Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 8:46:17 PM EDT
I have not been over there in a while. I hit the favorites link and I got a message saying that my IP address has been banned. Hell, I dont even post here. The last one was telling them that the were a bunch of crazy Mod happy wimps. Maybe they cant take criicism anymore. Been a member for over 4 years. And banned for hardly anything.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
They ban by IP, If you didn't get any explanation before the ban, then email Eric and ask.

Probably you got caught when they banned someone else. It happens.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You ought to see how easy it is to get banned at DU

Dont feel bad though, I was banned from my favorite computer forum because I called someone an idiot (rightfully so).  Oh well, this place is a 1000x better anyways.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
howdy  I rember you from the  coptalk board I haven't posted over there for about a year just kinda got tired of it
Little more free over here
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have not been over there in a while. I hit the favorites link and I got a message saying that my IP address has been banned. Hell, I dont even post here. The last one was telling them that the were a bunch of crazy Mod happy wimps. Maybe they cant take criicism anymore. Been a member for over 4 years. And banned for hardly anything.

1. Abandoning a discussion board for a while
2. Using the wod "HELL?"
3. Namecalling?
4. Cant spell right
5. Starting a sentence with a conjunction?

I WOULD BAN YOUR ASS TOO!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
using too many colors in your posts
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By DrFridge

2. Using the wod "HELL?"
3. Namecalling?
4. Cant spell right

See #2.....refer to #4
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's all it takes over there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
We don't care what happened to you at Glock Talk.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

2. Using the wod "HELL?"
3. Namecalling?
4. Cant spell right

See #2.....refer to #4

OWNED!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure you didn't mention that Glock .40s kb?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:56:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

2. Using the wod "HELL?"
3. Namecalling?
4. Cant spell right

See #2.....refer to #4

Yeah well.... ummmm I was banned too  .................................
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't feel bad, I was banned from the 1911 board for disagreeing with Dave Severns about internal vs. proprietary external extractors.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:15:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I am not banned at Glock Talk, but I haven't posted anything or even read the fucking board in well over a year.  Eric means well, but he's got this huge persecution complex and is constantly whining about how hard it is to run the place.  Then, to top it all off, when he gets DU-ish liberal trolls, he allows them to stay and bans any of the long-standing members that confronts them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I could never even get a log on ID.  They said my IP was banned.  I have a dynamic address from my DSL provider.  I gave up after they didn't answer any e-mails.  BFD.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#15]
What do they talk about? Which dishwashing soap leaves fewer spots?

Eddie
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:50:53 AM EDT
[#16]
i believe there have been problems with GT's software in the past giving that message to people who have not been banned.  try back in a few days.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2. Using the wod "HELL?"
3. Namecalling?
4. Cant spell right

6. Spelling your own name incorrectly. j/k

BTW there's a lot of "he's an official Super Secret Squirrel GLOCK ARMORER, he forgets MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW SO STFU" going on at Glocktalk. Don't piss off the GLOCK ARMORERS even though some of them give out sketchy info. One of the more respected members there kept saying you can squeeze +3 rounds using the 7151 +2 extension on a 17rd mag. The "3rd" round is nothing more than taking up the space needed to insert a fully loaded mag with a closed slide. BUt he would hear nothing of it. It's the same as squeezing 18rd into a 17rd mag, or 34rd into a 33rd mag.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What do they talk about? Which dishwashing soap leaves fewer spots?

Eddie

ROFLMAO

Actually... some of the guys do use dishwashers to wash their pistols... I wouldn't do that to my Glock though. It's an easy way of getting lead poisoning.

For the barrels I just dunk it in Slip 2000 carbon cutter. The carbon fouling just literally drops to the bottom of the jar. You don't have to sit there scrubbing the bore like a maroon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:06:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Friends don't let friends post on GlockTalk.

I have an account there, but use it VERY sparingly. Like maybe 10 posts total in the last 3 years. There are some good folks who post there, and there is some good info. But a lot of the GTers are kool-aid drinking idiots, or at least those are the ones who seem to define the GT environment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:53:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
One of the more respected members there kept saying you can squeeze +3 rounds using the 7151 +2 extension on a 17rd mag. The "3rd" round is nothing more than taking up the space needed to insert a fully loaded mag with a closed slide.

Actually, you can do it with a closed slide.  I do it all the time.  

It may not be what is was designed for, but it works.  I regularly keep a few mags loaded with 20 + 1 in the pipe.  I haven't had any problems in around 5-600 rounds......and I'm still using the stock springs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#22]
I visit there when I need specific info regarding my tupperware.....other than that the Hive Mine gives me all the info and spirited debate that I need........
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One of the more respected members there kept saying you can squeeze +3 rounds using the 7151 +2 extension on a 17rd mag. The "3rd" round is nothing more than taking up the space needed to insert a fully loaded mag with a closed slide.

Actually, you can do it with a closed slide.  I do it all the time.  

It may not be what is was designed for, but it works.  I regularly keep a few mags loaded with 20 + 1 in the pipe.  I haven't had any problems in around 5-600 rounds......and I'm still using the stock springs.

When I asked that on ARFCOM, the general consensus was that it's bad for the feedlips (it can spread them), overcompress the springs, etc... Even the folks on Glock Talk said loading a 33rd mag to 34rd will overcompress the spring, but somehow it's fine on a 17rd mag to load to 20rd w/ the +2 extension.

Any further discussion was then terminated and the "Glock Armorer" worshipping and kool-aid drinking started.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm in the same boat as you. I can log in, but it won't let me post or anything. I emailed them and never got a response. AR15.com is much better anyways
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn fridge, I would be on the rocks here too if those rules applied...lol

Anyway, I got an e-mail saying with the post that got me banned. I said the mods were pc sissy;s that take over and ruin the place. Thats all it took. What a bunch of crap. I mean you would think it was some type of  daycare. No foul language and no expressing your opinions.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Damn fridge, I would be on the rocks here too if those rules applied...lol

Anyway, I got an e-mail saying with the post that got me banned. I said the mods were pc sissy;s that take over and ruin the place. Thats all it took. What a bunch of crap. I mean you would think it was some type of  daycare. No foul language and no expressing your opinions.

Well BEFORE you read my reply mind you, I AGREE 100% with you...

Here is the deal, Freedom Of Speech DOES NOT APPLY to the internet world. You disagree with certain mods on certain boards [kissingass](NOT HERE THOUGH! ARFCOM MODS ARE THE BEST!!)[/kissingass] and you are out!

We got too spoiled out in the real world where you can say what you want and when you apply our constitutional rights on a PRIVATE DOMAIN... you get shunned. I guess you can say its like if you go to someones home and asked NOT to use cuss words there... it the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top