Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 9:08:05 PM EDT
1. It's hard to beat a cool morning that requires you to don a flannel shirt to stay warm.

2. It's even harder when that morning is while you are camping.

3. I'm amazed at the hardiness of the AR15. That rifle takes more abuse than it should.

4. On the surface, higher fuel-economy vehicles seem like a good thing for the environment. Unfortunately, I think if fuel economy doubled, people would drive twice as much. That's double the emissions pollution, double the tire wear, etc.

5. Fall is terrific. There's football, woodstoves, colorful foliage, and cooler temperatures.

6. Every single time I ever thought, "It just can't get any better than this," I was outdoors. Kids need to get outside more.

7. Nothing tastes as good as fresh, cool water on a hot day when you're thirsty.

8. There's nothing more overrated in today's society than the need for a college education.

9. If you are happy to get up each day and go to work you are a very fortunate person.

10. Dogs can be really neat companions. It takes a special dog, however, to overcome my absolute hatred for the stench of dogshit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Being out doors on those crisp fall mornings is the best feeling I have experienced.  

When its winter, and there is nothing but the blue Colorado sky above me and fresh white powder underneath me, I am constantly amazed at nature's beauty.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

10. Dogs can be really neat companions. It takes a special dog, however, to overcome my absolute hatred for the stench of dogshit.

How about just house-breaking the poor thing?

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Just went to a family gathering/camping trip.  I took my 6 year old son on his first raft ride around a lake!  Then we did it again with his 5 year old cousin.

After we got back they played for hours on an old rotting fallen tree that somehow became a starfighter loaded with lightsabers, missiles and several tons of General Grevious killing bombs.

Family, Friends, Great Food, Clean Air, a Lake and a Mountain.  It just don't get any better than that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
For me there is nothing better than cutting firewood in the woods in the winter. You know what they say about firewood: it warms you up 3 times, when you cut it, when you split it, and when you finally burn it.

8. There's nothing more overrated in today's society than the need for a college education

I agree with this, except if you go to become a doctor, engineer or something pretty difficult to do.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top