Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:37:10 AM EDT

TAMPA, Florida (AP) -- A small squirrel caused a big fire at a Tampa power substation Sunday night.

The fire cut the power to about two thousand customers for about four hours.

TECO Energy spokesman Ross Bannister says all the customers could turn their lights back on by ten p-m.

The spokesman says the squirrel got into a transformer, causing a short.

Black smoke and big flames rising from the substation could be seen for miles around before the fire department dampened the blaze with foam.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Al Qaeda Suicide  Squirrel!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#2]
you know they are hurting..  just look at what they are recruiting..

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if I buy this explanation...it seems a bit...squirrelly...to me.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushy tail = GW Bush's fault.

G
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking the little guy was with the VC...the Varmint Cong.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I give PETA three hours or less to weigh in on this story.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been saying this for years..."All squirrels must die."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I give PETA three hours or less to weigh in on this story.

It happened last night.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#9]
We had a critter blow up a whole fucking switching station not too long ago in PHX. The breaker failed, and it smoked the big trasformer. We had to float one in from Washington, and then the dumb shits dropped it. Cut out power availability by half, and we still didn't have to do rolling black outs!

All electrical things run on magic smoke. Squirrels and cats know the spell to let the smoke out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We had a critter blow up a whole fucking switching station not too long ago in PHX. The breaker failed, and it smoked the big trasformer. We had to float one in from Washington, and then the dumb shits dropped it. Cut out power availability by half, and we still didn't have to do rolling black outs!

All electrical things run on magic smoke. Squirrels and cats know the spell to let the smoke out.

The real bitch is trying to catch all that smoke and put it back in.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Squirrels like to short out church transformers around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top