Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2001 6:28:50 AM EDT
I'm having trouble breaking in some leather.  Item #1 is a Galco FLETCH holster for a Glock 19.  The leather seems to be at the point where it is soft, but the gun is still very difficult to draw.  Next item is a Galco Concealable also for the G19.  It is a little better off than the FLETCH, but not much.  I have a Concealable for my 1911, and it didn't take nearly as long.  Final item is a Galco handcuff case.  The leather is soft now, but I can't get the stupid snap to shut without using both hands and really clamping down.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chimborazo
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I fought Galco for a lot of years. What I always ended up doing was putting the items in the carriers and putting them in my gun safe for a couple of weeks to loosen up everything. As far as the cuff case I have the model that goes on the shoulder holster or belt, and it's still impossible to put in with 1 hand. I don't use it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
DOH!!  That's the cuff case that I have...what did you end up using?  Does Mitch Rosen make a good one?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]
FIST Holsters (Jim Murnak) says they use silicone spray for break-in. Their holsters are pretty tight as delivered, even the ones without hand boning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top