Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 9:33:12 AM EDT
They are both about the same price.  Scorpion has slightly better throw.  Seem to be about the same size.  Which one will hold up to more abuse?  I wasn't sure what forum to put this in.  Anyways anyone have experience with both?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a scorpion and am very happy with it. I used to carry it for work and it did well in the field.

It is now mounted on the front of my ultralight carbine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both and I think the Surefire is a little larger and longer than the Streamlight and has a Lexan lens(?). Not sure about the Scorpion. The Scorp has a rubber covered aluminun body, and is easier to hold between two fingers while shooting. I think they both work well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I went with the Scorpion.  I just liked it better, good reasoning huh.  Both are nice inexpensive lights.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went with the Scorpion.  I just liked it better, good reasoning huh.  Both are nice inexpensive lights.

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both and the Scorpion is a much better light IMO.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Nitrolon
Get the G2Z Combat Light Version......you will be much happier with the rubber 'boot' vs. the regular nitrolon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the G2 Nitrolon for outdoor use in the winter. The plastic body does not wich away heat like the rubber-covered aluminum Streamlight does. After I bought the G2, I gave my Streamlight away to a friend.

I usually have my Z2 Combat for everyday use. I only use the G2 when it's cold outside, or I have to hold it in my mouth. I know. Yuck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got both, and I prefer the G2, especially after I added the anti-shock bezel and the pressure switch.  

I don't like the rubber switch on the Streamlight, and the light itself is not as focused or sharp as the G2.  YMMV, though.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#9]
My Scorpion throws a pretty spotty pattern. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I've owned 2 surefires.  a 6P that worked great, but tended to eat batteries.  So then I went for a rechargeable (I forget the model), but after they replaced the battery TWICE, it still wouldn't hold a charge for more than a day when it was sitting there turned off.

I'm 2 years into a Streamlight Strion, and that is one heck of a go to light.

My sister (Boston EMT) carries the bigger Streamlight Stinger, and last Christmas I gave one to my dad.

I know there are a ton of surefire fanboiz on the gun boards, but these days you couldn't give me one for free.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've owned 2 surefires.  a 6P that worked great, but tended to eat batteries.  So then I went for a rechargeable (I forget the model), but after they replaced the battery TWICE, it still wouldn't hold a charge for more than a day when it was sitting there turned off.

I'm 2 years into a Streamlight Strion, and that is one heck of a go to light.

My sister (Boston EMT) carries the bigger Streamlight Stinger, and last Christmas I gave one to my dad.

I know there are a ton of surefire fanboiz on the gun boards, but these days you couldn't give me one for free.

Since he won't take them for free, you can give your free ones to me, I will take them.  Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top