Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 8:31:03 PM EDT
When I listen to the gripes of the evacuees,  I'd sometimes rather they spent the fortune on N.O. relief on displaced pets instead of people.

A dog isn't going to gripe about what you feed him. He'll just be grateful.

Still, I have to stop and rethink that the media is doing an injustice to the majority of people that are grateful to be given ANYTHING.

I really think that MOST-certainly not all- survivors are looking not for a handout, but for a hand UP so they can get on with their lives.

I just had to post this because it's too damned easy for me to get pretty cynical after watching the News.

I just had to remember that the average guy of any race color, etc gets up and puts on his work pants and goes to work in an effort to try raise his family as best he can.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey pic, I think that the news is filtering out those that are appreciative which are the majority of those that stayed behind. The ones that LEFT when they were supposed to are coming back with Budget and Hertz and Ryder trucks to either move out or start cleaning and rebuilding.  Dont forget all those that they are shoing on the news that are ungrateful are showing how cold and callous the gummint is.

I HATE the news media. HATE THEM!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have absolutely no doubt there are lots and lots of genuinely decent people suffering terribly in this.

Just remember - if 10,000 people get an MRE to eat and say “thanks” - it isn’t news.

But if one person gets an MRE and complains about it – it is.

News is marketed, just like tobacco, lipstick and toilet paper.  The idea isn’t to inform, it’s to attract a customer.

There’s just more money in reporting on bad people than on good people.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top