Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/6/2005 5:31:09 AM EDT

He was attempting a rescue, and his boat started leaking! Bail with that cup, boy! That had to be a setup from some LA good 'ole boys who hate Hollywood leftists.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahh Yes; the red cup of relief.

Well, he gave it a shot; still got his photo op

Speed
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
what kinda weak ass BA is that?  Fag BA?

editted for spelling
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
That cup was probably fot the keg of beer that was on the boat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
So why are we ripping him when he's down there trying to help?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Too funny.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Because regardless of his intentions, he is still a leftist asshat, who when given a choice will side with America's enemies....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice body armor...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Because those that are in the Film Actors Guild are great comedians
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Because he brought his personal photographer.

Doesn't like the poperazzi, but hey, bring your own for a photo-op and it's OK.  Hey, it's good he's trying to help, but it's just a transparent PR stunt.  He has rescued his two poor folk, now he'll leave and tell us all he did it because Bush couldn't.

ETA:  He has some money, I hope he donated some money and blood.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The story goes that he had so many people in the boat to capture his "rescue mission" that there wouldn't have been room for anyone that actually needed to be rescued.  On top of that is his view that Bush is an idiot and Hollywood was here to save the day.  Well who's the idiot now?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#12]

I wish.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:52:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because those that are in the Film Actors Guild are great comedians

Ah yes...FAG!

The ass forgot to put the plug in the boat!

Helping is one thing, but when you bring a camera crew it's called grandstanding.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It's Liberalism at it's finest. Remember when Sheehan was grieving with "Reverend" Al? A zoomed out camera shot showed it was just a setup. That's what Sean Penn was trying to do.

Oh sob, the mother who lost her son in war!

It's a setup Jimmah!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Anyone that takes their own personal photographer with them to save people, is usually a asshat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:01:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
cache.gettyimages.com/comp/54517855.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=9F7C3B8678E0E0ABFAF324C52D75C66EA9C30E9B9B114CE8
He was attempting a rescue, and his boat starting leaking! Bail with that cup, boy! That had to be a setup from some LA good 'ole boys who hate Hollywood leftists.

It didnt "start" leaking, the morons forgot to put in the bilge drain plug.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:02:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone that takes their own personal photographer with them to save people, is usually a asshat.

Yeah if he was trying to help he 1)wouldn't go out of his way to be attention 2)would be able to actually help people instead of NEEDING help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#18]

GM
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It didnt "start" leaking, the morons forgot to put in the bilge drain plug.

No kidding?!?! Oh my, that photo is funnier than I thought! Bwa ha ha ha ha! Breathe... bwa ha ha ha ha!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Hopefully he's donating large amounts of cash, theonly way he can really help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Because he's not REALLY trying to help, he just wants the press. If he really wanted to help he'd tell the cameras to go home and get busy. Buy he won't do that.

GR
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nice body armor...

No shit...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Penn accuses Bush amid rescue chaos

The US government was accused of "criminal negligence" as hopes of finding survivors faded and the death toll from Hurricane Katrina continued to rise.

Holidaymakers returning to the UK spoke of the scale of the misery while one said leering police officers demanded young women flash their breasts in return for help.

Oscar-winning Hollywood actor Sean Penn, who has been assisting rescue efforts in New Orleans, said the US government did not "seem to be inclined to help".

"We were pulling drowning people out of the water, it's the ultimate distress and human suffering ... dead bodies," he told GMTV.

Penn said he had spent nine hours on Monday searching the water for people and during all that time he saw just three boats carrying US officials.

"There are people that are dying right now and I mean babies and old people and everybody in between - they're dying. There are people dying and (the US government are) not putting the boats in the water, I think that's criminal negligence. I don't think anybody ever anticipated the criminal negligence of the Bush administration in this situation."

The US authorities were also castigated by British bus driver Ged Scott, from Wallasey, Merseyside, who was on holiday in the New Orleans area.

He stayed in the Ramada Hotel during and after the devastation with his wife, Sandra, and seven-year-old son Ronan. At one stage, Mr Scott, 36, had to wade through filthy water to barricade the hotel doors against looters.

He told the Liverpool Daily Post: "I couldn't describe how bad the authorities were. Just little things like taking photographs of us, as we are standing on the roof waving for help, for their own little snapshot albums.

"At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts. When the girls refused, they said 'Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey at least Penn is trying to help! Don't make fun of his efforts.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#25]

"At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts. When the girls refused, they said 'Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."

WTF?!?!? I haven't heard that one yet!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:42:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

WTF?!?!? I haven't heard that one yet!

sounds like a load of BSar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=387138
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I love the irony.  So many celebrities think that being famous makes them an authority on everything.

On our local news this morning they said that some of the stranded survivors were mocking Sean Penn, asking him how he intended to save people in such a small boat, especially when it was sinking.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#28]
so is that a gator resistant vest?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#29]
i heard he was down there to do some reporting for some rag...

d00p, btw...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#30]
"Don't worry about the boat, dudes.  My dad has an awesome set of tools!"

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Maybe cause he brought his own public relations group with him and didn't have any room in the boat for survivors.

He was on FOX and said they needed bullhorns and some other things...

I guess he's still a Geraldo wannabe for the San Francisco paper.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

He's not interested in helping.  Not really.  He's interested in trying to make Bush look stupid.  If he were truly interested in helping, him and his camera crew and personal devotees would have used all that money they wasted on their little "adventure" and paid some professionals to go in and get results.

This was a about BUSH, not about victims.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#33]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's new orleans, the police were just asking for " new orleans ID ".

About Penn:  an old German saying springs to mind....

Rub a Dub Dub,  Three men in a tub,  Fire One.  

Down scope.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
so is that a gator resistant vest?

Hopefully not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#35]

GM
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Down scope.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
what kinda weak ass BA is that?  Fag BA?

editted for spelling

you mean edited for spelling???

Yes, the spelling nazi strikes again
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Bet he had to bail out his silk panties too......

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Notice how Penn is on his knees...I'm thinking he's in that position a lot...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Notice how Penn is on his knees...I'm thinking he's in that position a lot...

That's the Hollywood salute.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Those are some darned good photochops! Right-click, Save as... Right-click, Save as...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#43]
It would surprise me if those good ol boys "forgot anything" . I'm wondering if penn just freaked at some water swishing around in the bottom of the boat . He looks like the only one concerned .
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#44]
is that billy zane in the background? from the movie sniper?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Because he brought his personal photographer.

Doesn't like the poperazzi, but hey, bring your own for a photo-op and it's OK.  Hey, it's good he's trying to help, but it's just a transparent PR stunt.  He has rescued his two poor folk, now he'll leave and tell us all he did it because Bush couldn't.

ETA:  He has some money, I hope he donated some money and blood.

you know he brought that camera to document all of Bush's "crimes"...I'm sure the pix would find their way on Michael Moore's website, and Soros would have a field day with them.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
is that billy zane in the background? from the movie sniper?

No, I don't think so. Billy Zane can't look that pansy w/o make-up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#47]
You think that back during the great flood Penn's relation told Noah; "I will take the unicorns on my boat."
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You think that back during the great flood Penn's relation told Noah; "I will take the unicorns on my boat."

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Down scope.

lol..
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#50]
It does appear to be Douglas Brinkley, author of the John Kerry Swift boat biography, in the boat with Penn - the middle of the three here.

You have to wonder what that's about.  Research, maybe.

or

"Author Douglas Brinkley and Sean Penn are seen here re-enacting John Kerry's first Purple Heart engagement.  Penn was heard to scream,..._____"

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top