Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 9:39:26 PM EDT
Unfucking believable.

Okay. I'm not the best at this, but here goes:
Edited on Mon Sep-05-05 11:17 PM by blonndee

Thanks to "eminent domain" SC decision, private property really doesn't mean a damned thing anymore.

There's been a lot of talk about how Bushco might rebuild NO as a resort-type town and how it's so valuable as a port city and with oil refineries and stuff.

Is it possible that the scanty rumors about the levee being broken on purpose could be true? Or even if it was an accident, when Nagin called for help to repair the levee, help was promised and never came. Was that part of either the MIHOP plan or part of the LIHOP "opportunity?" And,

Could the deafening silence and lack of action to evacuate people be due in part or whole to SOMEBODY checking legal options, making sure everything became uninhabitable (remember the suspicious chemical plant fires?), and then, when help finally DID arrive, bussing the survivors to faraway places where the community is broken apart, making it even more difficult for them to return?

Remember, Halliburton got the cleanup contract BEFORE rescue came. So they WERE doing business deals in the meantime.

I'm not very eloquent when it comes to this type of thing, but hopefully this is clear enough to raise questions that might have answers to connect the dots. I realize other people have been speculating on lots of this stuff, but I think this might be the scratch outline, if you will, of what MAY have happened.

On edit: Also remember how quickly Bush moved to nominate Roberts for CJ

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4656565

as always, leave link cold.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think DU exists merely to catalog and display for the rest of the world, the dumbest people on the planet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]

"Levy broken on purpose..."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????    These people have to be the most ignorant, self serving, pompus pieces of monkey shit I've ever had to share Al Gore's Internet with!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
From the DU Dictionary:

LIHOP refers to a conspiracy theory, similar to MIHOP, that the administration of US President George W. Bush was aware of the 9/11/2001 terrorist plans and "Let It Happen On Purpose." The most-commonly espoused reason given for why an administration would stand by passively in such a case is the belief that the government could use the incident to its advantage by using it as a tool to whip up public sentiment in favor of a war. (See PNAC.)

Some have speculated that FDR used a similar tactic with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.

MIHOP refers to a conspiracy theory, similar to LIHOP, that the administration of US President George W. Bush was not only aware of the 9/11/2001 terrorist plans, but was an active participant and "Made It Happen On Purpose." The most-commonly espoused reason given for why an administration would do this is the belief that the government could use the incident to its advantage, by using it as a tool to whip up public sentiment in favor of a war.

Coincidentally, in May of 2001, ABC news reported on a 1960's proposal called "Operation Northwoods", wherein American military leaders considered making terrorist attacks on US soil and laying the blame on Castro's Cuba, for the purpose of creating a public desire for war on that nation. This report has often been cited by proponents of the MIHOP theory.

Supporters have also compared this to 1930's Germany and the Reichstag Fire, in which the Reichstag was destroyed by fire, and communists were blamed, even though it is likely that the Nazi's actually started the fire as a setup to blame the communists in order to elevate Adolf Hitler to power; it worked!

From the Arcom version:  Fucktard; anyone who believes the above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top