Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:35:33 AM EDT
Please only post to explain your poll vote.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP

I have never dealt with them......

because of a LOT of reported problems.

And the owner USED to be a member here and consistently showed his ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IBTP

hehehehehe  cute
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought an upper from them once and had no problems. I have seen others complain about them but my experience was good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#4]
have been to the store a couiple of times, the dog is cool, good prices, if you are ordering  something just make sure it is in stock.
i wouild do bbusiness with them anytime
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IBTP

I have never dealt with them......

because of a LOT of reported problems.

And the owner USED to be a member here and consistently showed his ass.

only one problem that i know of, and that member refused to send something back even after he got a refund, and starts shit about rguns whenever he gets a chance
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I've bought parts from them in the past. Went pretty smooth for me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I have spent plenty of money there, and never had any problems.

However, I should mention that I have done all of my business in the store, and the horror stories that I've seen on the internet all deal with mail order situations.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I asked the owner to explain a simple claim they made, he dodged, insulted, and avoided answering the question (because his claims were false) and sent profanity and insults to me via IM.

He had a long past on here of juvenile behavior, insults, and barely literate posts.

Go to the archive server and search for RGUNS in subject and rogernut or KMA as reply authors. Go back to early 2002 or late 2001. If you still wish to spend your money there then go right ahead.... some people were warned a hurricane was coming and stayed in NOLA too................

Oh, and the owner has a felony conviction for impersonating a  LEO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I've dealt with them several times, little pricey, but fair.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Aren't there TWO "rguns"? One is good, the other is unbelievably bad.  He writes scathing, cursing emails to any customer that asks whether their stuff is, etc.   I can't remember which one is the good one! I don't think the "bad" rguns actually had a real storefront.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I found their customer service to be sorely lacking and would not do business with them again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]
i got a couple lowers from them. They were kind of short, and unfriendly sounding on the phone, but everythng was fine with the order. I'd order from them again if they had something I really wanted.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought an upper from them in 1999. No problems and it was a decent price at the time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Aren't there TWO "rguns"? One is good, the other is unbelievably bad.  He writes scathing, cursing emails to any customer that asks whether their stuff is, etc.   I can't remember which one is the good one! I don't think the "bad" rguns actually had a real storefront.

The bad one is in Illinois.

The other one is in Texas.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I found their customer service to be sorely lacking and would not do business with them again.

+1.  They were tardy with a shipment and you can usually beaat their prices.  I have no reason to shop there again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The "bad" Rguns is the one in Illinois, but if you ask anyone local, they aren't bad at all.

I don't know of anyone that has ever had a problem with them in a face to face deal.  When I bought my Glock 19 there right after the ban, they even traded me two LE/MIL only hi caps for the 10 rounders that came with the gun, no charge.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#17]
thjis begs the question, why would Krebs deal with them then?  Krebs has a great name, Rguns apparently does not....  what's the deal here?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
thjis begs the question, why would Krebs deal with them then?  Krebs has a great name, Rguns apparently does not....  what's the deal here?

Maybe they have cleaned up their act?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Bought some mags form them about 3 years ago.  Didn't have any problems.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just wrote an email to Krebs asking them, they've been up front with me before, I'll report back with the reply.  Told them straight out, I'm willing to lay out the cheese for a rifle, but not through Rguns and asked them why they would risk their great name to associsate with at best a questionable name......
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I have delt with them 6-7 times in as many years. (Illinois) Good prices and items in stock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I have resurrected my drjarhead acount as to use my my new handle would be disengenuous:

Quoted:

only one problem that i know of, and that member refused to send something back even after he got a refund, and starts shit about rguns whenever he gets a chance

I believe this is a reference to me though considerable editorial freedom is taken in the way this is stated. As such, it is

Chargeback thru CC company. He whined like a girl to the CC Company through the entire escapade.
A$$hole still refused to take the crap he was pushing back.

Nor am I the only one. Not hardly.

I have told my story at least a dozen times here so a search should turn it up, check the Archives if you are so inclined. I just avoid Roger, the convicted felon, like the plague.

YMMV
Good luck, you may need it.

Oh, and Bob, get your story straight before you talk out your ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just wrote an email to Krebs asking them, they've been up front with me before, I'll report back with the reply.  Told them straight out, I'm willing to lay out the cheese for a rifle, but not through Rguns and asked them why they would risk their great name to associsate with at best a questionable name......

Not to mention Colt and DSA.
Maybe the guy has someone who meets with them and perhaps they have never really met Mr. Crawl.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to mention Colt and DSA.
Maybe the guy has someone who meets with them and perhaps they have never really met Mr. Crawl.

Colt and DSA, you buy enough you're a dealer.  Krebs gave them exclusive KTR rights....  I don't get it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#25]
"coppy to police"
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#26]
the guy has a criminal record, posted repeatedly on here as both rguns and KMA (kiss my ass) posting barely intelligible posts full of profanity and insults, he sends horrid emails to people if they even ask a question he doesnt like, his customer service is horrible. etc etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:51:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#28]
tag , crap I was wanting to get a Krebs's  rifle this winter. Hope that e-mail comes back with positive news.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#29]
as usual response was super-quick.  ETA: I had asked thewm a) why they went into business with Rguns and b) if I could buy all teh parts and build it myself.  I just sent them a follow up about a direct purchase....will report back with answer.

Dear Marc:
     RGuns was extremely helpful to Krebs Custom in getting the KTR project "off the ground".  As a result, Marc Krebs, our owner, gave RGuns an exclusive on the KTR rifle for a period of time.
    You won't be able to build a KTR from parts, as the front sight/gas block, gas tube, fore-end, receiver cover sight, and thumb safety are all custom parts, and are not avaialble for sale as separate items.
    If you have some specific problem with RGuns concerning our rifles, please let us know and we'll see what we can do to help.
    Thanks for your interest in Krebs Custom.

Brian J. Conrad
Manager
Krebs Custom, Inc.    

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I've bought from them a couple different times, thought they were rude and un-friendly as hell, can't complain about the product or price though.  

Probably won't deal with them again because of their attitude though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Bought some mags form them about 3 years ago.  Didn't have any problems.

+1

2 years ago for me.

Make sure what you want is IN STOCK.  Do not wait for a backorder to be filled.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#32]
I have never had a problem with RGuns (Illinois)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Waited for mags, never came. Asked for a refund, took 2 weeks, still had to find my order because they hadn't gotten to it yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Got a reply from Krebs, it was very good.  Had what I wanted to hear (wink wink) but don't want to post it till I get approval from them.  They also want to hear abou thte horror stories re: Rguns.  Anyone have some good links or archive links.  An archive search of rguns doesn't yield too much.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Got a reply from Krebs, it was very good.  Had what I wanted to hear (wink wink) but don't want to post it till I get approval from them.  They also want to hear abou thte horror stories re: Rguns.  Anyone have some good links or archive links.  An archive search of rguns doesn't yield too much.

GUN DEALER GUILTY OF IMPERSONATING COPS
Chicago Tribune; Chicago, Ill.; Oct 17, 1997; Jerry Crimmins.

A gun dealer who owns R Guns, 140 N. Western Ave., Carpentersville, pleaded guilty in Kane County Circuit Court this week to impersonating a police officer, said Jerry Singer, a spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

The charge is a felony and the gun dealer, Roger Lee Krahl, will lose his federal firearms license, said Singer.

Judge James Doyle sentenced Krahl to 18 months' probation.

Singer said Krahl, 33, of Algonquin, used letterheads from more than a dozen police departments to make it seem he was a police officer when he placed orders for assault weapons from manufacturers.
Krahl used the letterheads to buy more than 100 assault weapons and accessories.

Copyright Chicago Tribune Co. Oct 17, 1997
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GUN DEALER GUILTY OF IMPERSONATING COPS
Chicago Tribune; Chicago, Ill.; Oct 17, 1997; Jerry Crimmins.

A gun dealer who owns R Guns, 140 N. Western Ave., Carpentersville, pleaded guilty in Kane County Circuit Court this week to impersonating a police officer, said Jerry Singer, a spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

The charge is a felony and the gun dealer, Roger Lee Krahl, will lose his federal firearms license, said Singer.

Judge James Doyle sentenced Krahl to 18 months' probation.

Singer said Krahl, 33, of Algonquin, used letterheads from more than a dozen police departments to make it seem he was a police officer when he placed orders for assault weapons from manufacturers.
Krahl used the letterheads to buy more than 100 assault weapons and accessories.

Copyright Chicago Tribune Co. Oct 17, 1997

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#38]
How does a convicted felon manage to keep his store?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The FFL is in another family members name now IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The FFL is in another family members name now IIRC.

Told krebs, awaiting response.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#42]
I dealt with them twice, both are "good experience", but that was just before the now sunset federal AW ban.

Ordered Glock 18 magazines plus some other stuff from them, did not receive package for 2 weeks, so I called them inquiring about my order.  They said they have sent out the order the next day I ordered, but since it have been two weeks, they will be sending out a replacement order.  A week later, I received two separate packages, same order, same shipping date.  I called and fax them, telling them I received duplicated order, and need RMA number and instructions to return the extra order, and they did not return my phone call or order.  I wind up with extra G-18 mags, oh well, I guess I am satisfy with that order.

Shortly after the first order, I ordered several Colt M-16 mags from them, and again, did not receive the order for two weeks, so I called to inquire about my order. This time they admid, they put in the wrong address, and will be sending out a replacement order.  A week later, I received both the replacement order and a UPS notification to pick up my previous order (the residence of the wrong address knows me, and they corrected the address), and I picked those up too.  Called and fax them again concerning the double order, never receive a return call or fax, so I kept both orders.  Lightning strike twice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top