Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 11:34:02 AM EDT
Some asswipe decided to swing their car door open with such force it put a nice dent in my 02 Superduty. It  is not very big, just annoying. Has anybody ever had any experiences with those places that do Paintless Dent Repair?
Looking for pro's and con's.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Had it done to my truck. Took out 99% of the dent. Cost about $25.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a friend who  used Dent  Genie and to this day I can't tell where it was in his door....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't promise it will work for your dent, but I had a dent that absolutely cannot be seen at all and I have pictures of where it was. No shadow, no nothing. Absolutely perfect.

Take it and have it looked at.

m4-ak

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
They did a PERFECT job on my dent.  Not on my car but the top tube of my Cannondale bicycle.  Cannondales use oversize, thin wall aluminum tubing which can dent easily.  

The paint is PERFECT and since aluminum has a higher thermal expansion coefficient, it works even better.

You cannot go wrong with trying.  I would recommend AGAINST using the DIY kit that requires gluing a pull pad on the surface.  These will frequently peel paint unless it is a very minor dent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Whar's one of dem places in Atlanter?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used the local place several times and nobody could ever tell, even when i was doing the car shows. I had just had a couple dings taken out of my passenger door and scored a 9.5 on paint in a show the nex day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Atlanter.  Do we have one here?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top