Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 7:08:48 PM EDT

Tanisha Blevin, 5, holds the hand of fellow Hurricane Katrina victim Nita LaGarde, 105, as they are evacuated from the Convention Center in New Orleans, La., Saturday, Sept. 3, 2005. Hundreds of people waited several days to be evacuated. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)

Two cars sit on top of a home surrounded by floodwaters from Hurricane Katrina Sunday, Sept. 4, 2005 in New Orleans. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

An image released by Britain's Natural History Museum in London, Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2005, showing Natural History Museum expert Stuart Hine with a giant centipede 'Scolopendra gigantea', which was found in a north London home. Aaron Balick, 32, a psychologist from Islington, north London, trapped the venomous centipede in a plastic box after he found it behind his TV and took it to the Natural History Museum. There, experts identified it as 'Scolopendra gigantea' - the world's largest species of centipede. The creature measured nine inches long by just under an inch wide (not including its legs). (AP Photo / Natural History Museum, PA)

A police car drives past a woman's dead body on the sidewalk at Magazine and Jackson streets 02 September 2005 in New Orleans, Louisiana in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Some New Orleans police and firefighters were driven to suicide by the trauma of trying to hold the city together in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Mayor Ray Nagin said.(AFP/File/James Nielsen)

Mules used to pulled surreys in the French Quarter roam downtown New Orleans, La., Sunday, Sept. 4, 2005, in the aftermath of Hurricane Kartinna. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)

That’s all for this edition.  It’s too damn depressing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump, Thanks Johnny.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
GREAT PICS THANKS.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I never though I'd see the day when we leave bodies along the roadside in this country, how sad. It's as if parts of this country are becoming or have become a third-world shit pit....
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]

I will not sleep tonight knowing that such things exist.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Just me or does it look like the green minivan has a body in the front passenger seat.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050831/capt.lon80608311303.britain_lon806.jpg

I will not sleep tonight knowing that such things exist.

Yeah.... thanks a lot asshole!

Just kidding.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
That demon would've measured wider and longer when the experts saw it because I would've squished the mofo.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Johnny! I love this thread!
Not the creepy centipede though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome pics Johnny.  Love the first one.  Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top