Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 9:30:12 AM EDT
Another thread asked the question of what you thought the top 10 SHTF scenerios are.

My response was widespread terrorist attacks, such as carbombs and suicide bombers. I think this is the next progression that they will take given the examples we have seen around the world.

Here is the scenerio;
Multiple suicide/car bombs go off accross the country. In crowded malls, shopping cneters, sports gathers and schools. Kills hundreds of men women and shildren. No big targets, only small town america.

What would you do and how do you think people would react in large numbers?
CH

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Gear up and block off the road here. Lots of people running around causing bigger problems.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Strip naked and run around in circles firing blindly into the air.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Depress lips to ass [/salute]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
...hmmm...

1: I'd bug-home ASAP and ensure the wife and my house was secure.

2: Prepare for bugout should the situation become untenable and commence loading every magazine I have...

3: I'd see if we could seal the block off with vehicles.

4: Try to establish comms with my family (read: call them on the phone ) and ensure they were all safe.

5: If power was out, get the genset up and running. If we still have power, I'd tune in to local TV to see how our area was affected.

6: Take stock/inventory of the current level of food/water/other necessities in the house. Toidy paper especially.

... then just ride it out as best as possible...

Edit: How do I think others would react? Well... I bet (just as happens with riot situations) people will be SUPER paranoid and even people that hate guns will be begging others for them. Most people are probably less than a week from running out of food so there would be a major run on food at the grocery stores. I don't even want to think what a place like Meijers would be like... It would take a very level headed type person to corral, say, a block's worth of resources and people to get a watch going, barricades erected, and security established.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Federal law guranteeing concealed and open carry nationwide without restrictions.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

While yelling here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the Mayor and FEMA in on it, no wait.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
take a bulldozer to every mosque in America
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont go to malls or shops, dont take mass transit, and feel my exposure to such an attack is fortunately very small. Upon hearing of something like this, unfortunately, there isnt a lot I can do, so I wouldnt change much. May start carrying extra mags for my CCW, but other than that...just continue as always to keep my situational awareness as tuned up as I can.

Fun world we live in these days.....when I grew up (during the cold war) the big fear was getting wiped out with a nuclear war....there wasnt a lot of anxiety because the idea of surviving was limited, and at the time, no one really focused on the ones left behind....we just had this idea that we would be turned to dust, vaporized immediately.

I grow up to find that we are fighting a damn ground war on MY OWN GROUND...wtf happened?
Oh well...I stay armed, and I keep my bug out gear handy....that all I can do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Federal law guranteeing concealed and open carry nationwide without restrictions.

Jim

I couldn't agree more.  I have believed for a while that the only way for some people to truly wake up is if an attack of some sort is twarted by a person or persons exercising their 2nd Amendment Right.  

Blake
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]
1) Start and finish a bugout kit that was and continues to be neglected.  
2) Map the locations of the attacks to figure out if my area is at risk
3) Review locations of local mosques... good info to know.
4) Contact family and ensure that THEY are doing the same as above.
5) Decide on a target location to bug out to should the need arise.

- BG

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Steal a THOR missle and ride it straight into Mecca...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Scream, panic and then.........run like hell

Mark
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You forgot to get drunk first!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#15]
1.  Take a shower
2.  Don my smoking jacket and ascot
3.  Ask Jeeves for some chilled Beluga
4.  Put a fresh cigarette in my ivory holder and puff astutely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top