Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2005 8:44:18 PM EDT

Missing in Action: My Charvel Bass (just like the red one in the pic but, Pearl White with a Kahler tremelo... YES A BASS W/ A TREMELO!!) That one is at the studio.

Why do we have a "collectors mentality?" Collect guns, musical instruments, etc?

ETA: I changed the title ... Show your axes and rigs if you got em!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont see any Martins or Rickenbackers in there
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice spread, but why look at instruments when you can hear them play?  

www.myspace.com/orangedimension

That is the webpage for my band, Orange Dimension, and if you have a Myspace account you can see the band photo of us with our instruments.  I am playing my electric blue Ibanez SGR200 bass through a Fender Rumble 100, with a Rocktron Austin Gold distortion pedal occasionally used for a little extra growl and volume.

Ha, a hijack to turn this into a music techie and band thread!

BTW, are the Playschool toys in the background to keep the drummer happy during set breaks?

[ETA]  OK, to get things back on track...how long have you been playing bass/guitar?  what style of music do you play?

[EAT2]  fixed link to band...

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dont see any Martins or Rickenbackers in there

You're right!!! You DONT!  Fender and Charvel!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Not too bad... but yeah, you need a Martin in there... every good axe slinger needs a Les Paul, too.  

When I was doing a little bass work, I had a nice Ibanez 5 string... I loved it, but didn't get into the groove, and didn't try to find a band.  I wish I would have...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Where is your amp?

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]
my Strat and Hot Rod Deluxe
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
GREAT PICS!!! KEEP EM COMING!!!!! (Im gonna change the title too!!!)
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]
dfridge has more invested in guitars then i do in guns, sad day it truely is
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey -

isn't that the guitar Eric Clapton wanted to buy?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is my line up:

Not shown are my two acoustics, but they are not interesting anyway.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

www.myspace.com/orange dimension

That is the webpage for my band, Orange Dimension, and if you have a Myspace account you can see the band photo of us with our instruments.  I am playing my electric blue Ibanez SGR200 bass through a Fender Rumble 100, with a Rocktron Austin Gold distortion pedal occasionally used for a little extra growl and volume.

BTW, are the Playschool toys in the background to keep the drummer happy during set breaks?

[ETA]  OK, to get things back on track...how long have you been playing bass/guitar?  what style of music do you play?

First I clicked that link and there was a punk band that all had black shirts on and the drummer had a beard... Is that you?

Second. Playschool toys are TOO advanced for drummers

Third Playing bass since Sept 1980... I like ALL styles EXCEPT for hip hop, rap. I play Jazz, funk, Heavy metal, Rock... Oh and NO speed Metal... even play country too. Guitar is NOT my specialty, i just always wanted a Strat so i can mess around with the guitar. I just started playing Layla and Sunday bloody Sunday tonight... Sounds OK... I wouldnt put me on stage or record with a guitar... Bass yes, Guitar..... Nooooooooooooot yet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here is my line up:

www.seamart.com/brian/CRW_1924.jpg

Brian

Youre name isnt Brian... its James... James Hetfield!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here is my line up:

Brian

Holy shredding metalhead, Batman!!!

Here's my toys, well, at least a few of them. Have more but these are the ones I gig with.

The strats and teles are home made, btw.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hey -

isn't that the guitar Eric Clapton wanted to buy?

Yes, when I was teaching him....

Yes I WISH I had the just enough talent to even THINK like that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is my line up:

Brian

Youre name isnt Brian... its James... James Hetfield!!!

Bah!  You got me!

Yes, Hetfield, my one inspiration to pick up the guitar!

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is my line up:

Brian

Holy shredding metalhead, Batman!!!  

Yes metal is my forte, though, like DrFrige, I enjoy playing many types of music.  These days I mostly just play my baritone (the one with green flames) to play Swedish "melodeath," ie Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, et al.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I ACTUALLY was himmin and hawin between the Strat and a Gibson Explorer today like the black one in the pic you have. I had a Les Paul back in 1980 when I decided to give up on the guitar and get into bass. (Actually I SUCKED as a guitar player and was replaced in the band by this GREAT guitar player) I showed up to the studio and was CRUSHED when I saw my replacement standing there... He was SO cool though, he said "Dude why dont you play bass instead" and CUT my B and E strings and just had my E A D G strings

Rest was history. I played pass ever since.

I digress though... Is that REAL diamond plate on the explorer or is that a custom job?

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I digress though... Is that REAL diamond plate on the explorer or is that a custom job?

Yes it is real diamond plate.  I built that guitar myself for my Senior Project in High School, I ordered all the parts from Warmoth, except the pickups which I had to get elsewhere.  So I went down to a local warehouse where they build boats and I asked if I could have a peice of scrap aluminum diamond plate for my project, so I got a peice and spent about 20 hours in my schools metal shop cutting and shaping the plate to my guitar.  I mostly used a plasma cutter, router, and belt sander for the job, then I polished it all up and screwed it onto the face of my guitar.  It was a lot of fun, but I never play it because 1. I don't really care for tremelos as I use the bridge as an anchor for my hand, 2. the neck is not to my liking (it has stainless steel apex frets, kinda strange) and 3 the tone is so unlike my other guitars.  So it just not so suitable to me, but it looks sweet and has sentimental value.  You can check out my little page on the Warmoth website if you want:
www.warmoth.com/gallery/guitar/misc/brianhames.htm

Brian
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah baby.

In all seriousness I'm a pianist.  Not a great one, but I enjoy it.  You can see it somewhere in there behind a bunch of christmas stuff and Brandi (who, OT, almost caught a roadrunner today).

Oddly, this is just about the only picture I have of an exceedinly nice grand piano that cost more than most cars.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Oops.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yeah baby.

www.didgeridoobreath.com/Jaw%20Harp.jpg

In all seriousness I'm a pianist.  Not a great one, but I enjoy it.  You can see it somewhere in there behind a bunch of christmas stuff and Brandi (who, OT, almost caught a roadrunner today).

Oddly, this is just about the only picture I have of an exceedinly nice grand piano that cost more than most cars.
pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL19/926784/1701190/111144848.jpg

The piano... ahhh another GREAT musical instrument... One I took lessons to but didnt grab hold of... now regretting

I still now how to play "Tarantula" (how ironic)
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Here is my line up:

Brian

Bet you can bang out some mean "Puppets" riffs on those axes.  I always wanted an Explorer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is my line up:

Brian

Bet you can bang out some mean "Puppets" riffs on those axes.  I always wanted an Explorer.

Oh yes, some of the grestest riffs in rock history on that record, IMO.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:27:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.myspace.com/orange dimension

First I clicked that link and there was a punk band that all had black shirts on and the drummer had a beard... Is that you?
Second. Playschool toys are TOO advanced for drummers

Third Playing bass since Sept 1980... I like ALL styles EXCEPT for hip hop, rap. I play Jazz, funk, Heavy metal, Rock... Oh and NO speed Metal... even play country too. Guitar is NOT my specialty, i just always wanted a Strat so i can mess around with the guitar. I just started playing Layla and Sunday bloody Sunday tonight... Sounds OK... I wouldnt put me on stage or record with a guitar... Bass yes, Guitar..... Nooooooooooooot yet.

No, that is not us.  I fixed the link, here it is again:  www.myspace.com/orangedimension
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is real diamond plate.  I built that guitar myself for my Senior Project in High School, I ordered all the parts from Warmoth, except the pickups which I had to get elsewhere.  So I went down to a local warehouse where they build boats and I asked if I could have a peice of scrap aluminum diamond plate for my project, so I got a peice and spent about 20 hours in my schools metal shop cutting and shaping the plate to my guitar.  I mostly used a plasma cutter, router, and belt sander for the job, then I polished it all up and screwed it onto the face of my guitar.  It was a lot of fun, but I never play it because 1. I don't really care for tremelos as I use the bridge as an anchor for my hand, 2. the neck is not to my liking (it has stainless steel apex frets, kinda strange) and 3 the tone is so unlike my other guitars.  So it just not so suitable to me, but it looks sweet and has sentimental value.  You can check out my little page on the Warmoth website if you want:
www.warmoth.com/gallery/guitar/misc/brianhames.htm

Brian

What kind of tone does it have- real tinny and metallic?  Lots of harmonics?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Here's a couple of mine...

'83 American Standard w/ Seymour Duncans all the way around, and a Warmoth scalloped neck

2000 Yngwie Malmsteen Signature model, once again w/ Seymour Duncans.  

I've got a '73 Les Paul, an HR series strat, and a Jackson that I don't have pix of.  

The rig:
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok, my floor-shakers.......

From Left to Right: 1989 Peavey Dynabass Unity Series; Peavey Cirrus, Bubinga top; Carvin LB 20 fretless, all koa wood with Sperzel tuners and Wilkinson bridge.

Sorry, no pics of the amp stack, but they all sound fabulous through my Hartke 3500 head and Hartke 2200 cab!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#29]
spinal tapg
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't use an acoustic kit for practice anymore 'cause it's WAY TOO LOUD.  With the E-Drums, I just slip a pair of headphones on and the sounds I hear are fantastic.  Additionally, I can play also with CDs in my headphone mix.  That's great fun.  Finally, the electronic 'brain' has 99 pre set drum kit sounds.  Some are very, very good while others are just for fun.  The set is very versitle; much more so than my acoustic set.

And My Acoustic Kit at a Gig...

PS... Drummers Rule!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Some amplification and speakers...

A Washburn strat that I did a boatload of custom work on and sprayed with BMW paint...
And my Ibanez JS1000 - custom wired the push/pull pots, didnt like the stock circuit...

American Texas Special strat - picture sucks, it looks a lot nicer than this...

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#33]
1977 Wal Pro1e

1992 Wal Mach II

80's Spector w/upgrade EMG's

Live/Tour: Mesa 400+, Korg DTR 1000, Furman, Ampeg 8x10

Backup amp: Ampeg SVT III pro, korg tuner

Pedalboard

Various amps, Mesa DC-5, Marshall Lead 12, Fender bass, Yamaha keyboard amp, etc

Kurzweil 88 key PC2

Action shot : Me on tour a couple of years ago, with G&L ASAT:

Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera-fu is weak.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Some of you guys have some serious coin invested!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I NEVER understood how you can play the bass so low ... almost at your kneecaps!!!

Then again I never understood John Entwistle with his bass in his armpit either!!! for some reason you remind me of Nikki Sixx.

Thats NOT an insult BTW!

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#37]

< ----

hey, i'm not bad at it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
1977 Wal Pro1e

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_1.jpg

1992 Wal Mach II

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_2.jpg

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_11.jpg

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_9.jpg

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_4.jpg

Pedalboard

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_3.jpg

Various amps, Mesa DC-5, Marshall Lead 12, Fender bass, Yamaha keyboard amp, etc

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_5.jpg

Kurzweil 88 key PC2

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_6.jpg

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/Zcockrocker.jpg

Verrrrry nice...gotta respect a man who is professional enough to know a backup rig is always necessary.

What kind of pedals you running there?  The purple and green rectangular ones look familiar.

Man, I never could get into that playing "low slung" style, always made it impossible for me to play anything but muddy and bangs the bass against my bad knee.  Everyone says I play more like Entwhistle- high up with with precision and a few jumps and hops for show.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Wife's Yamaha and my Fender Acoustics:

My Peavey Falcon and Peavey Backstage 110 practice amp:

Wife's Peavey Nitro I with my Seymour Duncan 84-40 tube amp (I never use the peavey amp unless my wife and I are playing together):

ETA:  Here I am half a lifetime ago playing in a college party band:

Kent

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#42]
CM you make some AWESOME guitars... I have seen your pics before... Beautiful stuff!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Didnt Geddy Lee use a Wal on the Big Money video?? or am I wrong here?

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I NEVER understood how you can play the bass so low ... almost at your kneecaps!!!

Then again I never understood John Entwistle with his bass in his armpit either!!! for some reason you remind me of Nikki Sixx.

Thats NOT an insult BTW!

Thanks Doc...I grew up listening to punk and speed-metal, so it kinda went with the territory...plus, it just seems natural to me!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Beautiful guitars CM.  I think I'm in love with the the green V.

How many hours do have in the creation of those guitars?

Kent
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Didnt Geddy Lee use a Wal on the Big Money video?? or am I wrong here?

You are correct. Geddy used Wals [and still does]. He uses Mach I models, a Red one w/gold hardware and a Black one w/ gold hardware.

Other Wal players include John Entwistle [who was instrumental in the early designs], Justin Chancellor, Paul McCartney, Justin Meldal-Johnson, Mick Karn, etc etc.

More Info Here
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
CM you make some AWESOME guitars... I have seen your pics before... Beautiful stuff!!!

+1

Killer stuff.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Not up to the abilities of CM but here is a Wammoth Tele I put together,

I'm happy with it.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1977 Wal Pro1e

1992 Wal Mach II

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_2.jpg

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_11.jpg

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_9.jpg

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_4.jpg

Pedalboard

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_3.jpg

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_5.jpg

Kurzweil 88 key PC2

i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/4StringSlinger/09_06_6.jpg

Verrrrry nice...gotta respect a man who is professional enough to know a backup rig is always necessary.

What kind of pedals you running there?  The purple and green rectangular ones look familiar.

Man, I never could get into that playing "low slung" style, always made it impossible for me to play anything but muddy and bangs the bass against my bad knee.  Everyone says I play more like Entwhistle- high up with with precision and a few jumps and hops for show.

Thanks man!

Pedals:

Ernie Ball Volume

Dunlop Bass Wah

Line 6 delay modeler [the green one, highly reccomended]

Line 6 synth modeler [purple one]

Line 6 filter modeler [blue one]

Digitech Whammy

Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer [original, not re-issue]

Boss Bass EQ [for shits and grins]

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I AM LOVIN' THIS THREAD!!!!

Glad to see lots of ARFCOMMERS with musical talent... this is awesome stuff!!!

Keep em comin!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top