Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:22:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
One of the reasons I completed a First Responder program this summer and start EMT this fall.

My CPR knowledge (decades ago) was way outta date.

Check with your local community college for classes, they are VERY inexpensive, and potentially invaluable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Help as you are able - Just recall that a favorite tactic right now in Iraq as well as Israel is to set one bomb off, then wait for the emergency responders to show up and then detonate another one in their midst.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Given the proclivity of "real" terrorist to place secondary explosives in close proximity to the first explosion, in order to take out the first responders.

Why would one be rushing to help out?

(don't get me wrong I tend toward wearing the good Samaritan hat myself, but wondered if this is factor into your query)

Mike
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Help as you are able - Just recall that a favorite tactic right now in Iraq as well as Israel is to set one bomb off, then wait for the emergency responders to show up and then detonate another one in their midst.

How do you go about defending yourself against that?

Stay low, be cautious and observant. Enter the scene like a dynamic entry.

But if a secondary goes off.......
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Ignore all the facts and blame President Bush.  

R.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you go about defending yourself against that?

That's just it, I don't see how you could.

Strictly IMHO... You grab your family and the closest few people that will listen (chances are they're in shock and assuming you aren't as well and have your wits about you, they should hopefully listen to sharp verbal commands) and lead them away from where the bomb went off and await the authorities/medical personnel should anyone need patching up.

I personally don't know what more you could do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I just plan on bump firing bird shot out of my coach gun!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top