Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 2:40:26 PM EDT
I was driving home from Georgia Tech today after proctoring an exam and decided to take the scenic route by Atlantic Station so I could see the tall shining skyscrapers in the sharp blue sky.  

But something was amiss.  There was a new tower that I had not noticed last week.  There was also what looked like a large spherical storage tank near it.

Then I realized that it was a new mosque that was about half constructed.  I drove by it to check it out and it is right on State and 14th downtown, 4 blocks from Tech.  

Not that I think that all Muslims are dangerous but I am wondering what kind of teachings are going to be taught at this particular mosque.  I am not thrilled.

By the way, the 10th most populous foreign student body at Georgia Tech is now Iranian.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
How are you doing on ammo?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Tannerite.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
See my other thread about today's delivery:

1000 7.62x39
1000 .308
10 20-round M1A magazines
One Fox Labs grenade
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The Australian government monitors what's preached in mosques now.  They don't want the crazies inciting the Muslims to violence and jihad like the British allowed under the aegis of religious freedom.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
<Image removed.  4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Stop by and take pictures every chance you get! It will drive them apeshit!

Oh yeah, don't forget to take notes in a small notebook also.  Wear dark shades and drive a Crown Vic with the windows blacked out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep in mind that traditional mid-eastern muslims hate Christians, and black American muslims hate Whitey.  I'm just sayin'.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

1000 7.62x39
1000 .308
One Fox Labs grenade

sorry, I don't think that's enough.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Oh yeah, don't forget to take notes in a small notebook also.  Wear dark shades and drive a Crown Vic with the windows blacked out.

+1, I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Thank you. I do what I can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1000 7.62x39
1000 .308
One Fox Labs grenade

sorry, I don't think that's enough.

+1

you need more
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Come up with a plan that will generate tax revenue for the city; seize the mosque; build a strip club.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I think that applying the dreaded Kelo to the mosque is a damn good idea.  God knows Tech could use a strip club nearby.  

Do you know why Georgia Tech is an institute and not a university?  Because if it were a university there would be an implicit  promise that you would get laid at least once.  

But seriously, I have more ammo than that.  Lemme see . . .

I have five longarms and eleven sidearms, with about 4000 rounds total.  

More?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]
A new terrorist training facility.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think that applying the dreaded Kelo to the mosque is a damn good idea.  God knows Tech could use a strip club nearby.  

Do you know why Georgia Tech is an institute and not a university?  Because if it were a university there would be an implicit  promise that you would get laid at least once.  

But seriously, I have more ammo than that.  Lemme see . . .

I have five longarms and eleven sidearms, with about 4000 rounds total.  

More?

Of course you need more!  You can never have enough ammo.  poor me, I only have 20 rds of M855 Penetrator right now  I always get ammo on the way to the range.  After I finally get home after a day at the range, I go to bring it back in the house and it has all magically disappeared.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#16]
A church would have been forbidden by zoning for the site, it wouldn't have generated any tax revenue.

My guess is a heaping helping of graft and corruption from City of Atlanta and Fulton County allowed this deal to sail through.

Gotta do more to counterbalance those Republican-voting church-going minorities in the city of blue in the ocean of red!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Get five pigs number them 1235 turn them loose in there then
If this don't work send in this guy
 Or buy a big RC airplane and crash it into it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I was thinking of applying to be the guy who shouts "AAAAAAALLLLLLAAAAAHUUUUU AAAAKBAAAARR!" every morning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#19]
RFAA EEDAYK is the phonetic pronounciation of "Hands Up" in Arabic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#20]
There has been a place in Central NJ that I have passed more times than I can count...big sign out onthe highway that states "Islamic Society" or some shit like that. I try to be a decent Christian and not judge, but damn if I don't cringe everytime I pass that place when I am in that state.

I cant help but feel the way I do given the past several years experiences.
Hopefully the place is just like any other church....still, I wouldnt at all be surprised to hear about the place on the news someday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#21]
You'll be fine.
How many mosques are there in America?
How many homegrown muslim terrorists have there been?

But....as with EVERYTHING situational awareness counts.
Don't think all Muslims are the enemy - but remember radical Islam is.
Just keep your wits about you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#22]
We have a mosque not far from here too, I think I need an Infidel t shirt to wear nearby when I am out walking....

I also need enough ammo to make a fort.....   for defence don't you know  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You'll be fine.
How many mosques are there in America?
How many homegrown muslim terrorists have there been?

But....as with EVERYTHING situational awareness counts.
Don't think all Muslims are the enemy - but remember radical Islam is.
Just keep your wits about you.

Don't be a killjoy. Aggravating the ROP'ers is great fun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2  Everyone needs more than one hobby

leave spent casings around the doors

or is that considered a threat in georgia?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Add to this - start writing down the license plate numbers of every car parked near there, like the FBI did during the Mafia "summits".  They'll like that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#27]
See post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top