though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm so embarassed that the bitch is from my state...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm so embarassed that the bitch is from my state...

Agreed.  She was raised better than that.  

R.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://www.cityofno.com/portal.aspx?portal=46&tabid=26

..and I think this is a bombshell...  

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3kt.htm
NEW ORLEANS FLASHBACK: OFFICALS WARNED RESIDENTS 'YOU'LL BE ON YOUR OWN'
Mon Sep 05 2005 18:57:15 ET
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Good for your wife, ClayP, and good for you.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It is the new American way, blame everything on someone else, play race cards often, throw fuel on the fire, conceal truth.

Actually, these are straight from the libs' playbook.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+1, But, IMO that's NOT a good reason to NOT write it.

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.cityofno.com/portal.aspx?portal=46&tabid=26

..and I think this is a bombshell...  

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3kt.htm
NEW ORLEANS FLASHBACK: OFFICALS WARNED RESIDENTS 'YOU'LL BE ON YOUR OWN'
Mon Sep 05 2005 18:57:15 ET

Absoilutely! AND, do NOT forget to show a pic of the busses under water, and ask why they weren't mobilized to take the poor and the folks in Nursing homes etc... OUT of the city! BEFORE the Storm HIT!

And PLEASE! Theres 2 sides, PEOPLE were TOLD that they'd be "on their own" if they didn't leave, BUT, a LOT of folks had NO MEANS to leave! (No car, not enough $$ or TIME to make other arraingements, etc...) (THEY WOULD HAVE, had the dumb-assed MAYOR mobilized the BUSSES like the DISASTER PLAN "Layed out"...)

It's the dumb-assed mayor's fault that people DIED (OR their own, if they REFUSED to leave), it's the CONGRESS' fault that the levies weren't adequate. It's Bush's fault that a dumb-ass, inexperienced moof was in charge of FEMA. So Bush MAYBE has 1/3 of 1/3 of the "blame" - MAX. The mayor has at LEAST a FULL 2/3 of the blame.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't worry about Oprah. She is one of the richest women around and comes across to me as very disingenuous and a hypocrite. She lectures about the poor but she still has BILLIONS.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey man!  She gave everyone in her audience new cars once.  Of course, this gesture wasn't so nice when the audience members had to pay something like $4,000 each in gift taxes if they accepted the cars!  Too precious!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

She only wants her "truth".
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#14]
did it ever occur to you that maybe your wife needs to spend more time cooking and cleaning then watching oprah?

BTW your name wouldn't  happen to be Al?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#15]
You play the race card enough times, your eventually gonna win!!!!!! Oprah is a c#$t from head to her fat ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's the dumb-assed mayor's fault that people DIED (OR their own, if they REFUSED to leave), it's the CONGRESS' fault that the levies weren't adequate. It's Bush's fault that a dumb-ass, inexperienced moof was in charge of FEMA. So Bush MAYBE has 1/3 of 1/3 of the "blame" - MAX. The mayor has at LEAST a FULL 2/3 of the blame.

How so?  seriously how is this their fault?   My understanding was that funding for the Levees was a STATE matter, meaning that the State is the one that dropped the ball on that one, I beleive they had plenty of money and time to fix up various arenas and the like prior to the Hurricane (previous few years)
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
did it ever occur to you that maybe your wife needs to spend more time cooking and cleaning then watching oprah?

Sure, but pregnant with twins on bedrest orders gets in the way. I'm fixin my own sammiches.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#18]
From the President on August 28th and a White House press briefing on August 29th.

The 28th was the day BEFORE the storm.

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
August 28, 2005

President Discusses Hurricane Katrina, Congratulates Iraqis on Draft Constitution
Prairie Chapel Ranch
Crawford, Texas

11:31 A.M. CDT

THE PRESIDENT: This morning I spoke with FEMA Undersecretary Mike Brown and emergency management teams not only at the federal level but at the state level about the -- Hurricane Katrina. I've also spoken to Governor Blanco of Louisiana, Governor Barbour of Mississippi, Governor Bush of Florida, and Governor Riley of Alabama. I want to thank all the folks at the federal level and the state level and the local level who have taken this storm seriously. I appreciate the efforts of the governors to prepare their citizenry for this upcoming storm.

Yesterday, I signed a disaster declaration for the state of Louisiana, and this morning I signed a disaster declaration for the state of Mississippi. These declarations will allow federal agencies to coordinate all disaster relief efforts with state and local officials. We will do everything in our power to help the people in the communities affected by this storm.

Hurricane Katrina is now designated a category five hurricane. We cannot stress enough the danger this hurricane poses to Gulf Coast communities. I urge all citizens to put their own safety and the safety of their families first by moving to safe ground. Please listen carefully to instructions provided by state and local officials.

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
August 29, 2005

Press Gaggle with Scott McClellan and Dr. Mark McClellan
Aboard Air Force One
En Route Glendale, Arizona

10:43 A.M. CDT

MR. McCLELLAN: All right, good morning. Another McClellan brothers briefing. I will turn it over to my distinguished brother here in a second, but would like to begin by updating you a little bit on Hurricane Katrina, from our standpoint.

Here shortly some White House officials on board, including Joe Hagin, will be participating in a video conference call with federal and state officials from aboard Air Force One.

Q On the plane?

MR. McCLELLAN: Yes, from the plane. We have video conferencing capability on the plane.

Q Is the President --

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't know if he'll be participating, but I'll try -- I'll keep you posted if he does. I think there is a little bit more of a staff participation in this call. This is something the White House has been doing both from D.C. as well as from Crawford over the last few days. We've been participating in these video conference calls with the federal authorities and with state emergency management operation centers.

The President, this morning, spoke with our FEMA head, Mike Brown. Mike gave the President an update. Katrina remains a dangerous storm. We are coordinating closely with state and local authorities. We continue to urge citizens in those areas to listen to local authorities. Medical assistance teams and rescue teams have been deployed, and we're continuing to coordinate all activities very closely to make sure that the focus is on saving lives. That's where the top priority is right now, and that's where it will remain.

The President also, just a short time ago, approved emergency -- approved major disaster declarations for the states of Louisiana and Mississippi. This will allow federal funds to start being used to deploy resources to help in those two states. This is something that was done verbally, and the states have been -- the governors of those states have been notified of that approval.

And I think that's the latest update I have, in terms of Katrina. And with -- I'm sorry --

Q This is a semantic thing, I guess, but what's the difference between the disaster declarations he made over the weekend and what he's doing this morning?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, the ones yesterday enabled federal authorities really to pre-position supplies and teams so that they were in close -- in full coordination with state and local partners. Today really allows FEMA now to start drawing down or using federal funds to get resources to those areas to help with the response and recovery from this disaster.

Q What about the oil reserve? Is he going to make a decision about whether to release?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, as far as that, the Department of Energy is monitoring the situation. They will make assessments as they are able to do so, and that's really where it stands right now.

Q It has not been released?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, yes -- I mean, it's something that the Department of Energy will continue to monitor, and then they'll make assessments. And that's really where it stands right now.

Q When do you expect to hear some sort of decision from them?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, first of all, with the storm still over the impacted region, I'm not sure that they are -- I'm not sure what the status is, in terms of DOE being able to make the assessments they need in order to make any decisions, or to make any recommendations for a decision to be made. I know that they have people in the region, as well as back in Washington, who are continuing to monitor the situation, and they'll be making the assessments. I would encourage you to stay in touch with the Department of Energy in the short-term. Obviously, that is -- the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is there for emergency situations, and that would include natural disasters. But it's just too early to know at this point.

Q What is he expecting, the ability to produce gasoline and oil to refine, or are they assessing just the need?

MR. McCLELLAN: I think you should talk to the Department of Energy about that. I mean, they'll have to make assessments based on the damage from the storm.

Q Do you know if any refineries have requested releases?

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't. You'd have to check with Department of Energy on that.

Q They point out concerns -- I mean, production is at a standstill now, and you've got --

MR. McCLELLAN: That's why Department of Energy is on top of this, and they're looking at all these issues.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top