Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 11:39:42 AM EDT
I'm building a 12 - 18" deep divider that will be 6 - 8" wide to partition out my landscape from my Bermuda (which only wants to grow in my landscaping apparantly).

the wall will be about 16' long, with a semicircle on the end with a radius of approx. 2.5'.

What is the best way to lay the forms the semi circle?

Should I use rebar or will this be one of these projects that really won't need it?

How many yards of concrete will I need?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
For the amount of concrete, click here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Concrete cracks.  Rebar holds it together.  Your choice here.

You can use MDF or plywood and flex it around metal stakes, all of which are available at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Concrete cracks.  Rebar holds it together.  Your choice here.

You can use MDF or plywood and flex it around metal stakes, all of which are available at Home Depot.

Particular size plywood I should look at?

Something like 11/32" I imagine?

Next question would be does rebar bend to make circles?  Such as would I need to use a pipe bender to make it?

Thanks for the calculator link MC_man.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
No need to use the heavy duty rebars, steel mesh will do it in that case and be easier to work with.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No need to use the heavy duty rebars, steel mesh will do it in that case and be easier to work with.  

Just get 1/4 or 3/8 rebar.  It bends by hand.  Plywood 3/8 to 1/2.  I am sure there is a commercial product like bender board out there.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Good idea about the rebar, but I was thinking along the lines of 1/4" plywood.   Or even old wood paneling.

MDF (medium density fiberboard) is stiff and basically sawdust particle board (used in speaker box construction).   I don't think that stuff will bend easily and will want to break rather than flex.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, thanks for the info.  

This is why I asked... didn't know rebar came in different sizes.  Wil have to look for the small stuff.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Masonite will flex.  Do not get "tempered" though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top