Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 11:46:28 AM EDT
I have a 2 year old that I thought would start to calm down but this maniac just does not get it. I have tried and tried to train her not to jump up on people and to stay but to no avail. She'll sit on command for a second or two and then she is gone. How'd you get your husky to calm the hell down?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I Owned a Husky for 15 Years before he passed in 2002, He was the same way, Like he had doggy ADD or something. He had a passionate hatred of cats, He stalked & Killed more than a few, Although he never even growled at a Human being, I once came home to find the Phone company workers (Running cable) sitting in my backyard petting the dog; A watchdog he was not!!.
He only calmed down when he was older.
My sister has 2 Huskys, The Male is a nice calm dog, The Female is Nuts, Nothing my sister  has tried will calm her down.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I Owned a Husky for 15 Years before he passed in 2002, He was the same way, Like he had doggy ADD or something. He had a passionate hatred of cats, He stalked & Killed more than a few, Although he never even growled at a Human being, I once came home to find the Phone company workers (Running cable) sitting in my backyard petting the dog; A watchdog he was not!!.
My sister has 2 Huskys, The Male is a nice calm dog, The Female is Nuts, Nothing my sister  has tried will calm her down.

That pretty much sums it up.  I have owned a male Husky for 12 years now and he is just now starting to calm down.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember when I was about 8 we had one............. that dog was one hyper mofo.............. you couldn't keep him in the back yard, he would just leap over the fence like a deer...........

That was the only dog we had that my dad would allow in the house!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
that sounds like mine too, if company comes over he gets soo excited he almost tips over the love seat bouncing around  it  and hes only 43 pounds

hates other animals, and stray male dogs but loves people and kids

with mine he just loves attention and loves to be around people and has to be the center of attention

oh in addition, of he gets off the leash, hes gone, he will run for miles befor he gets tired,
happened once and found him a few miles up the road luckely
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew  this scrawny guy named Bill who who bought 2 Malamutes to breed,now he's a husky fucker............................sorry I had to tell that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Well judging by all who have replied, it seems like I am stuck with this overactive hyper nut job then. Wonderful  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well judging by all who have replied, it seems like I am stuck with this overactive hyper nut job then. Wonderful  

You are!  At 5 years mine's brain is gone the minute a new person arrives in the house.  I have to put him behind a baby gate to let him calm down for 30 minutes before he is allowed out.  People who know him know to grab his rope and play tug for a minute.  That gets the excitement worked out so they can sit for a minute in peace and his brain returns long enough to obey a command.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Mine lives for the oppertunity to kill squirrels or any cat that crosses his line of sight.  My wife had a cat before we married.  I knew not about the Husky's rep as a cat killer.  We came home one night to find the cat clinging to some clothes in the closet and my 5 month old Husky trying to dismantle the entire place to get to where it was.  We got rid of the cat but it spent about 4 months trapped in one room with a dog sitting outside the gate staring at it like a roast turkey.   Try thinking of the scene in "Alien".

This is not a cat friendly house
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top